It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unseen ufo.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
reply to post by groingrinder

Kinda looks like a cloud to me rather than anything else

It can be a DIGITAL ARTIFACT

edit on 25-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

NO! I can rule that one out. I have shot thousands of pictures none of which exhibit the compression illustrated in that article.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is snot on your lens.
Together with refraction.

Good job. Ewww.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Doesn't seem like a lens flare (no obvious light source in shot), or the ever pervasive glass or plexiglass window chip. (UFOs with strongly contrasting halves.) But...

Hate to disappoint, I still wouldn't be surprised if most UFOs with that amount of detail are dust or T-shirt fuzzies that happens to static-cling onto the camera lens. However if you knew what it was, it wouldn't be a UFO now, would it?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Thanks. I look for satellites all the time so I am aware of the configuration of stars overhead. We have lots of helicopter activity here because Boeing builds the Apache here in Mesa.

Is it possible the object in the background is high air traffic either coming from or to Sky Harbor? More than 1,200 aircraft arrive and depart from there every day. Not to mention nearby Luke Air Force Base.

Only saying since I have Davis Monthan AFB here in Tucson, and sometimes if I photograph military aircraft flying over my place, I'll sometimes catch normal air traffic in the background. It's certainly possible....

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by ForteanOrg

The camera is what it is. I won it at Marlboro.com playing the outwit the west trivia game a couple years ago. I have no other camera to shoot with now. I am looking to get another 35mm film camera off my younger brother who does not use it anymore to help out while I save money for a DSLR.

Well, at least you HAD something to take a decent picture with

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

A note I want to make here. A bigger picture is not necessarily a clearer picture. The pixels are still the same size. The lens and sensor performance is still the same. The photo is just bigger. Much in the same way that I could type this in a larger size, but the information presented by the words would still be the same.

Wrong.

For maximum flexibility you should choose the option that corresponds to the pixel count of your sensor, such as 16MP. This should be the first option you come to in the image size option of your camera's menu system. This will ensure that whenever you want to enlarge or crop an image, your images will contain the highest level of detail to begin with.

The camera basically does what you would do in software ie re-size the image it's always better to have more pixels to play with up to a point.

A 12mp sensor on your camera will not give as good pictures as even a 5-6 mp DSLR due to sensor size and quality of optics.

I started 30+ years ago with a totally manual 35mm SLR then onto compact video/still cameras, bridge type cameras and now back to my Sony SLT DSLR

So get it back on 12mp you will have more to work with!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Does look similar to that UFO photographed over the ghost barn recently. There are other reports of the event but I chose this page because it is a closeup photo that looks much like what you have captured. The woman's camera broke after she captured this image. Does your camera still work? lol Wondering if this UFO is what the choppers were after?

edit on 27-5-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Has anybody raised the idea that this could be Venus? an unfocused Venus coupled with a slight move of the camera could cause what we see in the picture. Since the shot is of a moving helicopter it stands to reason that the person taking the picture would be moving the camera to keep it on the chopper.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
Has anybody raised the idea that this could be Venus? an unfocused Venus coupled with a slight move of the camera could cause what we see in the picture. Since the shot is of a moving helicopter it stands to reason that the person taking the picture would be moving the camera to keep it on the chopper.

The only problem with that is the 1/1600th of a sec shutter speed.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Unless its an aircraft, at around 30,000 feet, totally out of focus. then I guess it is an Unidetified Flying Object. Very cool

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Thanks for dropping by. It is always nice to see an old friend from Rendo. It would sure be nice to get a clear closeup shot.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I wish it was from Sky Harbor or Williams Gateway, or Falcon Field. I would run right over and get close ups. I would love to have a gift certificate from the Davis Monthan bone yard. So many cool planes to choose from and even the stripped out ones would make a nice guest cottage.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thanks. I always appreciate your input.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks that is a good comparison, but that one seems to have more surface detail than mine. I appreciate the link.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

First off I love your avatar. I used to have a 74 International Scout II and it took me on many wonderful expeditions in Colorado and Arizona. I originally wanted a Bronco, but could not afford one. I have never seen Venus in the daytime and never have I seen it this big. And yes you are correct about me panning the camera to keep the helicopter in the frame.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

First off I love your avatar. I used to have a 74 International Scout II and it took me on many wonderful expeditions in Colorado and Arizona. I originally wanted a Bronco, but could not afford one. I have never seen Venus in the daytime and never have I seen it this big. And yes you are correct about me panning the camera to keep the helicopter in the frame.

Thank you. I just finished a complete restoration of it, and now it is metallic orange pearl, with 35" mud grapplers and KMC badland wheels. She's gorgeous IMO
. I have a good friend with a 75 scout II and he just finished getting his restored, it is jaguar metallic silver. Beautiful scout. I'm like you, love the scouts and broncos. This is my bronco now after the restoration:

I have in fact seen Venus shining brightly in the daylight, more towards the very late afternoon. Maybe because I live further north it may appear brighter where I live? But, in looking again at your picture, I'm thinking I agree with you that it might be too large to be Venus anyway. Man I'm stumped.
edit on 4-6-2013 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2013 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join