It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The unseen ufo.

page: 3
23
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease


It sure doesn't look like a weather balloon to me!
That doesn't look like the picture the OP posted to me!

I'm not sure why you say it doesn't look like a weather balloon. Here's the picture the OP posted on the bottom compared to a weather balloon on the top (from my previous post).


The bottom picture is so pixellated how can you tell it's not like the top? The Air force said the shape of the weather balloon varied from round to elliptical so it didn't even hold that exact shape seen in the top in other pictures. I'm not saying it IS a weather balloon, but I don't see how you can say it's not, or that it doesn't look like one.


Originally posted by JayinAR
I mean, its the color of a cloud, for Pete's sake, and it is very small.
Yes, I wouldn't rule out a cloud either.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification




posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Willease


It sure doesn't look like a weather balloon to me!
That doesn't look like the picture the OP posted to me!

I'm not sure why you say it doesn't look like a weather balloon. Here's the picture the OP posted on the bottom compared to a weather balloon on the top (from my previous post).


The bottom picture is so pixellated how can you tell it's not like the top? The Air force said the shape of the weather balloon varied from round to elliptical so it didn't even hold that exact shape seen in the top in other pictures. I'm not saying it IS a weather balloon, but I don't see how you can say it's not, or that it doesn't look like one.


Originally posted by JayinAR
I mean, its the color of a cloud, for Pete's sake, and it is very small.
Yes, I wouldn't rule out a cloud either.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification


That bottom picture look like it came from the first image the OP posted, rather than the full resolution image he posted. I took the hi-res image, ran it through enlargement with a Lanczos interpolation filter to avoid the pixellation, then enhanced the colors and contrast to bring out detail, and got virtually the same image as the other poster, the only difference was that the object in mine was yellower, and there were more JPEG artifacts in mine.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


Thanks a lot for your calculations and information. I appreciate it.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Willease
 


Thanks. That is the highest res version that I have.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


Thanks for your analysis. Kinda looks like a cloud to me rather than anything else.



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.




posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
groingrinder, any chance of tracking down the original or is it gone forever? This would be a great photo to analyze!
edit on 25-5-2013 by abracadabra203 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder
 




Kinda looks like a cloud to me rather than anything else


It can be a DIGITAL ARTIFACT


edit on 25-5-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Willease
 


Thanks. That is the highest res version that I have.


That's ok...cool picture all the same.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


No, that's what I got using Photoscape. Deal with it.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
wow , next time you notice odd military activity you should try to see if there are any more around. also try looking at night for the fake "stars" im going to bet its not an alien space craft you took a picture of there, its a military vehicle people have been sighting all over the world in the last few years.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Not weather balloon this one, could be the real thing if not fake, a real ET craft ..
Analysis of the original image seems to indicate it's not photoshopped/edited. Although there are ways of hiding photoshop traces.
edit on 26-5-2013 by kopetepanda because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2013 by kopetepanda because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder
 


This is not a personal criticism groin BUT why is it that we cannot get UFO pictures that define the 'object' as clearly as you have photographed the helicopter, ie easy to identify and see.

Thank you for sharing this picture.

However - why are all the UFO pics - dots in the sky ?

I mean the white blob could be a seagull ?



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The Powershot SX130 IS suffers from compression problems which may produce artefacts. I do not say that this IS such an artefact - I don't know - but it is a known problem with this camera. Then there is the chance that a spec of dust or an insect reflects the very bright sunlight, just when you made the photograph. Given that you haven't seen anything (a flying disk would probably have caught your eye) and it does not show up in any other photographs, I don't think there actually was something flying around there - other than dust, bugs and that other weird grey thingy with the eight protrusions


edit on 26-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
That bottom picture look like it came from the first image the OP posted, rather than the full resolution image he posted. I took the hi-res image, ran it through enlargement with a Lanczos interpolation filter to avoid the pixellation, then enhanced the colors and contrast to bring out detail, and got virtually the same image as the other poster, the only difference was that the object in mine was yellower, and there were more JPEG artifacts in mine.



Well I measured the object in the crop and the full pic same number of pixels, the original picture looks like a 100% crop from the full image that would explain the same number of pixels. So looks like you were wrong with your assumption.

Just a pity it wasn't a 12mp picture that the camera is able to take.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


A note I want to make here. A bigger picture is not necessarily a clearer picture. The pixels are still the same size. The lens and sensor performance is still the same. The photo is just bigger. Much in the same way that I could type this in a larger size, but the information presented by the words would still be the same.

Thank you for your contributions to this thread and your private correspondence with me. I appreciate all of it.

It irks me somewhat to use the largest picture size when shooting because the camera's faults show up so well. The picture is always fuzzy and in need of the unsharp mask as well as contrast enhancement.

I wish that this camera could shoot in RAW mode, but it cannot and I am saving for a DSLR that can.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg
 


The camera is what it is. I won it at Marlboro.com playing the outwit the west trivia game a couple years ago. I have no other camera to shoot with now. I am looking to get another 35mm film camera off my younger brother who does not use it anymore to help out while I save money for a DSLR.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway
 


I have no easy answer for your question. It may be that UFO's have an active disruptor technology that is designed to prevent detection or a natural by product of their propulsion technology.

Yes the blob could be a seagull. I like the cloud explanation myself, but I will not rule out the seagull explanation.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kopetepanda
 


Thank you. No it has not been 'shopped.



posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13100D
wow , next time you notice odd military activity you should try to see if there are any more around. also try looking at night for the fake "stars" im going to bet its not an alien space craft you took a picture of there, its a military vehicle people have been sighting all over the world in the last few years.


Thanks. I look for satellites all the time so I am aware of the configuration of stars overhead. We have lots of helicopter activity here because Boeing builds the Apache here in Mesa.



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join