It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Confirms Presence of "Unknown" Submarine in Chilean Territorial Waters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
How about chinese subs? Why do people always thinks it is US sub when the chinese has been very very wily these days..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

It was obviously Aliens.

Don't know about origin but there was an incredibly strange USO event off the coast of Antofagasta on 24th September 1971. The unidentified flying object was described as 'a sort of rectangular building with many windows' and shone a beam of light down onto police officers before heading out to sea and being witnessed by the entire crew of the fishing vessel “Martín Pescador" where it circled around the ship and submerged into the ocean.

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971.

Probably doesn't have much bearing on this case though.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hi
I'm David , from Chile. I have no knowledge in weapons, sonars or related systems, but acording to chilean press the submarine could have been detected using the sonar 2087, manufacured by Thales Underwater Systems (though this is not oficial information).

www.strategypage.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe someone related to the field could confirm if this is credible or not.

Regards, and have a nice weekend!
edit on 24-5-2013 by davesc78 because: A mistake in the second link (url)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The Chilean navy uses Thales 2087 sonar on their Type 23 frigates which is what the RN is currently upgrading their frigates with. Hardly cast off equipment.
The Type 22 has been modernised and is the oldest ship of their current fleet. Their main combatant units are Type 23's, Jacob van Heemskerck ('L' class) and Karel Doorman ('M' class) frigates, not exactly old ships.
I would say they capability to detect something.

But here are my two cents. I say that what they caught was a Peruvian sub and they know it (perhaps a Type 209). The whole 'unknown' thing is a diplomatic way of saying to Peru "Yes, we know you were there and no, you can't sneak in on us."
edit on 27-5-2013 by Killcomic because: spelling and info

top topics

<< 1   >>

join