It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile Confirms Presence of "Unknown" Submarine in Chilean Territorial Waters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Something "fishy" here, I must say. They think the submarine was of U.S. origin and nuclear propulsion, What was it doing there?

In a statement, the institution remained uniform contact with the ship "until it moved away from the exercise area and our Territorial Sea", specifically west of Antofagasta.[

The Chilean navy confirmed on Thursday the presence of a submarine "unknown" without specifying the origin of the ship, which was traveling outside the Chilean territorial waters to the west of the city of Antofagasta.

As reported by the institution in a statement on May 14 while conducting naval exercises, "antisubmarine sensors of our National Fleet, Submarine Force and Naval aircraft, sonar contact had an unknown submarine, he journeyed beyond our Sea Territorial, maintaining contact until he moved away from the exercise area and our territorial sea. "

They said that the ship was discarded pertenciera to a neighboring unit and next to it "gave knowledge to the relevant national authorities." /ex]

www.latercera.com...[editb y]edit on 23-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Someone probably just trying to get a look see of the Chilean naval excersis, I imagine the Chilean Navy is probably pretty pleased with itself picking up someones nuke sub getting to close. Cant imagine it being that shady, the nuke sub skipper was probably just bored.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The Chilean navy confirmed on Thursday the presence of a submarine "unknown" without specifying the origin of the ship, which was traveling outside the Chilean territorial waters to the west of the city of Antofagasta.

As reported by the institution in a statement on May 14 while conducting naval exercises, "antisubmarine sensors of our National Fleet, Submarine Force and Naval aircraft, sonar contact had an unknown submarine, he journeyed beyond our Sea Territorial, maintaining contact until he moved away from the exercise area and our territorial sea. "

They said that the ship was discarded pertenciera to a neighboring unit and next to it "gave knowledge to the relevant national authorities."

The navy said that "according to international law establishes the Law of the Sea", only one unit of the submarine type "is entitled to transit submerged," without stopping or enter "to national waters.

Finally, the armed forces have stated that anti-submarine detection systems "sophisticated" and "highly trained" to detect these alarms.

Earlier there was speculation a foreign submarine, specifically of U.S. origin and nuclear propulsion, had entered territorial waters while exercises developed by the Navy.

At about PPD deputy and member of the defense committee of the House, Jorge Tarud, remarked in conversation with CNN Chile that "can not enter our territory any nuclear ship" and that would "highly serious".

On the other hand, and based on rumors that point, the deputy DC, Ricardo Rincon, told Canal 24 Horas that "northern border sector is highly delicate and sensitive and always has been part of the Navy and in general by the national defense, which is very articulate, very detailed coordination to fulfill treaties and land and maritime borders. "

The congressman said that "there have been some problems, but with boats tied to the fishery resource."

A us nuclear sub?
Wonder what they were doing down there.
Looking for the bloop?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by Trueman

Someone probably just trying to get a look see of the Chilean naval excersis, I imagine the Chilean Navy is probably pretty pleased with itself picking up someones nuke sub getting to close. Cant imagine it being that shady, the nuke sub skipper was probably just bored.

Not so sure about it. Hey, remember this thread couple of weeks ago??? :

"Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No offense to the Navy of Chile, but i seriously doubt any major powers nuclear subs would have been detected by them. You are talking top of the line subs against very average detection abilities. They would only be detected if they wanted to be detected.

Perhaps someone here with some Submarine or ASW experience could shed light on that.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ok man, im cool about that idea, but one thing you have to bear in mind, international politics being what they are, we have to look realisticly how that would have went. Why would the Chilean Government deny harbor of an American nuke sub harboring in its international waters for any reason it pleases?, end of the day, its America. Bearing in mind that it is America, they bomb countries and vaporise entire nations, just for trade resources, Imagine what they would do to a country like Chile in the persuit of recovering ultra technology from other planets and or dimensions.

But then, not every country may not know as much about the light in the sky the way America knows about them, so America may not be willing to appear to overt with regards to the recovery, investigation for fear of letting another country know to much.

But Chile may indeed have the clout to turn away an America nuke sub, if it was, could very well have been a Russian sub, but if it was American I imagine South America could be a haven for off the books shadow bio-tech corporations who hold trillions in research and patents that could order a few high ranking people to give orders to a foreign nuke sub and deny them any sort of harbor. And they have recovered it first and parked a very specific part of the Chilean Navy, i.e nuke sub finders off the coast to stop people trying to get too close.

WHO KNOWS EH???.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
No offense to the Navy of Chile, but i seriously doubt any major powers nuclear subs would have been detected by them. You are talking top of the line subs against very average detection abilities. They would only be detected if they wanted to be detected.

Perhaps someone here with some Submarine or ASW experience could shed light on that.

Dunno man, Chile have had a navy for hundreds of years, they buy subs from Germany with Exocet capability. They probably do spend quite a fair bit on ultra state of the equipment listening equipment because at the end of the day THATS JUST SMART.

Sure they only have 100 ships, but they probably like any other sensible country makes sure they can protect there borders regardless.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I can confirm that it would have very difficult for Chilie's Navy to detect one of our subs.

I am a former submariner (U.S), and have done at least one exercise with Chili, they never detected us during the exercise, unless they where given specific areas to look for us in.

Half the time our own forces cant even find our own subs during exercises, they usually need to given our area of operation before they find us (areas of operation are usually a few square miles).
edit on 23-5-2013 by RobertF because: clarify

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Godzilla.....At least that will be the US Navies response.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe they were looking for the sooper seekrit underwater entrance way into Venezuela.

How else are you going to sneak out all their oil and gold without them knowing ?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No one knows if it was a US sub though.

There is no way to determine that simply based off sonar pings (unless you have a database of every known sub's signature and cross ref) of which no one claimed to have or done.

This could have been anyone's sub. Even a North Korean one although that's highly unlikely.

Saying it was nuclear is a pure assumption, it could have been diesel. In fact, being so easy to spot it probably was a diesel sub.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Dunno man, Chile have had a navy for hundreds of years, they buy subs from Germany with Exocet capability. They probably do spend quite a fair bit on ultra state of the equipment listening equipment because at the end of the day THATS JUST SMART.

Sure they only have 100 ships, but they probably like any other sensible country makes sure they can protect there borders regardless.

Ever heard of active sonar ping? It is high tech #...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

They spend as much as Iran and more than most European nations, probably a top 20 nation as far as spending is concerned.. So yeah, I'd say they probably have access to a lot of high tech equipment.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Where do they buy it from?
Nobody sells their best stuff to the international market.....
What ships do they have and who built them when?
id bet their best are cast offs from somewhere else....

as i suspected they are running just about every ship of the line, a cast off from the vaeious navies of the world...Israel.US,France,Germany,Canada, (its an old icebreaker)Sweden, etc
their flagship an old british type 22 boxer class HMS ex Sheffield....
edit on 24-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This could have been anyone's sub. Even a North Korean one although that's highly unlikely.

I don't think they can paddle that far.
Lil' Kim isn't that little you know.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
No one knows if it was a US sub though.

There is no way to determine that simply based off sonar pings (unless you have a database of every known sub's signature and cross ref) of which no one claimed to have or done.

Saying it was nuclear is a pure assumption, it could have been diesel. In fact, being so easy to spot it probably was a diesel sub.

I agree.

The key word in the source article being "speculation".

So they knew there's a sub around, but they have no idea who's it is.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think they can paddle that far.
Lil' Kim isn't that little you know.

North Korea docked a sub in Cuba not too long ago.
Just letting you know, even they have gotten around.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well, they detected the sub almost by accident, while they were performing exercises. That means it was possible because they happened to be in the right area, in the right moment. That also means chilean navy have that capacity.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Thanks for that information. I think it's also important to know what were they doing there.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It was obviously Aliens. USO. Probably the guys who built the heads on Easter Island.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join