It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking puts beer in danger, German brewers warn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Fracking puts beer in danger, German brewers warn

BERLIN — German brewers have warned Chancellor Angela Merkel's government that any law allowing the controversial drilling technique known as fracking could damage the country's cherished beer industry. The Brauer-Bund beer association is worried that fracking for shale gas, which involves pumping water and chemicals at high pressure into the ground, could pollute water used for brewing and break a 500-year-old industry rule on water purity.

Even though this is happening in Germany everyone that likes their beer no matter what country they live in should take notice of this. Fracking must stop if it puts our beer in danger. Protests of the oil companies needs to be organized. Mass emails to your government officials must be made to stop this from continuing. Let's do like the Germans and stand up to the government and say stop this NOW!!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Star an Flag for you brother!

Wouldn't it be shameful if all it took to stop fracking was due to beer? Just a thought. I'm mostly Czech so I love my beer, afterall, Czechs are the biggest consumers of the nectar of the Gods.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh no! This is going strait to the Facebook!

I'll hear no more arguments about fracking! It's bad it's fracking BAD!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I guess what concerns me the Most is Not the fact that the Beer Industry will be supposedly RUINED, but that the water supply will be Contaminated with Chemicals and Not One Person is B1tching about that.

Or is No one concerned about drinking contaminated water. .. ?

Go Figure.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Contaminated water!? Did not read the OP? The beer is in danger!

Water? Like what's in the toilet? Jeeze Louise man get your priorities strait!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Your Selective Perception has gotten the better of you.

you read "BEER".

But you did Not see where the water, that it is made with, will be contaminated.

You need to lay off of the Beer Bong. It is Not doing you any good at all.

edit on 23-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No no I saw, but that's the special water for beer!

It's needs our protection at all costs! Your talking about drinking water which we can all agree is useless.

Besides if that's what you want Nestle sells it....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Apparently you don't get it.

I am willing to bet money that there are people drinking that water ( Before it is processed into beer ).

It does not matter how many people. If it contaminated it isn't really good for anything.

Unfortunately I do not share the same appreciation for beer as you so I am failing to see how the contamination of a useable water supply is less important than water used for beer.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

(sigh) I'm sorry I just meant for you to chuckle then go on about your day. I concede to your argument.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

There was a beer company years back, I think Coors that's slogan was, "It's the water"!
Back before modern purification techniques that was very true.
Now all water is filtered in one way or another and is superior to the swill folks drank back in the 1800's.
That said, I do not agree with the idea of fracking and only see corporations poisoning Mother Earth for their short term profit.
But as long as corporations, and banks and the media is ruling the show, this poisoning along with every other bad thing will continue.
Funny how BSG used the word fracking for what corporations are actually doing, and that was in the 80's.
Prophetic.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Star an Flag for you brother!

Wouldn't it be shameful if all it took to stop fracking was due to beer? Just a thought. I'm mostly Czech so I love my beer, afterall, Czechs are the biggest consumers of the nectar of the Gods.

Mead??
I did not realize it was that big over there!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not beer! NOOOO!

-SAP-

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The subject of Fracking is a pretty tough argument.

I have to put it right up there with:
Global Warming
Evolution
UFOs

I see these basically as Stalemate Arguments because for either side there are enough holes to fill a block of Swiss Cheese. On the other hand each side is able to present just as many valid arguments.

In the case of Fracking for this instance I would say that the Resources Obtained would definitely Not justify Contaminating the water supply.

top topics

join