It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro plans to picket 9 year old's funeral in Moore, OK FRIDAY, 10 A.M.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The sad thing is, they firebombed that compound in Waco with women and children still inside just because buddy thought he was Jesus, and yet they let these poor excuses for human beings carry on as if they do nothing wrong....It just sickens me how the double standards are in this world today.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It really makes me sad that there are people who will do things like bomb a marathon in Boston, or shoot up a school in Connecticut... they shoot and bomb the things we don't want harmed, when there are actually places that do need a good bombing and/or shooting, like Westboro Baptist Church.

I believe this is one of the tenets of Murphy's Law. When you want something you can't have it. When you don't want it, you'll get it.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by 1curious1

One of their Tweets:

Amazing work of God! He promised this gift for a rebel nation! Jeremiah 23:19.

My word - I don't know who is more of a Tool to scripture: these idiots or Islamic radicals.

For once, I hope their is a god, 'cause more than likely it will shove a pineapple, backwards mind you, up the arse of every individual subscribing to either fallacy.

Not every day I see a Little Nicky reference.

I'm here for the beer and the %$&@#!.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Being from oklahoma(in kc now) I have wanted to make the drive to Moore just to see the scope of the damage for myself but I have decided not to go

This makes me want to go just to help shield these idiots from the family, but I would probably end up in jail

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This group is no different from a spoiled brat kid who repeatedly acts out for no reason other than to gain attention.

Why do they keep doing it over and over?? Because it works.

The best response would be to stop feeding their need for attention. In saying that, I'm not saying that the people whom they have harassed should have just turned their heads and looked the other way. I am mostly just referring to the Nationwide attention that they continue to receive. I shouldn't know anything at all about them.

If they had been ignored all along (on the National Level), they would have stopped doing this crap long ago.

reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

The sad thing is, they firebombed that compound in Waco with women and children still inside just because buddy thought he was Jesus, and yet they let these poor excuses for human beings carry on as if they do nothing wrong....

'Just because he thought he was Jesus?

If he thought he was Jesus, then why did they have such a massive arsenal of weapons, ammunition, and explosives?

edit on 5/24/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Is the petition only for Americans? Please say no

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

But does Jesus hate free speech? That's the key question.

I am all for free speech. I think they have the right to express themselves. Just as I have the right to call them disgusting.. Really though I am surprised there are no laws in place to stop people protesting funerals. I am all for protest and atavism. But I think peeps should have more respect for the dead and grieving.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

I don't believe they are abusing the freedom of speech and assembly at all. It is an utter waste of time on their part and a greater burden placed onto the mourners. That does not change the fact that they have the right to do so. I feel the same way about all our non-negotiable rights. They cease to be rights and become a privilege when restrictions are imposed.

I think we could restrict protests during weddings and funerals without greatly impeding on our basic right to protest in general. For starters, these are not cheap events, and these protesters are in essence unwanted guests to an otherwise private function.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If someone were to DARE to gloat about the death of ome of my children, they WOULD be on their way to meet their maker.
And I would argue it was a crime of passion and I would walk.

Put that in your damn pipe and smoke it.
You are allowed free speech, but you must also accept the consequences of said speech.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Being from here, I say bring it. With the open carry law, and damn near everyone in Oklahoma having a gun, and the fact that Moore was hit so hard, and all those little kids, tension is high. Just saying if a few go missing we'll know what happened.

Somebody seriously needs to hurt a few of these people badly or at least scare them to the point that they are afraid to do this kind of thing anymore. Even a few of them dying can only be a good thing for the world, the country and their own children.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

This makes me want to go just to help shield these idiots from the family, but I would probably end up in jail

Being an avid Harley rider I am proud of these dudes who are there for that specific reason. To shield the real victims from WBC. Photo taken off of facebook from a rider that is there.

edit on 5/24/2013 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Originally posted by JayinAR
If someone were to DARE to gloat about the death of ome of my children, they WOULD be on their way to meet their maker.
And I would argue it was a crime of passion and I would walk.

Put that in your damn pipe and smoke it.
You are allowed free speech, but you must also accept the consequences of said speech.

Then it isn't free-speech. Free-speech says everyone has a right to express their beliefs and opinions, as long as it isn't harassment (forcing the person to hear - they are allowed to walk away) or as long as it isn't a death threat (threatening violence, attempted murder, and disturbing peace).

Agreeing with free-speech ONLY when you like the opinion and threatening to beat up people otherwise is NOT free-speech.

It's stuff like this that will get free-speech thrown away, when people actually express themselves and others can't control their own emotions and want to attack them.

If it were at the funeral of my relatives, I would just make sure they don't go to the funeral disturbing the peace, but other than that, if they aren't AT the funeral distracting everything, then they have the right to say whatever they wish and I have the right to ignore them, walk away, and not listen.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know its nearly impossible to do, considering how vile these people are. But really, the thing to do is to completely ignore them. Every mention they get online,ever news headline, every bit of vitriol spit about them simply furthers what they are trying to do.

The way to make them go away is to simply ignore them.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Westboro? Evil incarnate. I'm not a Christian - and neither are these people. What they do is not freedom of speech - it's absolutely evil and they should all be criminalised.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Westboro? Evil incarnate. I'm not a Christian - and neither are these people. What they do is not freedom of speech - it's absolutely evil and they should all be criminalised.

I have not done any research to back this up but I read in the comments of an article that the entire WBC family are lawyers and they really don't care about the things they protest but are looking for lawsuits against people who somehow violate their rights during their ridiculous antics. I wonder.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No. I'm all for free speech actually.
I am just telling everyone what I would do, matter of factly, if heaven forbid one of my children were to be killed and some shart stains like this showed up to gloat about it.

May as well start digging more holes now.

ETA: are you disagreeing that speech has consequences? I could list 1,000 instances that illustrate otherwise.
edit on 24-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While I find what they do personally reprehensible, we are FREE to express ourselves in America.

Liberty for one, liberty for all.

Derek

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

It is true they are almost all lawyers. The other thing that is true about them is they are not a typical church, almost all of the congregants are members of the Phelps family. They do these protests and if they are attacked they file suit and frequently win. I would like to take a moment to say I do not condone what these people do. However this is not only their right to free speech, but also them exercising their faith. The consequence of the freedom of speech and the freedom to practice your faith freely has a downside and when you look at WBC you are seeing it first hand in all it's tasteless glory.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I implore everyone in the vicinity of these people to keep from doing anything to them that would incite a lawsuit. This isn't a religious group. They only claim that label as a way of abusing the loophole. They're nothing but a family of powerful lawyers, and they make their money by using verbal harassment to provoke violence, in order to sue in return.

Keep them from making more money. That is the only true way to stop them once and for all.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I implore everyone in the vicinity of these people to keep from doing anything to them that would incite a lawsuit. This isn't a religious group. They only claim that label as a way of abusing the loophole. They're nothing but a family of powerful lawyers, and they make their money by using verbal harassment to provoke violence, in order to sue in return.

Keep them from making more money. That is the only true way to stop them once and for all.

I agree. A drive-by shooting by masked men in a non-descript vehicle with no license plates is the absolutely best answer to these protests. The key is to hurt them and not get caught.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join