Westboro plans to picket 9 year old's funeral in Moore, OK FRIDAY, 10 A.M.

page: 2
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well i suppose we can sit back and watch the twits all go to hell when they're time comes, i think God doesn't like hate in peoples hearts so he might as well burn them out
to westboro or whatever yah call those geeks.




posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Sankari
 

But does the 1st amendment include the right to HARASSMENT,and going out of your way to cause others stress,worse heartbreak,great distress,because you force your first Amendment right onto people during PRIVATE FUNCTIONS AND GATHERINGS??.By forcefully,uninvited turning up-crashing the funerals of the deceased,and practically terrorising the grieving and bereaved to push your own convictions?


Yes it does:


The First Amendment protects a fringe church's anti-gay protests at military funerals, a nearly unanimous Supreme Court ruled Wednesday in a powerful opinion that spoke to the nation's tolerance for even hateful public speech.


(Source).

If you want free speech you must live with the fact that other people's free speech may be offensive.


What about your right to bury your dead in peace,without a bunch of aggressive zealots harassing you,telling you in your face they're elated that your loved one(s) died-because of what they believe?


Do you even have such a right? Which Amendment would that be?



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 1curious1
 


Even Jesus hates Westboro church.. These people really disgust me..


But does Jesus hate free speech? That's the key question.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 1curious1
 


Even Jesus hates Westboro church.. These people really disgust me..


But does Jesus hate free speech? That's the key question.


I don't think Jesus hates at all but i'm sure he doesn't like nasty bigots who spout hate at others.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I don't think Jesus hates at all but i'm sure he doesn't like nasty bigots who spout hate at others.


I think you're correct. However, if free speech is a God-given right, Jesus is in no position to complain about it...



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 


Its only a god given right to some people in America but not to all, you seem to pick and chose who gets arrested and who doesn't i wouldn't call that free speech. Wasn't some guy arrested in philli at the weekend for free speech about hash or whatever you call it, he wasn't doing anything wrong barr talking, yah right free speech tut.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by Sankari
 


Its only a god given right to some people in America but not to all, you seem to pick and chose who gets arrested and who doesn't i wouldn't call that free speech.


I'm not American. I don't even live there.


Wasn't some guy arrested in philli at the weekend for free speech about hash or whatever you call it, he wasn't doing anything wrong barr talking, yah right free speech tut.


I have no idea what you're talking about.




posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
When all said and done i don't like these Westboro people free speech or no free speech they all seem to be a bit on the mental side and need locked away from good people going about there daily business, and Amen to that.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 

The "right" to bury your death in peace,without some group of hateful psycho's loudly declaring their joy at the death of your loved one,in this case a child,may not be in any constitution.But it is a ritual that should be protected and DEMANDED as a right by any and all sane,decent people with even a molecule of humanity in them.

By the way,this was a military funeral? For a child? Your quote said fringe churches may spout their demonic venom at military funerals.Does this indeed cover the private funerals of ordinary citizens?
Or are we going to have to start applying for permits to bury our own in our backyards now,so when things like WBC comes along,we can at least call the police to remove the trash from our pavement-under the public nuisance laws/bylaws?

I'm South African,btw,so i don't have much knowledge of American laws and amendments-but it seems common sense that there should be a very definite line between free speech,and outright harassment.They have their lair to spout their twisted bile from,and they should have the right to attend public protests,that i can agree with.They should have the right to put up websites,publish magazines,newspaper articles,that is reasonable,and certainly falls under free speech.

This is the funeral of a 9 year old child.

If WBC pitches up there and start HARASSING+INTERFERING AT THE FUNERAL OF A CIVILIAN-and this is allowed under the 1st amendment-YOU'RE ALL ON A SLIPPERY SLOPE.Because there is in the mind of any sane person,a very distinct difference between free speech-harassment.Free speech means,to me,anyway-that i have the choice to read/listen to what you want to put across.Harassment means groups of people descending upon a captive audience(like a funeral) and trying to Force said captive audience to listen to their "free speech".



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by Sankari
 


Its only a god given right to some people in America but not to all, you seem to pick and chose who gets arrested and who doesn't i wouldn't call that free speech.


I'm not American. I don't even live there.


Wasn't some guy arrested in philli at the weekend for free speech about hash or whatever you call it, he wasn't doing anything wrong barr talking, yah right free speech tut.


I have no idea what you're talking about.



Then keep up with the news i do and i live in N.Ireland



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Sankari
 

The "right" to bury your death in peace,without some group of hateful psycho's loudly declaring their joy at the death of your loved one,in this case a child,may not be in any constitution.But it is a ritual that should be protected and DEMANDED as a right by any and all sane,decent people with even a molecule of humanity in them.

By the way,this was a military funeral? For a child? Your quote said fringe churches may spout their demonic venom at military funerals.Does this indeed cover the private funerals of ordinary citizens?
Or are we going to have to start applying for permits to bury our own in our backyards now,so when things like WBC comes along,we can at least call the police to remove the trash from our pavement-under the public nuisance laws/bylaws?

I'm South African,btw,so i don't have much knowledge of American laws and amendments-but it seems common sense that there should be a very definite line between free speech,and outright harassment.They have their lair to spout their twisted bile from,and they should have the right to attend public protests,that i can agree with.They should have the right to put up websites,publish magazines,newspaper articles,that is reasonable,and certainly falls under free speech.

This is the funeral of a 9 year old child.

If WBC pitches up there and start HARASSING+INTERFERING AT THE FUNERAL OF A CIVILIAN-and this is allowed under the 1st amendment-YOU'RE ALL ON A SLIPPERY SLOPE.Because there is in the mind of any sane person,a very distinct difference between free speech-harassment.Free speech means,to me,anyway-that i have the choice to read/listen to what you want to put across.Harassment means groups of people descending upon a captive audience(like a funeral) and trying to Force said captive audience to listen to their "free speech".


I wish i could give you a flag Rox but a star will have to do lol well said petal.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50
 

Thanks bally

Seems to me the American public should send a petition to the White House,demanding protection from WBC.In their own way,they are terrorists.Pity they don't have a huge reserve of oil under that demon-infested lair they call a church-they would've been toast by now



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I wish i lived in America cos every time those edjits said about a protest i'd get together a bigger one with Westboro'ers for the mental house on my banner



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by ballymoney50
 

Thanks bally

Seems to me the American public should send a petition to the White House,demanding protection from WBC.In their own way,they are terrorists.Pity they don't have a huge reserve of oil under that demon-infested lair they call a church-they would've been toast by now


lol i nearly wet myself laugh at that


Though Americans have enough on there plate without worrying about edjits like that, instead of picketing, Westboro should be putting shovels in there empty hands and helping with the clean up



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have one thing to say to Westboro and other Baptist Churches and churches that preach for money.

"The hireling careth not for the sheep"



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Sankari
 

The "right" to bury your death in peace,without some group of hateful psycho's loudly declaring their joy at the death of your loved one,in this case a child,may not be in any constitution.


Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. No right in the Constitution.


By the way,this was a military funeral? For a child? Your quote said fringe churches may spout their demonic venom at military funerals.Does this indeed cover the private funerals of ordinary citizens?


I don't know if the Snyder ruling covered private civilian funerals, but if a private funeral is held on public property it's difficult to see why the WBC would be prevented from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the vicinity.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Sankari
 

The "right" to bury your death in peace,without some group of hateful psycho's loudly declaring their joy at the death of your loved one,in this case a child,may not be in any constitution.


Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. No right in the Constitution.


By the way,this was a military funeral? For a child? Your quote said fringe churches may spout their demonic venom at military funerals.Does this indeed cover the private funerals of ordinary citizens?


I don't know if the Snyder ruling covered private civilian funerals, but if a private funeral is held on public property it's difficult to see why the WBC would be prevented from exercising their 1st Amendment rights in the vicinity.


I think the 1st Amendment was for free speech not for hate spouting bigots spreading filth and lies, so i hope they get the asses thrown in jail for it.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The problem here is that there is no stipulation about appropriateness. Free speech laws should allow anyone to say anything in the proper environment...

Where do people draw the line? Some seem to think that this cult should be allowed to disrupt this funeral to preach their vile hatred, but why do they need to do that there? Why can't they preach their opinion to their sympathizers and not be offensive to innocent grieving people?

Think about this for a moment... if you believe in free speech, and no obstacles should be placed in front of anyone to stop them, would you allow a grown man to read out '50 Shades of Grey' outside a school?

It's a deliberately extreme example, but why not? After all, it's just their right to free expression right? And everyone deserves the right to preach anything they like wherever they like in public under the banner of constitutional rights!

It's inappropriate, if not illegal. And protesting at ANY funeral should be a criminal offense whether you personally agree with the right to people expressing any opinion or not.

Freedom of opinion and the right to express it are important, but there has to be some common sense when it comes to whether it is APPROPRIATE or not.

I would deem the right to bury a child in peace and with respect vastly more important than a cult and their hateful opinions. They can still express their opinions, just somewhere more appropriate.



posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 

Yes,it would be difficult to see why they would not be able to disrupt a funeral,and traumatise the bereaved,if it's on public property-from a LEGAL viewpoint.From the viewpoint of anyone with a heart,anyone with an ounce of decency in them,it would be very difficult to see why the behavior of WBC does not fall under public harassment,and should be excluded from the Free Speech amendment.An amendment that allows a group like this to FORCE civilians to hear their opinions-and the word FREE-do not belong in the same phrase,imo.


edit on 24-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)


CX

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Being from here, I say bring it. With the open carry law, and damn near everyone in Oklahoma having a gun, and the fact that Moore was hit so hard, and all those little kids, tension is high. Just saying if a few go missing we'll know what happened.


Couldn't agree more.


If anyone wants to think bad of me for not shedding a tear when someone rids the planet of these people when all they are doing is "using their right to free speech", then bring it on......i will forward your concerns onto someone who gives a hoot.


CX.





new topics




 
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join