It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow! Well, he can't survive this...I wonder who the new Attorney General will be? I wonder if it will stop with him...or will it go higher? I'd guess it'll end with Holder.

I did a search on this topic and didn't find it posted...apologies if I missed it.

Attorney General Eric Holder signed off on a controversial search warrant that identified Fox News reporter James Rosen as a “possible co-conspirator” in violations of the Espionage Act and authorized seizure of his private emails, a law enforcement official told NBC News on Thursday.

Sourc e

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Take this with a grain of salt at this point.

"A law enforcement personnel" Unnamed sources are more often than not figments of the journalists imagination.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

"I am troubled by the possibility that leak investigations may chill the investigative journalism that holds government accountable," Obama said. "Journalists should not be at legal risk for doing their jobs."
reply to post by BobM88

Holder has to sign all kinds of things and his Aide just puts the stuff before him for his stamp or signature..He will now review this policy and fire his Aide.......Will be interesting how POTUS handles this

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

I hear you...but that bastion of conservatism, NBC News is behind the story...so I think on that basis there may be something to it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Will be interesting how POTUS handles this

The manner in which he has handled everything to this point requires you to change your statement...

"Will be interesting if the POTUS handles this

lol

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

A Henry Blake and Radar O'Reilly working relationship at the DOJ, At least with regards to signing off on a search warrant is troubling in and of itself. What else might've just been slid into a stack of papers? Who else has been investigated?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I considered that as well.

But a story as potentially large as this is enough incentive to override their political affiliation in my opinion. Besides, it's not Obama or any other important Democrat that's getting railroaded here.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm really torn here.

How. . . HowHowHow is this administration going to blame Bush for this?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Heh...great minds.

Well, granted, he's not a Democratic "star" player, but he's still the AG...maybe it's just me that expects the highest law enforcement officer in the country to be more careful with how he executes enforcing those laws.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

All that is really needed is a "Letter of Authorization" for a subordinate to sign in lieu of him. I used to do so for my Commander all the time when he was not available. It's perfectly legal as long laws are not being broken.

That said, I also saw plenty of people burn for misusing that authorization. I can see him using this as a defense. Truthfully, it holds no water in this case.

But he is still top dog at the DoJ and should pay the piper. What gets my goat is that even if he resigns or is fired, he will still be wealthier and have more power than the average person. Unless of course he gets thrown in prison, which we all know is unlikely.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Investigating leaks was a program begun under the Bush administration. AG Holder and the President had no knowledge that this existed until it came to light recently. ...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
On the bright side, Obama has ordered a review of these investigations...to be done by the DOJ.

DOJ Investigates itself

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

So the government is investigating wrong-doings by the government. I imagine that the government will end up imposing a punishment based on the government findings of government wrong-doings.

(ouch)
I have a nose bleed now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Heh...great minds. Well, granted, he's not a Democratic "star" player, but he's still the AG...maybe it's just me that expects the highest law enforcement officer in the country to be more careful with how he executes enforcing those laws.
reply to post by BobM88

Your faith in humanity is greater than mine if you expect any person with that much power to act honorably.

Allow me to dig a bit deeper in to the rabbit hole if you will.

With the unprecedented amount and scope of government scandal currently in play, on some level the public demands "blood" What if Holder's the "sacrificial lamb" meant to satisfy that demand, who's public humiliation and downfall would potentially protect the significant members of the Democratic Party from suspicion?

Explains MSNBC's involvement
Makes sense from a tactical standpoint
Wouldn't surprise those aware of the levels of corruption in the gov/media in the slightest

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I think you're right on, Holder is big enough to satisfy, (probably), the demands for someone's head, and small enough not to tarnish the party brand too badly. At least no worse than it is already.

I understand the incestuous relationship that government and the media have. When you hear the same talking points from the media talking heads on different networks on the same day...same hour...its pretty apparent they're basically reading from the same script. Or singing from the same choir book. Or whichever colloquialism works best.

ETA: You're probably right too about my having too much faith in humanity from folks at that level...

edit on 23-5-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

I think you're right on, Holder is big enough to satisfy, (probably), the demands for someone's head, and small enough not to tarnish the party brand too badly. At least no worse than it is already.

I understand the incestuous relationship that government and the media have. When you hear the same talking points from the media talking heads on different networks on the same day...same hour...its pretty apparent they're basically reading from the same script. Or singing from the same choir book. Or whichever colloquialism works best.

ETA: You're probably right too about my having too much faith in humanity from folks at that level...

edit on 23-5-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry I got here late-- but it was a relatively new thread. Packing in some
"Gruel to the Death" away to the freezer. Hope the juice stays on....

Back to reality and the OP
This stuff is getting so varied and pathologically wierd to just look at: per the
old quote of his, Vlad Lenin would be getting motion sickness a year ago.
I said this before and recently: the one thing they've got going for them,
other than smorgasbrain is the three or four main courses are too far out to be
believable anymore. And the fried chicken went translucent LAST weekend.

Things are still buck passing upstairs to the Top Cop.. and to have anybody sign
off on an obviously immoral if not illegal action by DOJ means he HAD to specifically
state to the authorized aide what he could and couldn't sign off on FOR him...
either that or the fumes from his flaming hair from the House grill finally got to him.

Hyperbolic and far flung example: "I want you to do whatever it takes to shake these
Fox ankle biters off me until after the mid-terms." You'll not hear a peep of it in the
five minute lightning cap of Jim Lehrer's, but something had to be ground rules.

Specifically on the top-end inbreeding--
How many generations of incest since maybe JPMorgan bought up all the newspapers
and wire services for the Rothchilds? A little over 100 years. that's a lot of whacked DNA.

@ Beezer-- I wouldn't trust these guys to grade their own papers anymore.
BuzzWrongAnswer. See CFTC paper gold golem... insert high up ex-traders as policemen.(??)
But even 50 or so years ago there were enough attics in the Beltway to hide these mutants.
Now God help us they're old enough to be running things behind the scenes for others one
Sgt Ermey quipped as 'grabasstic.." My prayers go out for the continued structural integrity
of our national monuments, and little else in that diseased eleven square miles o' dirt anymore.

But believe what either of the kids said about the chopped up living room??? I'd have to drink
concentrated fluoride slurry thick enough to spackle the Time Out Room at Langley...
if even they were astute enough to isolate the troublesome children occasionally.

That isn't workin' either, forget it. The whole Fed government's gone Bugger King, and I'M FULL

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm really torn here.

How. . . HowHowHow is this administration going to blame Bush for this?

Simple, because the frame work for them to do this type of thing (patriot act) was in placed under Bush... just how Gitmo was bushes fault...

Far be it for the Obama administration to do the right thing and not use policies available to it, NO president will ever reduce the power of the office, just expand it.

ITs why these over steps in power need to be addressed harshly, otherwise it becomes par for the course.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's not just Rosens private emails that he okayed .... Holder okayed the invasion into the private phone records of Rosens PARENTS who live in Statin Island as well. Yep .... That's even more outrageous!!

Originally posted by BobM88
Wow! Well, he can't survive this ...

I didn't think Holder could survive the other stuff he's pulled either. Like showing bias towards the New Black Panthers and his refusal to prosecute them. But obama just keeps him on ...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

And, you did hear what Holder had to say about all of this...you know...
He does not know!? Thats right, Holder knows nothing!

This video is a compilation of just one hearing, he must have said it 50 times
in every way you can say it and then some, it sounds like a scripted joke
but its real!

edit on 24-5-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Holder is not a Keeper.....he will be let go as ballast to try to save the ship of state.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join