It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocs – Shoes for People Who’ve Given Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Awesome,

Eventually it will all become grist for the ATS Mill, but sometimes it takes a Beezer to get it to the boards.

I knew Crocs were some sort of fashion sign post warning that we were going somewhere bad, I was just too busy to understand it well enough to articulate it.

I have this weird thing about shoes. I think that it is because both sides of the family lived through the depression. My grandparents had shoe issues, they passed the anxiety on to my parents and they passed it on to me. It just fundamentally does not make sense to me that when given the choice as to where one will spend $40 on shoes that they would select some shoe-oid plastic thing.

The way a person dresses really does reflect their willingness to participate in society.

Have you noticed that most Americans these days dress in a daytime version of pyjamas? Oversized t-shirt, baggy shorts, and crocs, or some croc-like thing?

It all says. "I don't want to talk to you, ignore me, can't you see I'm not dressed for it". For a guy, slacks, a collared shirt and shoes that will take a polish mean, "I'm ready to engage and participate".

I think that we need to take a cue from our Latin American brothers and sisters; they wouldn't dare leave the house dressed in sweats and crocs. They get up in the morning and put on their most appropriate 'best' and are ready to engage with society.

Presenting one's self nicely signals a willingness to be friendly and participate.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here's a little story about Crocs..They are originaly from Quebec !!! Anyhoo !

I wear a size 12 shoe, got me some canary yellow Crocs, you know, so noone would dare taking them...Well guess what...I had them taken while I was at the beach...So, this time I bought some nice pink ones...I'd hate to see that woman that wears a size 12 men's shoe !!! Plus...The fun about Crocs is that they are the ultimate Anti-fashion show....The are great for work around the yard, that is what there were intended to be in the first place.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised that a thread about Crocs got to 3 pages?

Good ol ATS. A website populated by an inordinate plethora of shiftless layabouts.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Pretty much the only shoes that don't hurt my feet.

The only shoes that don't hurt my feet:

I'll be wearing those damn things until the day I die. Not only are they comfortable, but they are even good for some athletic purposes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuke2013

I wear a size 12 shoe, got me some canary yellow Crocs, you know, so noone would dare taking them...

Well guess what...I had them taken while I was at the beach...

So, this time I bought some nice pink ones...I'd hate to see that woman that wears a size 12 men's shoe !!!

Plus...The fun about Crocs is that they are the ultimate Anti-fashion show....The are great for work around the yard, that is what there were intended to be in the first place.

See what I mean? This post sounds like it could have been written from a minimum security prison. Gotta watch out for people stealing your flip-flops, because you will need them when you are working in the 'yard'.

Gotta love it. Crocs: They're What's For Prison

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
I wear a size 12 shoe, got me some canary yellow Crocs, you know, so noone would dare taking them...Well guess what...I had them taken while I was at the beach...So, this time I bought some nice pink ones...I'd hate to see that woman that wears a size 12 men's shoe !!! Plus...The fun about Crocs is that they are the ultimate Anti-fashion show....The are great for work around the yard, that is what there were intended to be in the first place.

Here's an idea to avoid shoe theft if you ever have to leave them in public.

You can buy really convincing looking fake poo at joke stores, like this. Leave one of those in your shoe where it's visible if you are at the beach or something. If anybody thinks some dog/cat dropped a steamer in it they'll think twice.

Or just leave a note inside saying you have some fungal infection that's contagious

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
reply to post by Nuke2013

I wear a size 12 shoe, got me some canary yellow Crocs, you know, so noone would dare taking them...

Well guess what...I had them taken while I was at the beach...

So, this time I bought some nice pink ones...I'd hate to see that woman that wears a size 12 men's shoe !!!

Plus...The fun about Crocs is that they are the ultimate Anti-fashion show....The are great for work around the yard, that is what there were intended to be in the first place.

See what I mean? This post sounds like it could have been written from a minimum security prison. Gotta watch out for people stealing your flip-flops, because you will need them when you are working in the 'yard'.

Gotta love it. Crocs: They're What's For Prison

Trust me...I'm not in jail....I'm actually a highly paid public servant doing IP telephony, you know . VOIP !!! My Crocs are comfortable and I use them mostly for when I do yard work or head to the beack...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just took off my crocks because I sank in the gardens with them on.

Really I have heard this negative stuff about them in the past and as a people watcher have seen a rise in the off brand crocks (real crocks are Way Expensive) over the past several years.

They are comfortable and inexpensive, if you are overweight they are easy to slip on or off and if you have back problems like I do, they are a real convenience.

I think the study is bias and was looking for the answers to match their prejudice.

Why demonize something that is affordable and a comfortable footwear in these tough economic times?

I personally think they look fine for runs to the grocery store if you do not have anything better.

I bet if you did an experiment on the people who did this study, you would find them self serving and loathsome individuals placing their needs before anyone else's including their own children and family.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

They have a community center against cold-cuts! That's got to be from the Onion, come to think of it, this study has to be from the Onion. That's funny stuff there!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Here is a pair I think you might find *gulp* comfortable...

And even ET have fallen in love with the casual look and feel of Crocks

edit on 24-5-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well,my neice and nephew have a pair of shark crocs,and dino crocs,and they love them for days out at the beach or in the woods.
Oh and BTW I found a pic of the mighty motivated croc wearer,Ed Stafford wearing his crocs on the last leg of his Amazon journey:

Ed is on the left,Cho his walking partner on the right,zoom in to see Ed's crocs.
His book is also well worth a read IMO.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Too funny! I am a chef on my feet 10-12 hours a day most days and I wear Cocs. I find them the most comfortable. I still shave my legs and underarms!

x

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I only wear them when I actually have given up...for the day anyways.
I come home from work and slip em' on, feeling like a leisure king.
Comfort and durability are why I wear them. I've had a pair for several years and they are still hanging in there.
Ugly yea, but stomp worthy yo, in and out of the water. Makes me wonder if sweat pants qualify for 'giving up' too?
Cuz yea, I surrender most care at the end o the day, seeking pure comfort and simplicity.

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hate crocs. I always have. I'm pretty sure that study is bang on with it's findings...and I detest the way they look!! Lazy, smelly, slovenly, can't be bothered making an effort to even look reasonably presentable. I would rather be barefoot, which that's healthier anyway, and osteopathic concerns notwithstanding, a decent pair of flip flops or sandals look so much better (and I don't mean the foamy beach kind, I mean the dressy kind). And at least flip flops show off nice feet and show that you take care of them. I always suspect foosty, fungusy, dirty, damp, uncared for feet lurk in crocs

edit on 24-5-2013 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Should we remind people that the "Study" was satire? There are people that obviously are a bit clue/crock less....

Personally I could not ever wear them, they are ugly as ugly gets and nowhere near as versatile as a good pair of Keen Sandals. I can hike, climb, go boating or to the beach in them and they never fall off. They also have anti-microbial insoles.

Keens! Unless of course you think Crocs are expensive; then don't even look them up.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sanuks is where it's at!

edit on 24-5-2013 by Lysergic because: resized

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I love you for posting this. Just reading the thread title made my day.

AND, now I feel totally justified in my hatred of Crocs. Thanks so much, there is nothing like the feeling of vindication!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
After reading a lot of the replies, you can kind of get the feel for the ones who wear them here.

edit on 24-5-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
censored
edit on 24-5-2013 by Operations because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As an ACTIVE engineer who does field work and not just office doodles, I find crocs very useful. Loafers and even sneakers will just have their soles peel or wear off when exposed to OIL. Crocs don't have that problem and you wont slip as much too.

But when heavy equipment's around, nothing beats safety shoes. Utility is better than fashion. The person who wrote this probably work for the leather industry. Maybe paid for by insecure leather magnates.

Edit: What a croc of ... crocs! It's satire! Talk about TLDR. So the person who wrote this works for the ... comic section of newspapers?
edit on 25-5-2013 by headb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join