It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocs – Shoes for People Who’ve Given Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I put this story here, though I could be wrong. . . I was too busy laughing to focus.

New York – A study just released by Columbia University shows that a vast majority of the people who wear Crocs shoes lack enthusiasm, don’t look forward to anything, are unimaginative and don’t have anything worthwhile to say. The study also found that women who wear Crocs shoes routinely disregard shaving their underarms and legs, watch “Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood” and have a deep disdain for women who are fashionable.

Yup.

The study was conducted by Sociology Professor Dr. Talmond Rabinowitz in 2009. Over a period of nine months he and his staff interviewed over eight thousand Crocs owners throughout the United States. He told the Daily Rash that his findings surprised even him.

Satire.

You gotta love it.

. . . . but is some truth to it?

Linky

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hahaha star and flag for the title alone.
second.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Crocs aren't cheap. I guess all the people that have given up are doing pretty good.

I would bet this study was funded by a hedge fund who was short Crocs at that time. Hope they covered becaus eit went up 3000+% from the 2009 price.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dr. Rabinowitz sounds like a &*^ebag.

How did he come to those conclusions without passing personal judgement on each interview? Those descriptions are not the type people usually use to describe themselves .

edit on 23-5-2013 by FirstCasualty because: craaaazy grammer

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I put this story here, though I could be wrong. . . I was too busy laughing to focus.

New York – A study just released by Columbia University shows that a vast majority of the people who wear Crocs shoes lack enthusiasm, don’t look forward to anything, are unimaginative and don’t have anything worthwhile to say. The study also found that women who wear Crocs shoes routinely disregard shaving their underarms and legs, watch “Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood” and have a deep disdain for women who are fashionable.

Yup.

The study was conducted by Sociology Professor Dr. Talmond Rabinowitz in 2009. Over a period of nine months he and his staff interviewed over eight thousand Crocs owners throughout the United States. He told the Daily Rash that his findings surprised even him.

Satire.

You gotta love it.

. . . . but is some truth to it?

Linky

I wholeheartedly agree with these test results. I'm hard pressed to extract an original thought out of any person I've met wearing Crocs.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm going to do a study on ATS members who can't get satire or other obvious things.

Wait, hell, that's a full time career... I retract my statement. Yikes, that was close.

Crocs aye.. sort of new age sandals I guess. But then, socks with sandals.. who can argue !

link   
As a chiropractor, I cringe every time I see someone walking around in them. Completely awful for your feet, ankles, knees, and spine. Nearly as awful as flip flops!

link   
While the story is satire, isn't there always a small element of truth involved?

I realize that it plays on stereotypes, but thought it a light-hearted amusing story.

No need to take it all too seriously.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

While the story is satire, isn't there always a small element of truth involved?

I realize that it plays on stereotypes, but thought it a light-hearted amusing story.

That's the same reason Jon Stewart's viewers are more politically informed than viewers of FOX according to studies. Then again, FOX might be viewed as satire nowadays, too.

In any case, satire has always had the reputation of illuminating uncomfortable truths in ways that allow people to tell the offended party "just joking!" I can take a joke but the news is a bit harder to swallow. A joke or two is needed to wash it down.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

People who wear crocs don't care what other people think of them - they're too busy with their own lives - they don't answer polls - they don't buy ugly, expensive, "high fashion"

Besides that, as ugly as they are, crocs are very comfortable = especially if you spend a lot of time outside in the summer and your feet get wet and dirty.

I want to live in a country where everyone wears crocs!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'd agree but we are talking about Crocs.

They are just shoes, aren't they?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Mario Batali and Anne Burrell... eh maybe I can see that with Burrell.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Cuervo

People who wear crocs don't care what other people think of them - they're too busy with their own lives - they don't answer polls - they don't buy ugly, expensive, "high fashion"

Besides that, as ugly as they are, crocs are very comfortable = especially if you spend a lot of time outside in the summer and your feet get wet and dirty.

I want to live in a country where everyone wears crocs!!

They obviously do care about what people think of them because they are 35 bucks for a rubber tire cut into the shape of a shoe.

Besides, it was all satire. I honestly have never even talked to somebody who wears Crocs.

Nor would I.

Kidding. Kind of.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Crocs aren't cheap. I guess all the people that have given up are doing pretty good.

I guess that depends on what you call cheap?

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369359601&sr=8-2&keywords=crocs+women

$23, brown size 8, is pretty cheap. Cheap and ugly. Looks like they would be alright to wear cleaning floors or working in a kitchen or something. They seem to get good reviews, must be a lot of people who have given up?

edit on 5/23/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

They are just shoes, aren't they?

Don't tell the people who wear them that "they are just shoes". You don't want to wake the "sleeping Croc".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
As a chiropractor, I cringe every time I see someone walking around in them. Completely awful for your feet, ankles, knees, and spine. Nearly as awful as flip flops!

Here's double cringe for ya.
I'm wearing crocs flipflops.
And the fur lined ones in the winter time.
Pretty much the only shoes that don't hurt my feet.
Sometimes, ugly is comfortable.
And I'm old enough that I don't care.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found that by cutting the tops of the toes off to make the crocs look somewhat like sporty sandals gave me the inspiration I needed to attempt to do two, and/or sometimes three things in one day, optimistically hoping that one or more of those things might be possibly, somewhat, almost, or virtually successful

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

As ugly as they are Crocs are soooooo comfortable. Our whole family wears them pretty much all summer long. Don't knock em, till you try them.

I'm glad we are spending our research dollars in such good ways.Columbia should be proud of that. Perhaps we could research the people who do research of such trivial things and figure our their psyche's. Now that would be an interesting read........

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Looks like they would be alright to wear cleaning floors or working in a kitchen or something.

I wouldn't try that unless you want to break your back when you fall. Crocs with water on a even semi smooth surface is a very dangerous thing. Other than that pretty major flaw, Crocs are very comfortable. Most people I know that have Crocs are pretty fanatical types about them.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Suppose is like jokes about Apple product worshiping hipsters and things.

Truth is unfortunately that most people are quite apathetic to the world around them unless it is somehow personal to them. 8000 people die in Africa, not a single care. A makeup artist goes missing in Sydney Australia and we drop what we're doing and take to the streets.

Us and them as always. (And I don't own crocs! ahaha)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join