It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSCOPE Texas School Curriculum Teaching Kids Christianity is Cult & Muslim Terrorists Freedom Fighte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I came across this very controversial Texas school curriculum called CSCOPE. Did not find threads about it in the search engine, so I guess it has not been here before (interesting, as it is very controversial)

Texas public schools have come under fire again. This time, a teacher allegedly encouraged high school girls to dress up in full-length Islamic burqas and then instructed the entire class that Muslim terrorists are actually freedom fighters.

The CSCOPE curriculum seems to be inherently agenda-driven — particularly in history and social studies courses. The curriculum provider has foisted some hilariously biased coursework on public school students in The Lone Star State.

For example, CSCOPE has given students material suggesting that Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities.

There’s an infamous chart that innocuously describes communism as “the idea of living together in a ‘commune’ where all people work together for everyone.”

Another notorious CSCOPE lesson (now ostensibly removed from circulation) depicts the Boston Tea Party, the famous protest against taxation without representation, as an act of terrorism.
As WND notes, CSCOPE also defines Republicans as lovers of “big business over labor unions.” Warm and cuddly Democrats, meanwhile, “will spend more tax dollars on education to benefits [sic] each individual.” (The grammar error is CSCOPE’s, not WND’s.)

CSCOPE labels fascism and Nazism as “conservative,” despite the fact that both ideologies prescribe that the state should control everything and own all resources.

news.yahoo.com...

Ten Shocking things that CSCOPE teaches

1) Islam is awesome
2) Christianity is a cult
3) Communism is awesome
4) Hey kids, Lets make communist flags.
5)The Boston Tea Party was a Terrorist Attack
6)Terrorism: what do you think?
7) Christopher Columbus was an Eco-Warrior
8) CSCOPE writers pointlessly disparage Paul Revere
9) Help Ban Ki-moon and his U.N. cronies prevent a Malthusian population catastrophe
10)Murder and extortion were just “protest strategies” used by the Black Panthers

Read more: dailycaller.com...

More sources: endoftheamericandream.com...

Of course most of these are just cherry-picked from interpretable areas
For me, it was a funny reading to be honest

Making children understand different symbols of different religions and political views is not a big deal. The symbols of communism etc. Same is about religions and environmental issues. As far as I´ve heard Texas is quite religious and conservative state, so I am not surprised by the controversy, probaby that is the reason behind the cherry-picking

As far as I found this has had quite positive results overally and kids like the curriculum.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know about that.

Christianity is a cult imo terrorists are terrorists, and the Boston tea party was a terrorist act if you think about it, but it needed to be done.

I don't want my kids learning this crap, I'll be asking some questions come fall!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't see any problem with this. In fact, I think it encourages them to do critical thinking.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abstruse
I don't see any problem with this. In fact, I think it encourages them to do critical thinking.

I was going to say it sounds exactly like what some on ATS would agree with, and before I can pull the keyboard over, viola! There you are.

Yep, dress your girls in full garb - and tell them that the countries they live in, grow up in, call home, the people who they call fellow citizens, why they are the real cults and terrorists.

One day there will be no more dissent in the middle east, and I'm going to move there. Leave the 'western' countries to all these left wing social pariahs that hate everything about us so much.

It does seem awfully convoluted doing it that way, they should go there as they love the ideology already, but I guess it's only kewl to bag the countries you live in, if you can do it from a 2 story home while sipping a hot coffee and twiddling on your ipad.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
AT least they are partly right..."Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities..."

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yep some of that is true. All religion is a cult and Christianity borrowed heavily from other religions heck jesus was a jew not a Christian himself.

If a foreign army is occupying your country any action you take against that army makes you a freedom fighter not a terrorist.

The black panther thing I dunno about wish I could meet one so I could put my foot up his/her racist rear.

All in all words used to discribe things or people are just words ignorance of the definition is what makes them dangerous.

Different veiws must be tought otherwise you are indoctrinating children into your way of thinking instead of letting them pick their own truth. Which is kinda what you are complaing about isnt it.them being told somthing or shown somthing you dont believe or isnt your truth? Well your beliefs or truths vary from mine so I could complain if they didnt show that side.

new topics

top topics

join