It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Women generally have a smaller frame, and if she tried defending herself with a knife she still has a risk of seriously being hurt.

Pepper spray is a great idea but in the post above where the woman defended her home, she had multiple attackers coming from front door and back door. One is also armed with a gun and shot back as they fled.

In that situation pepper spray and calling 911 just would not cut it. This is how I see it and I do not find this as being sick or gun loving at all.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by satna

This thread is not about redneck gun-loving anything. It's about personal responsibility. It's about how she was attacked, raped, and beaten by the same man several weeks prior, and still did nothing to prevent it happening again.

'If he breaks in, I'm done'. Not the words of a woman who takes responsibility for herself and her own safety. Not the words of anyone, having already gone through this, wishing it to never happen again. Prepared for it to never happen again.

Those are the words of someone who wishes for someone else to come save her. Someone who's given up the fight, before it's even begun. Someone who needs a nanny state. Someone who Mayor Bloomberg would love.

It's been documented and spoken of by law enforcement around the country that they are not there to protect individuals. People have to take the power of their own protection into their own hands.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by satna
You gun owners are so sick with your logic. I bet one of you even blamed Obama, because on ATS that seems to be the norm.
This lady got raped because of budget cuts. The next time it's going be a heart attack and no ambulance. Of course if the person had a gun he could shoot himself, thus avoiding getting a heart attack.

I use to love reading topics on ATS. Now it's turned into a redneck, Gun loving, Obama hating website. There are more hate topics about Obama then I ever read about Bush jr.

A lady gets raped and all you can say is, she should have owned a gun. Shame on you!

How the hell did GW Bush get dragged into this? Even more, why are you comparing the two? Wet and runny, or firm and chunky....a turd is a turd. So get over it already.

Why is owning a gun "redneck"?

This lady got raped because of a sick person deciding to try to rape her, and the defense she chose to prepare for herself failed. I am betting a shotgun wouldn't have.

As it regards ambulance service.....that isn't the topic.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

You should move to Texas. You can defend yourself here.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The article doesn't say how this guy got into her house, did he break down the door, break a window? Was there no other exits she could have used to escape in the 10mins it took him to break in? Instead of staying on the phone with 911 operator for 10min, why didn't she call a neighbor or friend that was close by, heck, I can think of several ways she could have prepared to defend herself even without a gun if she couldn't escape through another exit.

Regardless of the budget cuts, people need to understand that personal and home security is most likely not going to be preemptively stopped by the police once the attack or invasion is in progress, thus the need for some kind of defense, be it a gun, baseball bat, pepper spray, alarm.....etc., etc......

It's still sad she was assaulted and raped and felt defenseless to fight back in any kind of effective way or escape...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Had she owned and possessed a Shotgun, she never would have been raped. The pacifists can argue until they are blue in the face, but that is the fact of the matter.

Just to make you weak knee'd anti-personal defense slugs out there a little happy though, had she had a shotgun she also probably would have only had to cock it because anyone with a brain who hears a shotgun being cocked usually runs in the opposite direction.

That is why shotguns are known for being the best home defense weapon. Even when not loaded, they can still save someones life. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

you ever watch DRAGNET MY FRIEND lapd used to have it on side of patrol cars to protect and serve that is what they are meant to do not go harass every idiot blazing a doobie or setting up speed traps so county or city can make money off fines. if i had took call i would have said call me back on my cell and give me directions too your house i have bat in car

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join