It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
So they have the budget to hire people to take calls. Yet not enough to finish the other half of the job...

I wonder when cities will bar firefighters from connecting their hoses until the home owner of a building on fire hands over their credit card information.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

all this cost money...if you do not think so, volunteer your services as a fire fighter. it's called taxes, they are paid for a reason....if you don't pay taxes for fire protection, you are on your own. what happened to all this "freedom from government" talk?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Even without a firearm, she could have defended herself. In all probability, a knife could be ruled out due to her ex boyfriend might have taken it from her.

My question is: did she do laundry or clean her apartment? She would have had to have bleach or household ammonia. Put it in a glass and when the xbf breaks in, give him a face full. Rinse and repeat.

Personally, I'd rather be shot than have that in my face.

Or she could do the James Bond thing - a lighter and a can of hairspray. Light him up!
edit on 24-5-2013 by NightFlight because: more

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe if the police werent too busy dealing with all the gun crimes they could have helped her...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Well, I challenge your very ill conceived hyperbole, as it is been proven time and again to be wrong thinking.

So....you opened your mouth....post gun crime stats for her area.

Then reread the OP about how police services are a subscription service in the area. Yeah....they are really worried about gun crime.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Maybe if the police werent too busy dealing with all the gun crimes they could have helped her...
Terrible attempt at trolling, i'll give you a 1/10 for making me reply

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, I challenge your very ill conceived hyperbole, as it is been proven time and again to be wrong thinking.

Then reread the OP about how police services are a subscription service in the area. Yeah....they are really worried about gun crime.

www.opb.org...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.opb.org...

So. According to your source, 59 homicides in ALL of Oregon in 2010. The police sound REAL busy.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Yes, once again it comes to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. We now have a generation of victims who do not know how to fight for themselves.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yeah but thats just deaths not including gun related crimes.

59 deaths?

In the UK there were 58 deaths in 2010 across the whole country.

1 more death in a single US state than a whole country! does that not set alarm bells ringing for you?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Let me quote the article you linked, just the title:

Statistics Spotty On Oregon Gun Crime

So, in essence, you found a source that says "I dunno".

Funny....i never took you for a troll.

Now, comparing Oregon to England is just stupid. But if we are to do that, your number is so far off that I am ashamed to even talk to you any further. See the below article for the murder rate in England during 2009. I suspect that 2010 would be at least in a similar range:

www.guardian.co.uk...

The most popular murder weapon remains the knife or other sharp instrument, such as a broken bottle, with 255 of the 651 deaths analysed the result of a fatal stabbing. This compares with 271 knife murders the year before.

I mean, with a gun the murder is far less personal. With a knife you have to actually look the guy in the eye, get up close and personal. So save me your self righteous nonsense. It has the look of being borne of a mendicant.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

59 deaths?

1 more death in a single US state than a whole country! does that not set alarm bells ringing for you?

What sets alarm bells ringing for me is that you are just making up numbers.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
too bad this woman was not armed like this pregnant turkish woman was and while i think she may have got a bit far.....she definitely got the point across.
gawker.com...

A 26-year-old pregnant woman in Turkey shot and decapitated her rapist, then flung his . into the village square. When police arrested the woman, she said, "That is the . of one who toyed with my honor." Without expressly condoning violence in response to violence, I think we can all agree that's an objectively badass thing to say. For months, the woman had been abused by her rapist, who was threatening to send nude photos to her parents. Now five months pregnant, she's demanding an abortion. In Turkey, abortions are illegal after 10 weeks, but the woman has said she's willing to die as long as she can get an abortion first. The woman shot the man 10 times, several times in the genitals, before stabbing him and cutting off his .. She was forced into action by her rapist saying he would tell everyone about the rape, which she was worried would ruin her honor and her children's honor.
i wonder if the Turkish cops were under budgetary constraints as well?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

from your source

enforcement, but medical examiners. In 2010 for example, the Oregon Health Authority vital statistics report shows 458 Oregonians died by firearm. The vast majority were suicides, 59 were homicides and 14 were due to the actions of law enforcement agents on the job.
so only 59 incidents of people using guns to harm others (most were suicides) with 14 shoots done by law enforcement so you are telling me those 59 crimes(from 2010 in the article you cited) kept the entire state full of cops busy for a whole year?
edit on 24-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

59 deaths?

I live in Stockton, California (a city of approx. 300,000 residents)....and we have more murders in 2012, than the entire country of England
fox40.com...

and people wonder why citizens want to be armed in America....duh!!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In some places soon there won't be any 911 operators to even answer the calls. Stone Towns and municipalities cut the damndest things. Shameful.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Cops are no longer there for our protection, they are just another revenue producing arm of the local government. Traffic ticket quotas have got to be the top priority.

Friendly tip: Carry a gun...cops are too heavy.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Stockton...in a state with some of the most insane gun laws in the country.

I live in a town of 30,000 people. We find dead bodies from time to time. Rarely, however, does a local get murdered. We sometimes go 3 years without a murder. Being in a warm part of the country, there are several homeless folks that live in a tent city out in the pasture. You sometimes find one of them dead. Typically from stumbling drunk and falling into trouble (like the guy who fell off a small bridge while drunk a few weeks back. He was trying to jump down, slipped, and broke his neck).

counting the statistics just now...10 murders here since 2000.

I leave my house unlocked at night while i sleep. And I sleep soundly every night.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I can't believe people are blaming the victim here...

Really?

Did you catch this?

Her call was forwarded to Oregon State Police because of lay-offs at the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office only allows the department to be open Monday through Friday.

So, crime is cool on the weekend there?
This is all on the county government. (and partially on the voters as a whole, for allowing this condition to exist). A lawsuit though, will fail miserably.

The only fault of the victim is in being in such an area, she should have realized that her safety is now her responsibility. Still, I'll wager she pays some form of county taxes, and they should go to keeping her safe. I hope she uses this opportunity to put national attention on her county and this issue.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I leave my house unlocked at night while i sleep. And I sleep soundly every night.

Those days are long gone. I even live in the country, pretty much, but now, in rural areas, you have to worry about meth-.s breaking in. Country or not, thieves here have to contend with fences, locks, dogs, and our firearms.
Good luck!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Stockton...in a state with some of the most insane gun laws in the country.

I live in a town of 30,000 people. We find dead bodies from time to time. Rarely, however, does a local get murdered. We sometimes go 3 years without a murder. Being in a warm part of the country, there are several homeless folks that live in a tent city out in the pasture. You sometimes find one of them dead. Typically from stumbling drunk and falling into trouble (like the guy who fell off a small bridge while drunk a few weeks back. He was trying to jump down, slipped, and broke his neck).

counting the statistics just now...10 murders here since 2000.

since Stockton has 2 main freeways (99 and 5) going through it, and we are close to the San Fran bay area, plus we have a lot of Mexican and Asian gangs that have set up shop here, we are deluged with crime. our police force has almost been cut in half. citizens here do not wear gold jewelry outside, because of the amount of robberies and muggings in broad daylight. I have cleared out my garage so I can put both of our cars inside, and I have an alarm system, as a lot of people do here. carjackings happen almost on a daily basis, home invasions are frequent, and when out and about, people like me, stay away from groups of 2 or more young men loitering around a 7-11 or parking lot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join