It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road To Totalitarianism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
For he who has eye's to see....

Just a quick one - To remind you all of the bigger picture..

RT's London Woolwich attack and the Boston Bombings -

The Boston connection

OSCE Secretary General Lamberto Zannier likened the attack in London to the Boston Marathon bombings that killed three people in April. He told RT that the attacks in London and Boston are a “new trend and a new threat that the international community is facing, and in fact in the OSCE we are now re-discussing security.” “This calls for new kind of cooperation, new kind of strategy for the international community,” he added...

The Tsarnaev brothers, the suspected perpetrators of the Boston bombings, have not yet been linked to any larger terrorist organization and are believed to have acted independently. Both brothers had lived in the US for a number of years before carrying out the attack, which has come to be known as an act of home-grown terrorism.

While both attacks represent instances of isolated acts of domestic terror, the specific method used to carry out the south London attack has caused it to resonate on a level not generated by the Boston bombings, William Jacobson, a clinical professor of law at Cornell Law School, told RT. “Obviously Boston caused a lot of injuries that were every bit as gruesome, but Boston was a more ‘traditional sort of attack’ with bombs, etc. The Boston bombers certainly had enough hatred in them [to carry out the attack]. They resorted to the more traditional, standoffish sort of terror," Jacobson said.

I think of [the journalist] Daniel Pearl being beheaded on video, I think of some of the other scenes we’ve seen in Syria. This really takes it to an entirely different level.”

rt.com...

Now, I know there's almost nothing to go on, to indicate the London incident was a set up...But I AM saying....They are awfully convienient attacks in order to tighten security..Somethings that's been happening in the shadows for a long time - even here in the UK, privatization of the police, G4S security network (formally Wakenhut), the new intrusive powers of the councils & police, CCTV and domestic drones etc etc...

The UK & US are closely intertwined...You had 9/11, we had 7/7.....you have domestic terrorists...we have domestic terrorists....See the picture?

Keep your eye's on your rights! see where this hunch leads aye...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Literally a couple days after the 2 leaders also had their meeting, just saying.

Convenient, but also a line needs to be drawn.

Do we trust our government enough not to do these kinds of things or do we distrust our government enough to believe they could...

For 10 years I feel like i've been right in the centre still wondering the same thing...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
For he who has eye's to see....

Just a quick one - To remind you all of the bigger picture..

RT's London Woolwich attack and the Boston Bombings -

RT is a Russian propaganda channel run by the Kremlin on behalf of ex-KGB agent Vladimir Putin. Why are you endorsing a story from a big government propaganda channel?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Well my first rule is ignore the source and take the story for what it is.

Secondly, at least Russia is questioning the Western governments motives.... I dont see the BBC or Fox News owning up any time soon do you?

Thirdly, I'm fond of Putin, and some aspects of Russia in general.

Fourthly - Stop asking me stoopid questions.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think there's any conspiracy here, but that is not to say politicians wont let a good crisis go to waste. Yesterday on BBC news Nick Robinson said paraphrasing. "We have to ask ourselves now, what freedoms we are prepared to sacrifice to make sure this does not happen again".

The answer is, you don't sacrifice any of your freedoms over this case. That's the downside of living in a free society.
They also keep talking about this electronic snooping bill that was recently shot down in parliament, but now whether it could have stopped this murder. Again the answer is NO.

The response to terrorism should never be sacrificing your freedoms. Isn't that what the terrorists want? To instill Terror.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wise words once again Woodward!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I do see the similarities you speak of. One thing that stands out to me, as an American, is that UK is already the biggest police state in the west. You have CCTV cameras on virtually every corner, yet they did nothing to prevent this attack.

The glaring question is...what's next?? Is UK going to militarize its police like US has done? Is US going to continue to increase its digital surveillance and strip Americans of their guns as UK has done? Where does this end? What lengths with these totalitarian usurpers go to under the guise of "protecting us from ourselves"?

S&F
edit on 24-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

join