It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other political party does this, therefore I can do whatever I want to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Okay. This isn't really that much of a rant. But. This excuse is the one of the lamest one I've ever heard. Having been a proponent of both liberals and conservatives at one point or another, and both atheists and religious people at one point or another, this is a pointless argument, especially to me.0000

If someone is a conservative, for example, and they don't like their taxes going to pay for the poor's food, and they somehow justify that as being one with God, and I confront them about it, and then they say something about what the other party is doing as a way to derail the argument -

I'm not living with liberals at the moment, so it is harder to criticize them, but let's see... I think I'll go with the issue of stereotyping. Liberals tend to stereotype whites, rich, Christians, Muslims, etc. while not looking at the individuals. But what makes this especially nerve-racking is their ridiculous enforcement of not stereotyping and acceptance.

Anyway, who's party do you belong to? Yours. Who's party are you able to influence? Yours. Who's responsibility is it to make sure your party is making humanity better? Yours.

Is it going to make a difference if you criticize the other party? No, especially not if they are acting like you are, and not taking responsibility for their own party just like you are, they probably won't listen and use it as fuel to justify their own shortcomings.

Basically, I say take each issue on independently of which party supports it and independently of other issues.

In most cases, I think the shortcomings of either party could be overcome by actually paying attention to their own values. For example, with religious conservatives, caring about the poor, and with liberals, being tolerant.

edit on 23-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

P.S. This is a rant so don't expect it to be thought out well or anything or take it for more than it's worth.

new topics

join