It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning of life solved? You decide!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
philosophical meanderings, and poor, at best, attempts, to understand where and what we are.

As for a loving God, and the encompassment of evil in the equation of life: I believe it is a trial, to see what it will take to break us, if you will..... What will we suffer as individuals for honor and belief, even as evil toys with us in ways we cannot even openly disclose, for fear of what that may cause.....this is a hedge and a wedge...but there are those who will see that struggle, and I do not ever doubt that.
Take care and be well.
Tetra50

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There is one more thing, if you will pardon me, for I do not want to clog up your thread with what you were not getting at with your OP either, but I think we have discussed and alluded, plenty in this exchange to duality: after all, that is what is represented by good vs. evil, or chaos vs. order....it comes down to this concept of duality, if you will, that everyone seems to accept so willingly.

Let me pose something to you for your thinking: language or number, they are representative attributes for expressing communication in order to share our thinking. But whether using letter or numbers, reading the Bible, the Q'uran, the Talmud, etc......there is so very much more than two things: good vs. evil, the number 1 and 2, etc...

I think you get what I am trying to say. X does not equal a life lived algebraically, in other words we cannot express a life and all its encompassing experiences with one letter or number....and I mean this simply as a demonstration that there is more to it than duality, black and white, or even grey.....

White light, we know, has all the colors of the spectrum in it. And so, we have far to go even in our ways of identifying and quantifying.....
There is no number, nor letter that represents a life lived's total experiences, and what that would have taught a soul, and therefore, to predict where that soul, or life's energy would go from there, backwards or forwards on that curve I mentioned, earlier, or even do we know that life follows that curve at all, for we certainly know it does not follow a straight line, don't we......

We are still being sold a certain way of looking at our existence and then living it out by the means we have presently for expressing and communicating it....but these methods, I pose to you, all sell it short. Muons, leptons, molecular physics and etc....whether it's a vortex, a black hole, or a quantumly computer energized and processed thing we live within in......this is all still true.

There is so much more than duality, in our existence. We, I believe are sold this concept to get us to judge, to con us, to get us to not accept ourselves, nor one another.......but just to REACT.

I am not good or bad, neither are you, or most people. It depends on the day, the exisigent circumstances, and the view or perspective, doesn't it? Yet, we live in a society that controls and inculcates us greatly just by social perception and the striving for perfection......

I pose this is the least of the essence of the spark of life, or what happens, even, in the flow of the neural network of our brains or of the existence we live within. Acceptance. We all strive for it, need it, even in a capatalistic society, controlled and predicated, to even exist, survive or make a living, for if we are not accepted, but totally "shunned," one could not even get a job, etc.....

And yet, there is so much more to everything and everyone's existence than duality. It suggests there are only two numbers, chaos or order, two equations, two ways to go ethically, etc.....and surely, we KNOW this is not descriptive at all of the human condition, nor whatever you wish to call living here, and now, whatever you call yourself or this place.

The main duality is good vs. evil. My friend, evil justifies itself by good. It says to all of us, I wouldn't be here if you had not wanted a world where there was no pain. I have memories as a small child, as I am sure you and many others do, when if you really considered it, did you need to be burned on the hand or go without milk to know what the lack of pain, hunger or even the joy of your mother holding you and loving you was?

Perhaps this discussion and idea deserves its own thread. For I find it a concept reoccurring and usually, just for the justification of continuing torture of people, by what is evil....that we would no good, or joy, when we didn't need any of that pain to no the lack, thereof, much less happiness or joy or love......
Tetra50

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join