It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says - Increase in domestic terrorism fueled by Internet and we reach out to Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Link

(shakes head) So, here it is. Blame the Internet and not failed intelligence agencies and reach out to Muslims to make a difference. It is all you fault America for not being nice enough and surfing the internets. He is telling us to stay off the internet and to make friends with Muslims...his words not mine. Why? This is our country. Tell you what though, it is a precedent to take away the internet as he is basically saying if you go on the net, you could be radicalized ( in politician speak of course)

Obama warned Americans that materials on the Internet could influence people to commit terrorist acts. “Today, a person can consume hateful propaganda, commit themselves to a violent agenda and learn how to kill without leaving their home,” he said. To combat domestic terrorism, Obama reminded Americans that it was important to reach out to Muslim communities. “The best way to prevent violent extremism is to work with the Muslim American community -- which has consistently rejected terrorism -- to identify signs of radicalization and partner with law enforcement when an individual is drifting towards violence,” he said. “And these partnerships can only work when we recognize that Muslims are a fundamental part of the American family.”

This, to me, is not good. The day after a man, in England, is killed by a home-grown terrorist who claimed it in the name of the Koran, the president of the US is telling us the only way to make it better is to continue to reach out? We have. More than accepting are we in this country and look where it got England. They are now a generation in and have created cold blooded murders.

The Muslim American community could have warned us about Boston,,,and did not. Hasan...and did not...the list goes on and on and remember, they were all on the radar like the guys in England. What is our next step America?
edit on 23-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Awwwwwwwwww....
American's aren't nice..... We make fun of everyone... Because we are the butt of many jokes.... Time to man up Muslims.... Don't get your Durka Durka in a knot~ Mohammad is funny and so is Jesus and so is Buddha they all had a sense of humor... Just not muslims

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHA for once in my life I agree with Obama!

Activist = Domestic Terrorist, and the Internet IS fueling activism.

And now we are COMMUNICATING, we are sympathizing with the Millions of Muslims our governments kill on a daily basis.

I'm proud of it.

Obviously it's a pain in the ass for his Administration aha.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Bad Americans. Eat more and get fat and lazy so it will be easier to herd and control you. Now we will take away your internet and I am thinking just a few armed Muslims could take a small town after they lose their guns. Make nice and let them marry your daughters like Katherine Russell. Scary folks...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

While the Muslims I have been acquainted with over the years have all seemed to be very nice people I cannot say I will be going out of my way to "reach out" to the Muslim community. Even though they have all been very polite I have fundamental problems with how they treat women (from my personal observations, not from reading the internet) and prefer not to be bosom buddies.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I equate radical Islam to radical Christians organizations like the Westboro Baptists/Anti-everything groups. However, in America, if someone stands up in a Church and screams 'Death to Infidels' or " I am going to go kill someone' it is usually reported. Islam never does this but we hear about it after an attack as well as people supporting the attacks. It is not right in my eyes and I hold them responsible for allowing many of the killers in this nation to move forward in the name of the Koran.

It is not that I have a dislike of any religion, but in an age where you cannot have a cross in schools or bible in City Halls the president of the United States should not be telling anyone to reach out to Islam.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Obama warned Americans that materials on the Internet could influence people to commit terrorist acts
reply to post by esdad71

Maybe he is sending a coded message in his speach like they did during WWII, and maybe that is why his wife is taking the extended vaction.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

Thanks for validating that one. Memorial Day...Orlando...connected arrests..connect the dots...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

What would make any rational person buy into this garbage? Are we to believe that Terrorists are created from internet lurkers? How in the hell have they been pulling it off for the past 70 years then? Could it have anything to do with continuous US intervention in the ME?????

This sounds like a mixture of the “Obama World Apology Tour” where America is to blame for the world’s ills and the “snitch line” set up so you can rat out your neighbors for crimes, suspected terrorism or simply for political dissent - against him.

S&F

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The internet could make me a terrorist?

I blame ATS y'all keep putting things into my little influential head...

Reaching out to muslims not gonna work for me I hate people. I have my little group of people, and that's it. Oh, and ATS I like most of you for some reason, even if your making me a terrorist.

DHS has a whole file on me because I haul hazardous material, so I'd be caught in no time expect me to rat all of you out.

I'm not going down alone...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
When is this guy going to hold himself up to the standards that he suppusedly holds his nation up to?

Why is he always trying to pass the buck?

Why is he always trying to tell people how to feel and who to feel it towards?

Why is it always someone elses fault and not his own?

Why do people listen to someone who calls them domestic terrorists?

Why is he still our president after all the corruption and lies?

I better stop asking questions, because he doesnt like transparency when it comes to him personally.

-out
edit on 23-5-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
feeling terroristy today? go find some muslims.

wut

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The only reason Muslim extremist are not parading our streets, causing riots, violence and pushing their agendas here in the US like they do anywhere else in the world is because we Americans will not take that crap and because we are an armed nation, but rest assure the Obama administration and the traitors arse Muslim kissing politicians are making sure that we lose that right too.

If you want to know how good is the extended friendship to Islamic groups just look at the UK.
I always been very sure that Obama is a Muslim dress in Christian robes, he was raised a Muslim and once a Muslim always a Muslim.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The only reason Muslim extremist are not parading our streets, causing riots, violence and pushing their agendas here in the US like they do anywhere else in the world is because we Americans will not take that crap and because we are an armed nation, but rest assure the Obama administration and the traitors arse Muslim kissing politicians are making sure that we lose that right too.

If you want to know how good is the extended friendship to Islamic groups just look at the UK.

That crap doesn’t fly in US. Those boys know actions like that are death sentences here. If they don’t care, I don’t care!

I always been very sure that Obama is a Muslim dress in Christian robes, he was raised a Muslim and once a Muslim always a Muslim.

His actions speak louder than his words….

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We as a collective will do nothing. I am waiting for the first mosque attack or someone to defend themselves from an attack and the FEDS charge them with terrorism.

Like this..link

This is America folks...The heartland not NYC. People have been asleep for 6 years now.

watch this...link

watch this....

Link

link

And this site...

Link

It is time for us to fight back and kick this radical #birds out of our countries....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
watch our president, what he says and what happens two month later when Americans cannot use a megaphone but they can be stoned...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Common political tactic. Find a problem, the more nebulous the better. Blame it on something you are trying to create laws against. See if it can pick up steam.

If what he is saying is that information causes people to get violent....that is pretty silly.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We all knew it would come to this. The internet. TPTB will never stop until the web is under complete control. It's inevitable. And it's likely not far off.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

[sacarsm]
I'll say ya'll go right ahead and screw your neighbours who ain't americans even if they stay longer in the country than you..

Tell them moslems, blacks, city folks, yanks, jews, etc to git the hell outta the United States of America. This here is america, for white folks of blue eyes and blond hair. For them girls, black hair and black eyes ( and if some black gal is as per'tty as Rihana) they'll be welcomde, and they do be better stay in the kitchen where they belong.

America is a peaceful nation, a role model for ya'll stupid folks around the world. We ain't goin invading other nations or the what likes. We interfere none. We all love yer money for trade n stuff, but don't you be hanging'round too long. Yer gotta scoot when the sun's down, cos we sure don't like dealing with strangers.

The reason's cos we don't really know what happened to Billy the other night, got stabbed cold in the neck. And Micky too, a hell of a bomb blasted him and his house to bits, and of course, he ain't the best neighbour, enjoyed a bit of fun of pulling and pushing other strangers now and then, but still he is one upright man, at least on Sundays. And our com'nity is gettin smaller and smaller.

Gotta go now. The internet's waiting for me. Them sites are calling out to me, to lead them to blue eyes blond hair Nirvana. This world aint no place for anyone's that aint blue eyes and blond, and those who are not, needs some telling to to shut their trap once and fer all.

[/sacarsm]

No one is calling anyone to adopt another's culture or beliefs. The building blocks of civilisation begins at the family level, then to the community and then the nation.

A simple hi, or hello followed by a sincere smile to a neighbour is all that is needed, to build those civilisation blocks of trust and bond. It is the community that outlast everything else, because change is the only constant in life - people come and go, even loved ones, and new ones come along into our lives.

No human is an island, for if we are to survive, we need each other's strengths to get through both good and bad times, and that can only happen when trust is build up. If we screw our neighbours, our neighbours will screw us. Remember always the golden rule.

Life has it ups and downs always. Conflict resolution begins with honest and sincere dialogues - a cigarette to calm the other side down, an invitation to a cafe to understand each other, etc, simple stuff that costs almost nothing but heaps in terms of value for your neighbour to watch your back as you watches his.

Extrapoliate into the nation, a caring society will be born. Nothing is impossible or too lofty to humans, more so americans. We human kind laugh and bleed the same, and shares only common aspirations in life. The only limits are those we self imposed upon our own limited mind with misanthropic self centred beliefs.

edit on 27-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Hi,
Could this "be-friend your local Muslim" actually be used as a way to affiliate yourself with known terrorists?

Isn't there a terror watch list on the internet I can click-on so as to avoid any type of affiliation?

edit on (5/27/1313 by loveguy because: enquiring minds want to know

top topics

<<   2 >>

join