It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK eejits - RE - Lee Rigby.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I feel like banging my head up a wall.

I cannot bear to talk to one more damn eejit in regards to the Murder of Lee Rigby. (RIP btw)

AS PER USUAL the media and social attention has been largely based around RACISM - Or the equivalent in regards to West Vs Muslims.

The KILLER CLEARLY STATED for ALL TO HEAR: "I'm SORRY your women and children had to witness this- But your soldiers come to our Muslim countries and murder our women and children, why? Not for YOU, not to PROTECT YOU, YOUR GOVERNMENT DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOU THINK WHEN IT ALL KICKS OFF YOU THINK DAVID CAMERON WILL BE HURT? WILL YOUR MP'S BE HURT? NO! YOU THE PEOPLE WILL BE HURT, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU - LIKE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US"

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Disclaimer: I do not condone nor sympathize with these killers...The attack was brutal, disgusting, immoral, ruthless....and I would LOVE to say heartless. But clearly the killers done this with some heart...Distorted yes...

My concern is, the above (paraphrased) quote....I can't say that I disagree with what he said. I completely agree...And that's what sickens me

Here's what I got for even daring to raise the issue: (I'm sure who can tell which one I am lol)

NOBODY (apart from us "conspiracy nuts") can even OFFER an answer as to WHY !!!

edit on 23-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Simple...

They are being hired to protect corporate interests overseas - what good is money if you can't spend it to get the protection of the best fighting forces in the world.

That is the WHY to why the US & UK are "over there"...

It surely isn't to protect us from an attack on our own soil because if it did that then this wouldn't have happened - right?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

So the guy butchers someone in the street, boasts about it, then tries to justify it with "this stuff happens in muslim countries". And you say that you agree with his resons for doing so. I wonder if you would still feel the same if you were on the receiving end. What a load of bollocks

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

You have a point.

There's a lot of jingoistic flag-waving and patriotic rot when it comes to UK armed forces serving in Afghanistan - but very little soul-searching.

When pressed to defend their views supporters will talk about "honour" and "heroes" and "making our country safe", but there's very little substance.

The murder of Lee Rigby is undoubtedly a very emotive subject, but if we don't start asking the hard questions, then his death will just join the long, ever growing list of pointless deaths.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

You are rather naive if you thought that our actions in the Middle East wouldn't have profound and disastrous consequences.

I don't think anybody here is agreeing with the murder of Lee Rigby. It's wrong. Utterly wrong.

Basically, I also might disagree strongly with the UK being in Afghanistan, but I do not have the slightest inclination to use violence against anybody to make my point. Therein lies the difference. We may listen to what the perpetrators say and to a certain degree understand what they say - but to resort to wanton murder and bloody violence, serves no good purpose.

top topics

join