It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Duplicating God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I disagree. The number line is infinite isn't it? Yet it contains finite numbers that make up its entirety, so yes there can be an infinite number of finite things. Math proves it.
edit on 23-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There is no "all said and done", that implies an end, which there is none of on a universal level in my opinion. We are already equal, though some try to convince us otherwise and have for the most part.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by jhill76

There is no "all said and done", that implies an end, which there is none of on a universal level in my opinion. We are already equal, though some try to convince us otherwise and have for the most part.

No end, I am speaking of when all have learned and returned back above. All will still continue.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

No end, I am speaking of when all have learned and returned back above. All will still continue.

The very definition of infinity, and the rooms above...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Your mind is above matter, that is the "above" in my opinion. Being alive is being above, so we are already there. I think as soon as we die, we are "transported" to another womb somewhere in this universe. The end of this life is the beginning of another.

A saying from the Gospel of Thomas comes to mind here.

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

Meaning the beginning of this life was the end of the last, and the end of this life will be the beginning of the next. If you realize this, you won't taste death, because death is an illusion. That's my take on it at least.

But this is off topic anyways. Sorry wind, I'll shut up.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

You will rest, the rise again. It's a new day tomorrow.

I'm sorry, Dumbledore?

If I'd been 40 years younger, I might have read the book from which this character came...as it is...you trying to 'teach' me anything, and in the same breath, using Dumbledore is making me think I've stumbled into teenage land...did that 40 years ago...come a long way since then, through the militant 'Christ is the only way phase'...
Goodnight, keep fighting the good fight.

Å99

You are making this too easy. You should at least watch the movie. It answers the question again and again. The Word is woven into us all. This is why a clip from a recent movie can show you the answer.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your mind is above matter, that is the "above" in my opinion. Being alive is being above, so we are already there. I think as soon as we die, we are "transported" to another womb somewhere in this universe. The end of this life is the beginning of another.

All in the same my friend, all in the same.

Once you are done experiencing this cycle, you will start up again in another one, it is an never ending process.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

I disagree. The number line is infinite isn't it? Yet it contains finite numbers that make up its entirety, so yes there can be an infinite number of finite things. Math proves it.

You are missing dimensions in this view. Think dimensionally and the universe is infinite and unbounded. There is a difference. Each dimension that we know about has restrictions. To remove the restrictions, you must move to the next dimension. This is how we can view our finite existence, but know that God is Eternal and infinite. Specifically, we are unbounded by implication and not without end.

Truth works the same way. Axioms of lower truths are in parts. Higher truths unify the lower axioms. Example:

A train engineer and friend argue about the train whistle changing pitch. The engineer travels with the whistle and hears it steady. The friend hears the train passing by and hears it change pitch. Who is right? Both. The Doppler Effect unifies the lower axioms. How many arguments are there for and against? Not infinite. When the higher truth arrives, the lower multiplicity fades to the upper. Keep going and you reach God--Eternal and unchanging.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

I believe God does duplicate himself, by us having babies. The only true miracle is that of life, and that miracle is performed many many times everyday by women giving birth. There is no such thing as "lesser" or "greater" in God's kingdom (the universe), we are all equal and all One.

That's my take on it at least. I know lots of people will disagree though.

God hasn't duplicated itself by creating the universe, but does do so through the procreation of human mammals? How about all the other flora and fauna?

If there is no thing that is greater or lesser than god, are all created things equal to god?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If there is no thing that is greater or lesser than god, are all created things equal to god?

Which God are you referring to?

God that sits outside the bubble, or Father, that is the voice of God inside the bubble.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by akushla99

You will rest, the rise again. It's a new day tomorrow.

I'm sorry, Dumbledore?

If I'd been 40 years younger, I might have read the book from which this character came...as it is...you trying to 'teach' me anything, and in the same breath, using Dumbledore is making me think I've stumbled into teenage land...did that 40 years ago...come a long way since then, through the militant 'Christ is the only way phase'...
Goodnight, keep fighting the good fight.

Å99

You are making this too easy. You should at least watch the movie. It answers the question again and again. The Word is woven into us all. This is why a clip from a recent movie can show you the answer.

Check out some Wizard of Oz filmclips...watch the film maybe...perhaps a J.Kerouac road book...Grapes of Wrath might get you off your little rocking horse...

Down&Out in Las Vegas is always a good one...Marx Brothers are interesting...

Harry Potter?! I'm gonna laugh till I stop...Hopefully not choke on my chupa chup...

Å99
edit on 23-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Which God are you referring to?

God that sits outside the bubble, or Father, that is the voice of God inside the bubble.

How many gods are there? Has god duplicated itself so that there are at least two, the one outside the bubble and the one inside?

Is there only one god that sits outside the bubble, or does creation happen there too? Can god duplicate itself outside the bubble, creating another equal creator god and another universe?

Does god have equals? Or is everything a lesser, inferior duplication?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

How many gods are there? Has god duplicated itself so that there are at least two, the one outside the bubble and the one inside? Is there only one god that sits outside the bubble, or does creation happen there too? Can god duplicate itself outside the bubble, creating another equal creator god and another universe? Does god have equals? Or is everything a lesser, inferior duplication?

There is only one God. But, the voice or image of God is Father, which sits inside of creation, or the bubble. This is the one that interacts with all. There are a few others that sit outside of creation, that will remain unnamed, but they are not equal to God in a sense.

God will not duplicate himself, as there is no need to.

Father is just the voice of God, and is the interactor for God to creation, as creation can not go outside of itself to interact with God, they interact with Father.

There will also be no need to create another universe, as there are many places that house people besides Earth.
edit on 23-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

God will not duplicate himself, as there is no need to.

Is god ever motivated by need?

Father is just the voice of God, and is the interactor for God to creation, as creation can not go outside of itself to interact with God, they interact with Father.

Sounds like the "voice" is a machine, like a one way cell phone.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Is god ever motivated by need?

I am allowed to speak on somethings about him, but that is one I can not speak for him on.

Sounds like the "voice" is a machine, like a one way cell phone.

Not at all. There is heavy interaction both ways. Many do not know that he is the voice, they know him to be God.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The one true God could not create Himself, nor create a duplicate of Himself, as that would be a contradiction.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

There is only one God.

Why is there only one god?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by jhill76

There is only one God.

Why is there only one god?

There is one God, but there are others (very small number) that sit outside of creation with him, and assist so to speak. That question can not be answered in one sentence. Because, others understand things differently, and the answer will be different dependent upon whom you ask.

I am having a hard time translating this into human terms. Maybe akushla99 can chime in here.

I will need to see this in perspective to give a proper answer, I will return and give answer.
edit on 23-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Plants reproduce don't they? Maybe not in the same way as animals, but they still reproduce. The universe is a living organism because there is life in it, it duplicates itself through us and plants, but I don't believe there are other universes that spawn from this one. I could be 100% wrong on that though because it's only my opinion.

Nothing is greater or lesser than god because everything is a part of god. Everything is equal, the universe is based on balance, yin/yang, positive/negative, action/reaction, etc. so everything is equal. I have a somewhat pantheistic perspective on god.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I'd say that god is both the creator and the creation. If god is infinite then that can be the only option. Infinity loops around itself, meaning the creator (cause) and creation (effect) are one in the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join