A Duplicating God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Please stay on topic and stop trying to derail my thread and promote your own! (six of them already!)

You have yet to address the subject matter of THIS thread! Which is:

Can god create something that is greater than itself, or is god limited to creating things that are lesser than it.

If that is too hard for you to answer, let me pose a simpler question to you. Did god create the universe? If so, is the universe greater or lesser than god.

edit on 23-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

I thought it was a good question!
I've answered it...do I get a prize?

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by akushla99

"19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

How, do you think, this could possibly come out, pear shaped?...specifically, as a function of possibilities and probabilities on the scale of infinite...

Å99

Try that question again.

Try to understand it...with contexted quote...

Å99
edit on 23-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

All the stars that I can give! Thank you!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Finite issuing from infinite...cannot be infinite? Is this what you are saying? Procedurally, this does not gel...

*Thinks*...Infinite produces finite (infinitely), but Enoch says this does not happen...is there limited...mmm...conceptual space for this production of 'finite' things?...or indeed, limited physical space?

Å99

The highest axiom is the one directly from the mind of God. Truth is Aleph and Tav with MEM in the middle. The End implies a beginning. A beginning implies there must be an end. We are finite. God is eternal. We are a timeline and dispensation of God's Grace. He is the ancient of Days. We are the days themselves.

This would further imply that you knoe the mind of God, or that your axiom issues from the mind of God - directly, no less! I wouldn't even feign that presumption...this appears to be a very christian thing...not, of course limited to this ONE ideology...

Duplication by paperfold...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

All the stars that I can give! Thank you!

Today, I am happy because of this!

I was hoping you'd chime in to reclaim the reins of your thread...it's a good question...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You see, what I'm noticing here is a preponderance to quote the Little Golden Book...exclusively!

I have never said I denied The Paradise Son...don't paperfold!...especially on my non-words...you made this up...

Exclusivity is limitation...

Å99

What is Paradise Son? Christ is the only way to the Father. He is one with the Father and this implies more than what we perceive it to mean.

How do you see other ways to God that do not involve our own authority and dominion being removed first? I think 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 is clear.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Indeed! Using the bible to prove the bible does not 2 bible make! Folding the bible onto itself does not a mirror image make!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Indeed! Using the bible to prove the bible does not 2 bible make! Folding the bible onto itself does not a mirror image make!

Based on 1 Corinthians 15, what is the answer to the thread question?

27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What is Paradise Son? Christ is the only way to the Father. He is one with the Father and this implies more than what we perceive it to mean. How do you see other ways to God that do not involve our own authority and dominion being removed first? I think 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 is clear.

Off topic! This thread wasn't intended and isn't a platform for you to proselytize your brand of salvation, nor does it's topic ask you address the "way to god."

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochasRight

If god put everything under his feet, and he has extremities, such as feet, that indicate an edge or an end, then I would say that your bible says that your god is not infinite.

So, can your finite god create something that is greater than it, or is it limited to creating things that are lesser, and inferior?

I'd say that your god is limited to creating things that are lesser. There is no evidence to the contrary.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You see, what I'm noticing here is a preponderance to quote the Little Golden Book...exclusively!

I have never said I denied The Paradise Son...don't paperfold!...especially on my non-words...you made this up...

Exclusivity is limitation...

Å99

What is Paradise Son? Christ is the only way to the Father. He is one with the Father and this implies more than what we perceive it to mean.

How do you see other ways to God that do not involve our own authority and dominion being removed first? I think 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 is clear.

God...in...heaven, Paradise Son...son of...

Who is the Son of God?

'Being removed' is an interesting phrase given that I have been speaking of exclusionist ideology...

Follow the rules...ALL ideologies tell you what these are...

Not following the rules means you 'stray from a path' (could find something interesting there!) the diversion is a time-based diversion to a destination that doesn't exist in Time...there is no loop...we are the time, the place, and the journey...spaghetti overpasses up ahead - watch out!...origami creates monsters from badly folded pieces of paper...you get duly stuck in that spaghetti bowl by making that twisted path before you, until there's no room to make more...then, you quote slabs from Little Golden Books...presumably because explaining it in your words has created a spaghetti junction (and not really one in which there is room to move)...because of an exclusionist pathway...created by exclusionist ideology...

That is the form that 'duplication' can take...according to the FREE WILL precept...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If god put everything under his feet, and he has extremities, such as feet, that indicate an edge or an end, then I would say that your bible says that your god is not infinite.

So, can your finite god create something that is greater than it, or is it limited to creating things that are lesser, and inferior?

I'd say that your god is limited to creating things that are lesser. There is no evidence to the contrary.

Infinity has no end. The product of expansion is always greater than the previous amount. As I have demonstrated, infinity has no end. Finite things have an end and beginning. The question is answered. It is both yes and no with no paradox. As above, so below. We are the image of God, yet God never ends. The shadow always follows the thing casting it. Run as fast as you want, the shadow keeps up.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Then your answer is no. God can't create anything equal to or greater than itself. It is limited, in its creation, to things that are its inferior.

Thank you.

edit on 23-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Infinity has no end. The product of expansion is always greater than the previous amount. As I have demonstrated, infinity has no end. Finite things have an end and beginning. The question is answered. It is both yes and no with no paradox. As above, so below. We are the image of God, yet God never ends. The shadow always follows the thing casting it. Run as fast as you want, the shadow keeps up.

I like this answer...
...even though it seems a bit 'at odds' to your previous thrusts and parries...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

God...in...heaven, Paradise Son...son of...

Who is the Son of God?

'Being removed' is an interesting phrase given that I have been speaking of exclusionist ideology...

Follow the rules...ALL ideologies tell you what these are...

Not following the rules means you 'stray from a path' (could find something interesting there!) the diversion is a time-based diversion to a destination that doesn't exist in Time...there is no loop...we are the time, the place, and the journey...spaghetti overpasses up ahead - watch out!...origami creates monsters from badly folded pieces of paper...you get duly stuck in that spaghetti bowl by making that twisted path before you, until there's no room to make more...then, you quote slabs from Little Golden Books...presumably because explaining it in your words has created a spaghetti junction (and not really one in which there is room to move)...because of an exclusionist pathway...created by exclusionist ideology...

That is the form that 'duplication' can take...according to the FREE WILL precept...

Å99

You are speaking of the ten thousand things.

Tao Te Ching

The Tao that can be spoken of is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
The name is the mother of the ten thousand things.
Send your desires away and you will see the mystery.
Be filled with desire and you will see only the manifestation.
As these two come forth they differ in name.
Yet at their source they are the same.
This source is called a mystery.
Darkness within darkness, the gateway to all mystery.

The key there is the mystery revealed by Christ.

Send your desires away and you will see the mystery.
Be filled with desire and you will see only the manifestation.

The Chief Cornerstone rejected by the builders was swapped for the manifestation. The Cornerstone they rejected is the Chief Cornerstone. The true mystery of the ten thousand things comes by giving rather than taking, which is the character of the name of Christ. Taking the name in vain is taking it apart from the character it represents.

God creates something greater by the unity of the whole, which is where love leads the multiplicity of ten thousand things. Involution is unity immersed into multiplicity. Salvation is the gateway to all mystery. Rising to new life requires that inconscious returns to unity. The loaf of bread must bake (Genesis 41).

I will leave it with this. Read the rest of the Tao and the 'way' is clear. Truth comes by another path. Life is by Christ only. This answers the question of the thread from my point of view.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I like this answer...

Å99

I am showing you that there is more to the mystery than you see by the way and the truth. The sWORD has a double edge. Don't forget this. Go back to the parries and see that there were no thrusts. Judo requires that we speak for the other person in the manner in which they should be speaking for themselves. I took your momentum and moved you with it.

The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution. DUMBLEDORE

I realize that I come off a bit arrogant, but this is a path I have traveled. I gladly walk it again, but the diversions and doorways have mostly been explored and I refuse to walk down them again. If I see you standing in one of these doorways, I will simply point you on to the prize at the end. I know the way and truth, but the life is yet to be finished.

Did you catch the leading tone and missing dominant in what I just said? The last word above. Why is Christ the beginning and end, yet infinity never ends? It's a riddle. What's the answer?

edit on 23-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
RIDDLE that answers the question of the thread:

I know the way and truth, but the life is yet to be finished.

Did you catch the leading tone and missing dominant in what I just said? The last word above. Why is Christ the beginning and end, yet infinity never ends? It's a riddle. What's the answer?

HINT:

The secret to opposites is found in the reflection. Find one thing, then find the secret. Here is one thing that gives you a clue. The major scale is do re mi fa so la ti do. What is on either end? In a loaf of bread, what is on either end? What can be created with many notes?

Why does the beginning and end never have a resolution? How can infinity repeat indefinitely, yet never change?

If you hang on the leading tone (ti) you forget that do comes next. A person who hangs on the leading tone mistakes it for the final pitch.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I like this answer...

Å99

I am showing you that there is more to the mystery than you see by the way and the truth. The sWORD has a double edge. Don't forget this. Go back to the parries and see that there were no thrusts. Judo requires that we speak for the other person in the manner in which they should be speaking for themselves. I took your momentum and moved you with it.

The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution. DUMBLEDORE

I realize that I come off a bit arrogant, but this is a path I have traveled. I gladly walk it again, but the diversions and doorways have mostly been explored and I refuse to walk down them again. If I see you standing in one of these doorways, I will simply point you on to the prize at the end. I know the way and truth, but the life is yet to be finished.

I'm sorry, Dumbledore?

If I'd been 40 years younger, I might have read the book from which this character came...as it is...you trying to 'teach' me anything, and in the same breath, using Dumbledore is making me think I've stumbled into teenage land...did that 40 years ago...come a long way since then, through the militant 'Christ is the only way phase'...
Goodnight, keep fighting the good fight.

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I believe God does duplicate himself, by us having babies. The only true miracle is that of life, and that miracle is performed many many times everyday by women giving birth. There is no such thing as "lesser" or "greater" in God's kingdom (the universe), we are all equal and all One.

That's my take on it at least. I know lots of people will disagree though.
edit on 23-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is no such thing as "lesser" in God's kingdom (the universe), we are all equal and all One.

This is of truth!

Even above, there are archs, and elders. But, each has it's role, it does not mean one is greater than the other, it is just there task might be higher up on the priority chain. When this is all said and done, all will be equal as we once were in the beginning, before others wanted to question!

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join