It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Duplicating God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Be careful not to 'paperfold' too much...I do like the illustration of backward compatability...problem is, God doesn't 'move'...therefore we, and everything we see, hear, smell, touch and 'paperfold' is the reflex/ction...the creation of exclusionist ideoligies happens 'in the reflection', not at the source, and therefore cannot be 'blamed, attributed, 'sin' labelled...as it is a reflection of all that is possible through omnipotence, nay, from omnipotence...I am the alpha and the Omega...

Å99

There cannot be a finite number of eternal things, therefore, the eternal cannot change. Finite things change, but there cannot be an infinite number of finite things. Like you say, the beginning and the end is what changes. It comes from the Eternal. What is moved must be anchored by what does not. I agree. This is the purpose of the image and the only way fellowship can happen. I think my link hit this very topic.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
reply to post by EnochWasRight

"We are the shadows we cast"

Who are we the shadows of? (reflections of)

Å99

Spoken like a true Simulation questioning how it was conceived by Word. We are the shadows of the Eternal, yet we cast our own shadows from indeterminate probability. The fact that we have free will implies that what is possible is not yet determined. As a paradox, the Eternal already knows the program's end. Just as a Sims character is collapsing the wave of memory, the path he takes is controlled by the one behind the joystick. Who is this entity behind the mind of a Child of God?

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

We can learn much from this chapter. When considering entanglement with God from the Image, we see this:

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Faith allows the indeterminate possibilities to emerge. God shows a new possibility at each step. This is why faith is required for to collapse the indeterminate nature of salvation and make it determined. I did a good thread on this subject: Collapsing Wave Function and Salvation as a Probible Outcome

Is God his own person in relation to our person? Good Thread on: Is God Personal?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Be careful not to 'paperfold' too much...I do like the illustration of backward compatability...problem is, God doesn't 'move'...therefore we, and everything we see, hear, smell, touch and 'paperfold' is the reflex/ction...the creation of exclusionist ideoligies happens 'in the reflection', not at the source, and therefore cannot be 'blamed, attributed, 'sin' labelled...as it is a reflection of all that is possible through omnipotence, nay, from omnipotence...I am the alpha and the Omega...

Å99

There cannot be a finite number of eternal things, therefore, the eternal cannot change. Finite things change, but there cannot be an infinite number of finite things. Like you say, the beginning and the end is what changes. It comes from the Eternal. What is moved must be anchored by what does not. I agree. This is the purpose of the image and the only way fellowship can happen. I think my link hit this very topic.

Finite issuing from infinite...cannot be infinite? Is this what you are saying? Procedurally, this does not gel...

*Thinks*...Infinite produces finite (infinitely), but Enoch says this does not happen...is there limited...mmm...conceptual space for this production of 'finite' things?...or indeed, limited physical space?

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

"18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven."

Does this infer the binding by limitation of infinite?...and/or the binding by limitation of salvationist philosophy?

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm responding directly to this thread...not detouring onto other threads...I do like what we are talking about...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

"19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

How, do you think, this could possibly come out, pear shaped?...specifically, as a function of possibilities and probabilities on the scale of infinite...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Spoken like a true Simulation questioning how it was conceived by Word. We are the shadows of the Eternal, yet we cast our own shadows from indeterminate probability. The fact that we have free will implies that what is possible is not yet determined. As a paradox, the Eternal already knows the program's end. Just as a Sims character is collapsing the wave of memory, the path he takes is controlled by the one behind the joystick." quote EWR

...and yet, as sims, we are able to access this infinite number of possibilities and probabilities produced by the mechanism of FREE WILL...that is the major flaw (if you will) in the Sim scenario...reduceable to discussions over the ability of sims to debate thier 'simness'...using FREE WILL to do it...the scenario that presents this as a possibility is chasing its own tail...We are the infinite incarnate...every single one of us...we are the game, the board, the player...emulation can be flattering...duality, a sweet concept...smells of exclusionism by proxy, at best...

Forget sims...just another paperfold...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am the alpha and the omega...and everything in between...I am everything...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Finite issuing from infinite...cannot be infinite? Is this what you are saying? Procedurally, this does not gel...

*Thinks*...Infinite produces finite (infinitely), but Enoch says this does not happen...is there limited...mmm...conceptual space for this production of 'finite' things?...or indeed, limited physical space?

Å99

The highest axiom is the one directly from the mind of God. Truth is Aleph and Tav with MEM in the middle. The End implies a beginning. A beginning implies there must be an end. We are finite. God is eternal. We are a timeline and dispensation of God's Grace. He is the ancient of Days. We are the days themselves.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

"18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven."

Does this infer the binding by limitation of infinite?...and/or the binding by limitation of salvationist philosophy?

Å99

Amni is the river of Life (Jordan).
Amnio is the bowl that catches the sacrifice of the lamb (Blood)
Amnion is the sac that covers the waters of the womb
Amniotic Fluid is the waters of the womb / Matrix / Mater / Mother
Amnesia is the condition of the waters
Amnesty is the cure for the break in the chain.

Sickness is a break in the chain. What are you binding?

The Shepherd pulls the wool over the eyes of the sheep (amnesia). He then sheers the wool season after season; cycle after cycle and experience after experience. He then washes it white as snow (Amnesty). From this wool he binds our new robe (Body). You must be born again.

You have a part in the wool. The lamb sacrificed himself so you could.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I'm responding directly to this thread...not detouring onto other threads...I do like what we are talking about...

Å99

You can bind or loose the thread all you like. It's a choice and we are free to make it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

How, do you think, this could possibly come out, pear shaped?...specifically, as a function of possibilities and probabilities on the scale of infinite...

Å99

Try that question again.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

YOU:...and yet, as sims, we are able to access this infinite number of possibilities and probabilities produced by the mechanism of FREE WILL

---What do you do to produce your life? You do not make your hair grow, your eyes see or the Earth turn. These function above your will. You can only do TWO things. You think and move. I challenge you to think of anything you do that is not encompassed by the two you do. Knowing this, you are limited by Mother / Mater / Material / Womb. Just as a child in the womb, emergence into the light of the world offers new opportunity, gifts and growth. Before the womb, two came together to form one. Before the sperm and egg, two parents of different kinds came together. To manage that union, the womb provided sun and moon for the same strong and weak nuclear forces to produce life on Earth. The circle provides the answer to your problem of infinite will opposed by law.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

YOU: ...that is the major flaw (if you will) in the Sim scenario...reduceable to discussions over the ability of sims to debate thier 'simness'...using FREE WILL to do it...the scenario that presents this as a possibility is chasing its own tail...

---Chasing a tail in a circle. I agree. This is the point of involution and evolution. The snake eats it's tail. The beginning of a finite creature exits and enters into the same circle. The snake sheds a skin, but is the same snake.

Consider Job and Satan. Satan had just ended the lives of Job's children. God said:

Job 2

3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

One skin for another. The children returned to Job.

YOU: We are the infinite incarnate...every single one of us...we are the game, the board, the player...emulation can be flattering...duality, a sweet concept...smells of exclusionism by proxy, at best...

---Again, see my thread: Is God Personal?

YOU: Forget sims...just another paperfold...

I like your commentary, but you deny Christ and the beginning and end of truth. There is no need to deny what is evident. Instead, deny ignorance with truth. IgnorANCE is ignoring truth.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"Sickness is a break in the chain. What are you binding?"

God binds nothing, especially that which emanates/is reflected...that paperfold appears to have led you (and we are having a great discussion) to a conclusion of finality through salvation (please correct me)...salvation specifically through One disseminator...this IS exclusionism at its finest, when set against the concept of creations as sims or mirror images, or, incarnation...

What was the purpose (failing the paperfolded answer of absolution of sins not yet commited) for JC to 'incarnate'...the man/God...at the very least (and in accordance with popular christian mythology) when pummeling MY creations into submission had not worked up to this point? That paperfold smells of a very clumsy, procedurally flawed response to a desperate situation...THAT, could not be the movement of an omnipotent God...it is, however, (obviously) the belief of many, many well meaning people, who have the capability to perform the type of origami that would lead them into the tiny folded sections of that conclusion...trapped into ONE escape route...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Å99

You are finite? As Children of God, we are promised more. Salvation from Time waits for the purpose of time. Time keeps everything from happening at once. Continue to the end and run the race.

With this, you are speaking of the race. Where was the starting line? It's a mystery and I have a thread that speaks to it. Again, the MEM in the middle of truth keeps rising to the top. Moses Secret from Corinthians 10

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You see, what I'm noticing here is a preponderance to quote the Little Golden Book...exclusively!

I have never said I denied The Paradise Son...don't paperfold!...especially on my non-words...you made this up...

Exclusivity is limitation...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

"Sickness is a break in the chain. What are you binding?"

God binds nothing, especially that which emanates/is reflected...that paperfold appears to have led you (and we are having a great discussion) to a conclusion of finality through salvation (please correct me)...salvation specifically through One disseminator...this IS exclusionism at its finest, when set against the concept of creations as sims or mirror images, or, incarnation...

What was the purpose (failing the paperfolded answer of absolution of sins not yet commited) for JC to 'incarnate'...the man/God...at the very least (and in accordance with popular christian mythology) when pummeling MY creations into submission had not worked up to this point? That paperfold smells of a very clumsy, procedurally flawed response to a desperate situation...THAT, could not be the movement of an omnipotent God...it is, however, (obviously) the belief of many, many well meaning people, who have the capability to perform the type of origami that would lead them into the tiny folded sections of that conclusion...trapped into ONE escape route...

Å99

Again, you are running your own simulation in your mind, but ignoring what is written in the instructions.

First, define a simulation: Simulation is the imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system over time.

Your premise in this is mistaken. You are implying that we ARE the real. Not so. The Bible makes it clear. We are an image. Look in the mirror. You see your image, but you are not the image. You are the one casting it. We both agree on this fact. Now, let's make sure we stick to the higher axiom.

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

It's a copy ( imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system over time.). Read the above. We are not here. Where are we? NOT IN TIME. We are part of the Eternal (never changing), yet we occupy the infinite (moving) aspect of the Eternal. Yes, we are rendered by WORD here, but we are what we are there. How do we conceive there and eternal? We have no opposite to know or say. Save the conceptualization for the end of this one, but consider what the purpose of God having children implies. In Hebrew culture, the inheritance comes to the adult, when childhood is shed for the wisdom of years.

In the Beginning (TIME), God created the Heavens (Space) and the Earth (MATTER). Fiat Lux. Let there be light (ENERGY)! We now know energy is information.

Now the answer. What is the purpose of JC incarnating into matter? I have two answers.

ANSWER ONE:

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

Involution is turning in on one's self (within). Compare this to Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

ANSWER TWO:

1 CORINTHIANS 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

edit on 23-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Å99

You are finite? As Children of God, we are promised more. Salvation from Time waits for the purpose of time. Time keeps everything from happening at once. Continue to the end and run the race.

With this, you are speaking of the race. Where was the starting line? It's a mystery and I have a thread that speaks to it. Again, the MEM in the middle of truth keeps rising to the top. Moses Secret from Corinthians 10

You know where this quote comes from...it has nothing to do with time...

I am the alpha and the omega (not, confined to the beginning and the end - hang on INFINITE) I am everything...

There is no 'race' in a perpetual (read infinite) stage relay...I don't speak of any such thing...

Å99

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Please stay on topic and stop trying to derail my thread and promote your own! (six of them already!)

You have yet to address the subject matter of THIS thread! Which is:

Can god create something that is greater than itself, or is god limited to creating things that are lesser than it.

If that is too hard for you to answer, let me pose a simpler question to you. Did god create the universe? If so, is the universe greater or lesser than god.

edit on 23-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Niether did I 'agree' that we were/are simply images in reflection...its a nice illustration nonetheless...so I do not subscribe to the sim analogy...it's waaay more complicated than that...

...and the slabs of text can become somewhat self referential to your position...that doesn't justify the position, nor (god forbid) the text...

I'm not caught in a loop of any sort...nuff said there...

You have very interesting points...not the text...you! The texts do not describe God to God to man to man...We do...

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join