It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Destroys 3 US Shipments of GM Corn

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

China Destroys 3 US Shipments of GM Corn

www.trueactivist.com

According to a report released today by GMWatch, China destroyed three shipments of GM corn imported from the US.

The first two shipments are referenced on the website of the Zhuhai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, confirming that two illegal GM corn shipments entered Wanzai Port in Zhuhai City on May 7th, and were subsequently destroyed:

(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like the tide against GMO is starting to turn. China is one of the biggest importers of GM foods and they are turning their backs to it.

Awareness against GMOs is spreading fast. Mass protests are being organised against Monstanto. On 25th May activists will unite worldwide to march against Monsanto.

There is increasing evidence that many GM foods contain less nutritional value and cause detrimental effects to consumers and livestock.

www.trueactivist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-5-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Props to China on this specific event, hopefully they destroy more. Now, if they could only turn our corporations back to the U.S., we might see some jobs.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Abstruse because: house of massimo

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That sounds like a good thing.

I hate to claim ignorance but I don't fully understand who and what Monsanto is all I know i've learned from the posts on here. Can someone direct me to a site with as much info on them and how they affect me on a personal level. I see so many scary posts about how they affect farmers but can someone explain if any of that pertains to me and the store bought seeds I buy from home depot?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

The above link tells what happened in India and a new strain of cotton that is being produces and possible tie to the new FLU/SARS like illnesses

The mysterious illness has sickened its victims with flu-like symptoms, including a shortness of breath, fever, and coughing. Of the seven people who were hospitalized with the new disease, two have died, Alabama Department of Public Health spokeswoman Mary McIntyre told AP.

the article mostly covers India and all they suicides and problems associate with the GM cotton crops. I do believe any country that can read and cares one iota about their population should do their own independent studies before becoming a consumer or grower of these products. Chinese are not dummies.

1. After the cotton harvest in parts of India, sheep herds grazed continuously on Bt cotton plants.
2. Reports from four villages revealed that about 25% of the sheep died within a week.
3. Post mortem studies suggest a toxic reaction

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All I see coming from this is that we in the US will continue to be fed this poison while all the "good stuff" is sent overseas.

No guts, no glory.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm loading the Activist Post link now.

I'm nearly done reading "*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States" post.

Did you post this information there?

ETA: I see your post on page six. Also, read the article, good find.

MSB
edit on 23-5-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last comment

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am so glad to hear any country that makes this decision for their people, land, animals and planet, it is a responsible move.

Good for you China!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If we will just take a stand like Monsanto employees and refuse to eat the stuff....

If only they would just label the stuff so we can know what not to eat. I have seen lists of products that contain GMO's and it is just too big to memorize. One rule of thumb we could use, if it is a processed food product then it more than likely contains GMO's. We can just boycott supermarkets. Problem is, we get loaded down with free and discount coupons to buy this stuff at rock-bottom prices. Maybe this is some grand conspiracy to target the poor and the money-conscious.

If the food companies won't label the GMO's then maybe we can get the clean companies to label the non-GMO foods - a least it would require less labelling, apparently. Problem with that is Monsanto will find a way to get a waiver to be able to label their products as non-GMO. Foods that may appear to be non-GMO are probably likely to have either been fed on GMO or fertilized with it. We're doomed! Or maybe not. If the Chinese can feed all their people on wholesome and natural food then we really ought to be able to do the same - with a little help from our government to help keep us safe from those corporate interests. Right. Plplplplplplpl....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

There are ways around the fact its not labelled..

No Excuses! 4 Mobile Phone Apps to Keep You GMO-Free for Non-GMO Month

www.organicauthority.com...

link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

dp...

link   
triple post....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
If we will just take a stand like Monsanto employees and refuse to eat the stuff....

If only they would just label the stuff so we can know what not to eat. I have seen lists of products that contain GMO's and it is just too big to memorize. One rule of thumb we could use, if it is a processed food product then it more than likely contains GMO's. We can just boycott supermarkets. Problem is, we get loaded down with free and discount coupons to buy this stuff at rock-bottom prices. Maybe this is some grand conspiracy to target the poor and the money-conscious.

If the food companies won't label the GMO's then maybe we can get the clean companies to label the non-GMO foods - a least it would require less labelling, apparently. Problem with that is Monsanto will find a way to get a waiver to be able to label their products as non-GMO. Foods that may appear to be non-GMO are probably likely to have either been fed on GMO or fertilized with it. We're doomed! Or maybe not. If the Chinese can feed all their people on wholesome and natural food then we really ought to be able to do the same - with a little help from our government to help keep us safe from those corporate interests. Right. Plplplplplplpl....

Overally good points.

Although there is a flaw in your logic. Even if GMO-s are labelled, still most companies would use their products, which means the assortment of products is extremely low compared to assortment of food with GMOs in them.

We do not know enough about these. I am from EU and luckily there is no problem with them here, at least yet. Most of the sorts are banned, only a couple allowed, but still countries are banning them on their own.

I do not say GMOs are extremely bad or something like that. The thing is I do not know. There is not much information released on the matter. There are not enough studies made. The things published in alternative media are really threating and before eating something I want to know for sure. We do not know even how bad it can be for the environment. It is simply being pushed on the people, while taking control of the seed market, which should never happen either. Food should not be controlled by corporations and currently based on the perception of the alternative media, the handful of studies I´ve seen and the greediness of the company I will avoid these at all costs.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

Sadly they still import animal products that have been raised on GMO produces. From eggs to milk and meat... (that and lots of chemicals like hormones and antibiotics)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
this is A HUGE VICTORY against these poisons!!!

Now we have apps that helps us scan and find out which foods have gmo's, congressmen are taking ote and working on mandatory gmo labeling on food products, Anti-Monsanto Day May 25th, Countries all over the world burning these poisons......

and European GMO studies (NOT PAID FOR BY MONSANTO) showing the true cancers that rats and other animals get from being fed this crap.

I can real feel the tides turning

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I do so hope that this will bring down the GMO venture. The world is waking up. I saw a documentary on it today on RT. One interview said that all the claims are proving false.

Increased yield... not one bit. In fact studies show yields are declining.

Decreased pesticide use... in fact pesticide use is up 25%.

Decrease world hunger... not one step has been taken in this direction.

Farmers abroad are finding out they cannot save seed but have to buy new seed every year.
Pests are becoming resistant to the new strains. Monsanto has promised relief but have not delivered.

As crops cross pollinate over vast differences farmers are being harassed and even sued for not changing over to Monsanto. Lawsuits are a dirty tactic. They sue people for contaminating Monsanto farms in the area unless they too adopt Monsanto crops.

Yay, world. Refuse GMO crops on your lands overseas. Ruin Monsanto for us, we are but peons that have no choice here in the states. You guys can refuse to import GMO!

Genetic Chili

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Can't they just use GMO Corn for fuel?

Just pass a law saying all GMO corn is to be used to make ethanol. Leave the organic Corn for human consumption.

That should solve all problems.

Put that GMO stuff in the automobiles and burn it up for transport. What's the point of destroying good biofuel?

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 23-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
LMAO! Anyone who actually believes that Red China has not already allowed tons, and tons and tons and tons (I could go on all day long) and tons of Genetically Modified Food already into their Nation are complete mass media brainwashed useful tools.

Nothing happens without China knowing everything about any shipment beforehand. Think, just think, it's not that difficult. This is 100% bull#. Other motives are behind these lies. Someone didn't cooperate on a lower level, thats it!

The Chinese concerned about the health of their people? LMAO!!!!!! I have not laughed this hard for awhile! My god fix some of your brains. ~$heopleNation
edit on 23-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

this is A HUGE VICTORY against these poisons!!!
I can real feel the tides turning

You didnt read past the headline then?

Next time, spend a few moments reading the actual article, and the links it cites as references.

In this case, you'll see:
- China imports billions of tons of GMO food each year
- This is not going to change
- The shipments were only destroyed because of paperwork issues.
The article clearly states that "these shipments of US corn did not have the relevant safety certificates and approval documents".

edit on 24-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is the first time I am siding with China. I hope for our sake it is the last time.

Glad to see the world is waking up to the GMO nightmare.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join