It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama just imply that he can detain and interrogate US citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The speech Obama just made about counter terror. While he explained how we should not irritate or offend the muslim world almost in the same breathe implied that he may indefinitely detain and interrogate US citizens on US soil. Good thing his peace corps and AG are currently working on it. Also he stated that they may align with foreign militaries to do so.

Wow.

Cant believe this hasn't been posted yet or did I miss something?

Anyways feel free to post the video soon as it becomes available.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Can you post a video link?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

He just spoke for around half an hour until about 2:00 pm doubt its available yet but Ill check.

Heres a portion when he was interrupted by code pink but I dont see the full video available yet.

edit on 23-5-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I like how he pretends to be powerless, but can write a bunch of executive orders to get things done if he wanted.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Abstruse because: 2+2 is 5

Oh, he can detain and interrogate U.S. citizens whenever he likes. That was the whole point of the NDAA. He can do it with due process or just cause he doesn't like your party affiliation. Either way you have no rights!
edit on 23-5-2013 by Abstruse because: on topic

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like how he states that he swore an oath to defend the constitution yet he violates it at every turn. For those who missed the speech, I think this ones going down in history. It is being discussed on Cavuto now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sure, why not? He seems to be able to do anything else he wants. The military can now just sweep in and start quelling insurrections or civil disturbances for any reason he sees fit, why not just call a duck a duck. Round em up.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

Oh, he can detain and interrogate U.S. citizens whenever he likes. That was the whole point of the NDAA. He can do it with due process or just cause he doesn't like your party affiliation. Either way you have no rights!

Yes he reinforces everything about NDAA and the patriot act and states he is acting within the law.

But then he says al queda has been defeated and the best way to deter terrorism is to work with al queda.

Then he says its ok to target US citizens who are suspected terrorists and detain them and interrogate them without due process.

Oh and drones are cool in America as long as they are unarmed.
edit on 23-5-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Isn't that known as the NDAA of 2012 which gives Obama/Washington the right to detain any US citizen for as long as they want without a lawyer, trial, or even alerting next of kin.

Yup, welcome to 2012.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes, he even touched on the detention camps....or as we all know them FEMA camps.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I watched the speech til I got mad as hell, and started cussing at the tv.

Anyone catch the 'Muslims are a part of the American family' remark?

He'd never make such a comment about Christians.

Then his comments about 'buying friends' with is foreign aid 'deal'.

Oh and then that 1 trillion over a decade for the 'war on terror' which is about 100 billion a year where the US government blows more cash studying cow farts, and shrimps on tread mills.

Peace in the ME with a two state solution? No 2000 years says otherwise.

Throwing Clinton under the bus with 'missile strikes'.

Rehashing 'Bush's war' and how 'his way' is the best.

Then there is the mention of the Fort Hood shooting and 'domestic' terrorism where as Fort Hood was classified as 'work place violence'.

He was trying to have it both ways, and again how he isn't responsible for nothing pretty much blaming congress for drone strikes where the reality is as the commander in chief it is his say.

Obama can do whatever the hell he wants to detain or kill, and blame foreign citizens, and domestic because he is never accountable for nothing.

That was one long winded speech that really did not say to much.

Given the fact that Islam or a more specific version of it is a mixture of politics, and religion as most ME countries are religious theocracies.

They really can't be separated like he thinks they can be.

He sure did give a lot of terrorist history which shoots everything he said down radicalized Islam has been fighting a never ending war with the west.

Past 40 years is proof enough cited by his evidence he really does think not calling it a war, buying 'friends' it is magically going to go away.

He pretty much said he has the right to kill whoever he wants as long as 'congress' signs off on it which means he get's to blame them.

And Gitmo in my book out right murder of people like those 4 Americans he killed is more barbaric that some 'prison' in Cuba.

Funny how people always bring up Gitmo, but never bring up the Japanese internment.

So in reality he wants to go back to a pre 911 mentality that didn't work and exploded on 9-11..

This guy always ties to have it both ways.

The war on terror is a political war based on religious beliefs.
edit on 23-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

They were wrong when they said "The end is near".
The end is here.
So long America.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Video is here:

edit on 5/23/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: video

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Over 4000 people have been killed by drone strikes mostly under the current administration at the height of Gitmo.

History of Gitmo detainees

www.humanrightsfirst.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

How could the evil last president released so many and 5 years later Gitmo is still open ?
edit on 23-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The birth of the tyrannical private interest run government has been taking shape for the last 25 years, if people has not gotten yet what it means to be under a tyrannical rule, keep your eyes open wide, very wide because that is what is going on right now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I saw a remark today that a couple years ago, Bush needed a judge and court order to listen to your phone (officially...not NSA style)...and now Obama doesnt need either to use a drone and KILL us.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I watched the speech til I got mad as hell, and started cussing at the tv.

Don't be mad at the little box. Be mad at the little man in the box.

/TOA

top topics

join