It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA hidden camera network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
La hidden camera network - Perez Hilton website

I did a search and I don't think this has been posted. Ignore the fact that it is about some rapper guy and I just thought it was worth sharing about the cameras supposedly hidden around LA.

I am not from the US, so just wondering if this is common knowledge?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flika

I don't think they're hidden.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flika

I don't think they are secret. My town has them too. We have a University, and lots of people, students or not are out drinking, at bars and house parties. Fights, sometimes a mugging, or recently a hit and run were caught on camera, and released to the local public to help identify the people guilty. It's for the better in our towns case, because sometimes it's a group of students who beat up, knock out, someone because his g/f is hot and they will hit on her, and he will tell them off. Or in the hit and run case, a middle aged lady was crossing the street, and some ricer tore off from a green light without waiting for her to pass all the way, prob was txting, and she flipped over his car and was ok. But everyone who saw the car in the next few days reported the tags back to the local PD.

What anyone who has something against security cameras on public sidewalks and streets has to realize is, if you are not doing something wrong, you have no need to worry.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I am just going off the reporting and wondering if anyone who actually lives there can inform me.... Just curious

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

Ah I see, yes I agree....provided you know you are being filmed.

Is it private companies with external cameras on their buildings or is it private companies installing them out on street posts etc I wonder....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by flika
La hidden camera network - Perez Hilton website

I did a search and I don't think this has been posted. Ignore the fact that it is about some rapper guy and I just thought it was worth sharing about the cameras supposedly hidden around LA.

I am not from the US, so just wondering if this is common knowledge?

I hate it when people from the West or East just assume everyone will assume "LA" stands for Los Angeles and not Louisiana.
travel much?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18
reply to post by flika

What anyone who has something against security cameras on public sidewalks and streets has to realize is, if you are not doing something wrong, you have no need to worry.

You say that because you are desnsitised to them

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Did you read the link I posted, because it does state "took place January 9 in Hollywood" ... Unless the other LA also has a Hollywood?

Read much?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Cameras are everywhere in S. California. Traffic cams, store security cams, police cams, home security cams, etc... If something happens such as a crime, one of the first things the police do is to look for cameras that may have recorded the event. They obtain the recordings by asking the owner to voluntarily give it to them, or by search warrent, or by "other" means. I don't know about a secret camera system, but people probably do not realize how many cameras there are that are recording their every move.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Thunderheart

I hate it when people from the West or East just assume everyone will assume "LA" stands for Los Angeles and not Louisiana.
travel much?
Might as well go ahead and add the 'U.S.Midwest' to your list, because Louisiana never even crossed my mind.

Originally posted by flika

I am just going off the reporting and wondering if anyone who actually lives there can inform me.... Just curious
I know. I kinda just meant that nowadays, they're everywhere.

top topics

join