It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Conventional explosives are more than capable of producing a bright flash. A nuclear weapon would have blinded anyone nearby, and the flash would have been much brighter and blotted out the camera lens.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
At 150 meters, the only thing that could get it would be a torp or a depth charge. There are low yield nuclear depth charges and torpedoes in the U.S. arsenal, however Syria having any of those is rather doubtful, but not impossible.

At that depth, there would be a big disturbance on the surface, but possibly no explosion or mushroom cloud. Anyway, I would go with conventional weapons, if the incident happened at all. They can bust a hull wide open themselves without even making direct contact.

edit on 24-5-2013 by charlyv because: typo

edit on 24-5-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
surely there would be photos of debre floating on the water by now?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
surely there would be photos of debre floating on the water by now?

Shredded metal doesn't float very well.
Plus all of the buoyant stuff is probably trapped inside the hull.
And even if some did float up to the surface, it would probably never be found by anyone. And even if they did find it most people wouldn't know what to make of it and consider it garbage.

I am not saying it happened though because I don't know either way.
All I am saying is that IF it DID happen, we may never find out for sure.

We don't have any data really.
edit on 24-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Oh and something interesting about "Warfare in the 21st Century".
It's increasingly more often undeclared and heavily clandestine. Lot's of information wars between competing propaganda outlets (like Syria vs Israel discussed in this thread).
Who can you trust? No one. That's who.

For fun here is my old thread about Zechariah 12 predicting the war with Israel. I still agree with my assessment I came to after overlooking it briefly.

That essentially an alliance would form against Israel, and Israel would defeat all of them by using Electronic Warfare tactics and strategy. That's my interpretation of the prophecy at least.

I also suggest that it could all be by design. But I don't know, there are other possibilities of course. Maybe that guy all the way back then actually saw the future? Maybe it's a coincidence?

It's scary though because if they actually attack Israel they will lose big time. I don't support or like Israel either personally, but I can admit to the facts of reality. Israel has superior weapons/technology and strategies/tactics for defending their little tiny strip of land from invasion.

The whole world could invade Israel, but they would still obliterate our invasion forces in the process. They have nukes too but don't actually need them, they have lots of really sneaky "conventional" alternatives. Do not underestimate this little tiny nation, it has a power behind it hooking it up with all the best stuff.

The proposition to seek war with Israel is M.A.D.

I want the world to be at peace with Israel.
But I just don't see anyone realizing how big of a mistake all of this really could turn out to be. All of this saber rattling. Rumors of naval battles, etc.

We are talking Mutually Assured Destruction.
It is not the rhetoric of wise men that lead to war, but fools.
There is a cliff here, be careful.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hacking is probably Israel's best weapon and they are probably better at it than the Russians or Chinese.
Most people don't realize this, they don't realize the level of sophistication we are dealing with here.

Israel could crash the world economy over night if it wanted to. It won't, because it doesn't want to.
They are capable of this level of expertise and more, and they have loyalists in every nation around the world as well who would work to aid in whatever needed to be done.

Now don't be confused here, Israel on the offense militarily is very vulnerable and may not achieve their goals half of the time. They don't plan for attacking very often, unless it's 'in defense' as they claim all the time (neighboring zones create Israels' buffer apparently). Their military has countless contingencies based on defending that strip of land and they are all very well thought out and cunning, and they are experienced in battle. They have computers coming up with new stuff as we speak.

Hopefully we can all find reasons to like each other and can get over the reasons we don't like each other, and hopefully the world will find peace soon. I really think we have a lot to learn from Israel but we have got off on the wrong foot with them, and I would like to see everyone's attitudes change towards diplomacy rather than revenge.

I am most concerned because I am afraid that by making concessions to appease it will only motivate and facilitate a habit of demanding more and more concessions. I do think some concessions are needed but of what scope that's extremely difficult to determine fairly for everyone involved, I don't even think it's possible.

The hard reality is that everyone from all sides will have to make concessions in order to build an atmosphere of peace and cooperation as opposed to an atmosphere of war and threats of war. When it comes to this everyone becomes stubborn because of Palestine mostly.

And nothing anyone has tried has worked yet either to resolve that festering problem.
I look for out of the box and novel solutions to problems and the only thing I can think of as a suggestion is for Israel to annex the rest of Palestine and grant everyone full Israeli citizenship, tear down the walls etc. No more blockades nothing.

A nearly impossible proposition. It would probably defuse the entire situation though theoretically.
The Palestinians have to want to be Israeli citizens. Israel needs to reform it's citizenship laws to accommodate for such a plan if it is serious about defusing this time bomb.
These are neighbors who just can't seem to get along if you really think about it.
By solving the Palestinian - Israeli conflict we can promote and facilitate a pendulum swing in global politics towards peace.

Since I don't see anything like that actually happening in the real world (real diplomacy), I am convinced that there must be a nefarious reason for it being the way it is. That's why I linked Zech 12 above and suggested it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe they (all nations) want and plan for Armageddon? I hope not, but we are technically preparing for it with the arms stockpiling.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

A sub?... the sub has many things that would float if released.

According the article there were helicopters over the area for quite a while.

If you said it happened this week, then yeah maybe no photos have made it yet.

but this happened a fair while ago, in terms of immediate evidence.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ministry of Syrian Propaganda.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree I don't think it was nuclear in nature but I wouldn't put it past Israel to be honest.

I was posting the link to show Russia and Israel are NOT buddy buddy nothing more. Perhaps I should have stated that point.
edit on 24-5-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
When Israel tells Syria not to retaliate and it does, it's over for them. Israel will use such force as is necessary for it's protection. It wouldn't take much to push Syria over the edge.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

So then the two years of failed resistance to Assads regime using western support, financing, and weapons are a figment of our imagination?

Sound like you share the same beliefs as Erdogan from Turkey and even the German intelligence prior to the resistance. There was an article that had discussed how Germany's intelligence has changed their view and feels Syria now has the upper hand in this resistance?

With all the support from the west and they couldn't topple the regime in 2 yrs is a testament to Assads resolve and the support he is receiving via Hezbollah, Iran and Russia.

The west expected Syria to fall like Lybia and it didn't. If Russia allows Syria to topple it knows Iran isn't far behind. This is just as much a war against (Russia) via proxy then it is with Syria. We would love for nothing more than to keep Russia's footprint out of the Middle East but now they will be in the Med. for a long time now. Talk about unintended consequences.

I was looking for a source and found it regarding Germenys intelligence about face:

www.spiegel.de...

And also look at this:

news.antiwar.com...

Did the west just blink?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Amen, couldn't have said it better myself. Not only did Syria find their sub but effectively engaged and destroyed it. How many other Israeli assets have been lost due to the military capability of Syria. Will Isreal admit they got bested by people they consider living in the stone age.

Ps if they can get theirs they can get ours. We probably gave Isreal the sub that got destroyed.
edit on 24-5-2013 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

Edit again. Or Syria is lying because they are losing to boost moral in the Navy.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

They were sold (given or bought wth the 6 billion in annual aid from the US) to Israel from Germany.

Some light reading:

www.jpost.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

And on the Russia thing. Russia is just being Russia. If you're a intellegnet creature you spend expentinally more time watching then reacting. Some of the best chess players are Russian or Eastern European. Little moves at a time nothing too big to cause a stir but when the time comes you're surrounded.

Money is irrelevant on this scale. We gave Isreal stuff they didnt have. Subs, boats, what not and they gave us stuff we didn't have. Sound financial advice maybe. Jews control the raw resources because they are good with them. Everyone has a strength and a weakness. It's when two or more weakness are nulled by force ie dont look at my deformed arm or I will kill you type thinking that you run into problems and that's where we are at now. My input in the situation. No matter what it's a lose lose unless everyone puts their weapons down.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Israel has not used any real force against it's enemies yet. Only measured force as was demanded by western powers. However, we shall see what they might do if threatened with extermination by Syria or other Islamic hordes.

edit on 24-5-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You realize this isn't just about Israel right? You seem to be having a wet dream about Israel. Don't get me wrong they are tough, ruthless cazy batos that's for sure. The have a strong military ad tight coordination with the west.

Syria has Iran, Hezbollah, and Russia. They have a lot of regional influence and hell is breaking loose in Iraq, Turkey and Bahrain right now which makes for a distraction of the west. It's not as easy as just dropping bombs from US bought Israeli warplanes. Israel has many enemies in the region for obvious reasons. If it s so easy to topple Syria it would have been done 2 years ago.

And contrary to popular belief Syria was quite developed and the people were afforded more rights then wat is commonly afforded in that area. They are not as backwards as the west would ave you believe.

edit on 24-5-2013 by masta12d because: Damn iPad

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I know this is my thread but since no further corroborating evidence showing this article has any merit, perhaps it should be moved to hoax?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Israel, has nuclear armed subs.
One of these is on constant patrol,off the coast of Iran.....
perhaps this is one of these patrols en route.
If the Israelis have lost a sub, they will repay as surely as the sun comes up.And in full measure too....
The Israelis never let things slip, and always seem to get revenge sooner or later.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
this incident happened on may 02 2013 and the ONLY newspaper report that was ever filed was from a reporter by the Syrian news network. here is everything i uncovered on the net for this topic.

revolutionradio.org...
www.godlikeproductions.com...
www.syrianews.cc...
globalfirepower.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Not surprising Israel would keep silent if this happened as it would be embarrising but at the same token, wouldn't it have been the perfect excuse to invade?

NO!

This is not a reason to invade as Israel has already attacked Syria several times.

If anything, Syria has the right to invade Israel, but they have shown restraint, plus they know better.

Syria pretty much has the moral high ground over Israel at the moment.

That being said, I wish none of this was happening at all, in fact, I am unsure if the news in this article is even true. If it is true, it is NOT an reason for Israel to invade Syria.

Not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but who cares about moral high ground when it comes to war? War isn't some gentlemen's game like golf... It's supposed to be filled with questionable actions. I doubt we will ever see a mano a mano war like we used to see back in the day, where two enemies face each other and duke it out... Covert, questionable tactics is the way wars are fought today...

And I share the same sentiment with you that I wish it wasn't happening, but in reality it's going to happen and in a way is already happening... it just hasn't gotten BAD yet, when that day comes, just hope there's little to no collateral damage
edit on 24-5-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join