It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Syrian Navy Destroys Israeli Submarine

www.syrianews.cc

Syrianews managed to confirm the news we received a couple of days ago that a Syrian Navy boat destroyed an Israeli submarine off the Syrian coast at 150 meters depth on 02 May 2013 around 2 – 2:30 am. We were not told the type or size of the submarine but we were confirmed it was destroyed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything about this? I mean this is pretty big right?

Not surprising Israel would keep silent if this happened as it would be embarrising but at the same token, wouldn't it have been the perfect excuse to invade?

I know there are many people on this site that can get to the bottom of this story. THe source here is Syria News so...not sure how much stock to put into it.

www.syrianews.cc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This would be big, if true.
I would sure like to see independent confirmation of this.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Not surprising Israel would keep silent if this happened as it would be embarrising but at the same token, wouldn't it have been the perfect excuse to invade?

Because it probably happened within Syrian waters...and I doubt they had permission to be there. Just like how when Iran supposedly took down a US drone over their air space. We weren't supposed to be there...we were the invaders. It's no surprise that they haven't said anything and quite honestly if they knew they could deny it without being proven to be lying they probably would have just to save face and because they were violating a sovereign countries boarders.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is just propaganda. If this was true the US and Israel would be all over it, as mentioned it would be the perfect excuse for Israel to go into Syria with guns blazing.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So IF this is true, then it could explain Israel's bombing of the Syrian weapons facility the following day.

Israel Bomb Syrian Weapons Facility

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

yea knowing israel, if this had of happened, most of syira would be a smoldering cinder by now.
hard to believe that no other news agency has posted any thing.

more than likely some sort of propaganda.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armadall
I'm pretty sure this is just propaganda. If this was true the US and Israel would be all over it, as mentioned it would be the perfect excuse for Israel to go into Syria with guns blazing.

Not if they were some where they should not have been, or other circumstances which would catch them with their pants down.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

NO!

This is not a reason to invade as Israel has already attacked Syria several times.

If anything, Syria has the right to invade Israel, but they have shown restraint, plus they know better.

Syria pretty much has the moral high ground over Israel at the moment.

That being said, I wish none of this was happening at all, in fact, I am unsure if the news in this article is even true. If it is true, it is NOT an reason for Israel to invade Syria.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This would be huge if true. I hope we get some other sources. I agree with Houndog that Israel would have made a huge stink.

Originally posted by masta12d

Not surprising Israel would keep silent if this happened

to take the propaganda approach one could say.."Not surprising Syria would make it up"

Where is all the social media trending on an incident this big like we have seen with the Arab spring?

I'll wait and see.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone at ATS will have some info soon, I'll be checking back in on this one this is big if true.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Irk... this is rather dangerous sounding.. bumped wotta headache.
If Bibi just bought the four Nuke-Capable jobs from Germany and Syria
just sunk one of them, it's time for me to quit stirring soup and go buy
popcorn. UPDATE Just before 2PM CST Nothing on Harretz or the
J-Post. Tight lipped as usual-- and I'm not even looking on the Google
board for a US site throwing anything this nasty.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
good one syria if this is true
nice to give it to the bullies for a change

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Probably just a drone.

You know they got the ones for underwater now too.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just an excerpt from the article.

"...At the very beginning of the Syrian crisis, the Syrian Navy spotted a German navy ship on a reconnaissance mission and harassed it away, a German minister then complained of the Syrian Navy acts claiming the ship was not spying, just listening and collecting information!..."

Isn't "listening and collecting information" spying?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

if this true, and the sub was manned, sounds like WW III precursor
edit on 23-5-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not breaking.

Happened 3 weeks ago, if at all.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.upi.com...

So Israel has now proclaimed war.
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I read that link and could't find the "proclaimed war" part. can you show me...I am interested. The only thing close is the statement;

"These days a number of scenarios can lead to a surprise war," he told a security conference outside Tel Aviv Wednesday.

edit on 5/23/2013 by howmuch4another because: wrong quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join