It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Had The Means For A One-Way Trip To A New Earth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Say I had the means (it does not matter how I got it; just that I do) for a one-way trip to a new Earth which was entirely habitable, but uninhabited and that I was able to take as many humans (animals etc) as I wanted - would you wish to come (free trip - all expenses paid; awake for 6 months; stasis of 2 years; FTL travel ) if I offered to have you on board?

Or would you respectfully decline?

(Hypothetically, if I did have such means, I would ask the world's poorest and most diseased, as I would hypothetically have the tech to repair their DNA - i.e. cures etc, but only if they came; i.e. I shan't be giving out cures and repairing only for you then to remain on Earth).

Thoughts?
edit on 5/23/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Absolutely, I'd be willing to head to a new frontier, I'm weary of our world and it's problems.
edit on 23-5-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Double post

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TurtleSmacker

Good, good. It's good to see a first volunteer. The thing is, people can also bring their family, their dog, their cat - but what I'm trying to see also is whether some people are too comfortable and wouldn't want to leave.

I mean - there's even the option of being mildly rejuvenated (should you wish so) if you're "aged"...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You'd have to first send numerous ships with supplies, building materials, etc., unless you're going to start from scratch. I'd have to know more about what kinds of technology, amenities, etc. would be available. As for the diseased? Why not treat them here with such tech? Why expose it to a new ecosystem that could mutate it, and doom you all within months?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

As long as I can bring everything I need (livestock with enough feed for a year, seeds and farming tools, building and repair tools, medical supplies, etc; everything one would normally need to live until getting established). The condition would be that I and my entourage would be allowed to venture off and start our own community without interference from others (self rule). In return we would provide all of our own supplies and necessities and once established would be willing to forge trade agreements and defense alliances with those who share our interests.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That sounds like a suitable and agreeable arrangement and I'm sure if this were true, I would not hesitate in negotiating terms and whatnot.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Be sure I'd go!

Be a neat little trip, in all fairness I'd only need afew things I would want to take, knowing it would be a earth like planet I would hope I could survive there from scratch if need be.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would go! I wish I had been a pioneer exploring the new land of North America. A new life would be great! But can you also reverse aging with your DNA treatment? I would need to be 30+ years younger!

top topics

join