It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with new avatar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok, I'm not that great with this sort of thing, but I am basically trying to add a new avatar that is a small clip (video clip) but its size is 200x220 which is too big. I try to resize it, but everytime I resize it to, say, 160x180 the "motion" of the clip completely stops, and I am left with a still picture. So, is there a way to resize this small clip to use as my new avatar? I have seen other people use "clips" in their avatars before. Here is the website with the clip I want:
www.djangomontreal.com...

I want the one on the right hand side at the top of the web page. Here is the clips URL: www.djangomontreal.com...

If someone knows how to resize it, I would be most thankful as I am at a loss for what to do now....With my limited computer knowledge

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think motion avatars are animated .gif images. You would have to take the clip apart, frame by frame, convert the frames to photo format, and create an animated .gif from the frames. I'm pretty sure you couldn't use a .mov for an avatar.

I'm sure someone could do what is needed to make a motion avatar, but I don't know how.

I also don't know if SO is allowing animated .gifs as avatars anymore. I don't see many anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
PS- I have tried resizing it using the "BB Code" thing, as well as a Photosuite type of application and then uploading it to ATS...both with no luck!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I also don't know if SO is allowing animated .gifs as avatars anymore. I don't see many anymore.

Maybe not! If ATS is not, then its no big deal, I will just use a regular motionless avatar. Maybe this is just too much of a hastle to waste time on?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Give me some time, I may be able to help with this animated gif.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's exactly 160 pixels wide.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If you didn't get it off KL, I can email it to you. u2u me.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Kinglizard for the scaled down version...I really appreciate your help. Also, thanks to DeltaChaos and wecomeinpeace for your helpful information. Many, many thanks indeed!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Looks awesome Jazzerman! Good job KL!

top topics

join