It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superhero games banned in US pre-school after children's imaginations become 'dangerously overacti

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

They have a point.

I have seen children do some pretty stupid things on playgrounds. Sometimes its just a scratch, but its the times that end in a hospital could end up costing a lot of money.

This is all about liability and money. If you take away the liability of the institution, only good sense and reason would produce such play restrictions.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is a concern, and it's valid, over liability. In this day and age, a bloody nose, no matter how innocent, will be, or could be, cause for a lawsuit that could put a private school/day care out of business.

But I have to ask, is there such a thing as overly imaginative kids?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is simply ridiculous and a complete overreaction from the school's part.

I played super-hero type games CONSTANTLY in school as a young kid and never did it turn violent. If there was any violence at the school, they should discourage that and punish the child who was violent, but don't take away a good fun playtime game because of some random incident.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Really I don't have an issue with superhero or monster play that is something kids will do. But they do have a point on the wrestling and whether or not the other two involve some physical play fighting being the reason for concern here. Many young boys are fans of pro wrestling and commonly practice the moves on each other not realizing the physical damage they can do to one another. When dealing with children it is important to realize what we have to continually tell my nephews "play fighting always leads to real fighting".

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
This is simply ridiculous and a complete overreaction from the school's part.

I played super-hero type games CONSTANTLY in school as a young kid and never did it turn violent.

Just to put things into perspective a little, Batman then:

Batman now:

I believe political correctness is damaging. I also believe learning about the development of children into adults is very important for parents. The information needs to be learned from source material and/or mentors, winging it doesn't work...

The world is a troubled place and in the end, we are the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join