It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Push for Gun Control is Coming This Fall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Great thread Seabag

We might see a revolution in America after all

If that were to happen it wouldn’t be because of some extremist group or some gun huggers like me going ape-spit. It would be because the government declared martial law and began forcibly violating people.

The Second Revolution has already begun. It’s being fought between the states and the federal government. The states are beginning to say NO and take back some of the power stolen from them by the usurpers in DC. That is the only type of revolution I hope to see in my lifetime. The 10th amendment needs to be strengthened and the power brought back to the people.

The shots being fired, the first movements in a war to save our republican form of government are coming from the most unheralded of places. What is happening in Topeka, Austin, Ogden, Billings, Richmond and many other locales is just the beginning of a movement that will sweep this nation in the next four years. The people, in the form of their respective States and their State legislatures, are learning and relearning the lessons that Jefferson and Madison taught us over 200 years ago.

The lesson resides in one word: Just say "No."
www.americanthinker.com...

edit on 24-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Simply STUNNING, diver. The story implicates the Feds in unreasonable
sandbagging for no other reason [than] you know what's going on, and
you know why as well. Even their reticence to push the licensing through
with your credentials is not only rediculous but outrageous.

Before I go too much further-- thank you from my whole heart for your
service and extreme sacrifices. Moreover and back to your post: getting
those clearances in the first place make you not only a nonexistent
security risk: for God's sake you were there to prevent a Broken Arrow,
not cause one!

BATFE sitting on this is very telling on the rest of us-- because that means
there's something filling the sails right now that's pretty black and tan...
and it stinks. I hope you get appropriate assistance in your legal foray,
to quickly receive the certs and licenses to do your job.

And as you may also, I intend this Sunday to hoist one to absent friends.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The whole "clergy response team" thing has me unsettled. Iv'e had a feeling of... uneasyness at my Chuch the past 3-4 years. I'm not saying they are part of the CRT, but I have a... feeling that I can't shake. The teaching has been dumbed down. Lots of pastoral staff leaving, and leaving without having other jobs lined up. Elders leaving. Senior pastor left. New guy very young.

And then, last Sunday...

We were very tired from helping a relative move. We have a group from Church that meets once a week to discuss the sermon and delve deepr into th subject matter. Or we can do whatever passage we want.

So we listened on the net. Over and over an over, he emphsized serving "the common good".

That struck me as odd. The Common Good. It sounded... not right. I can't explain it.

A few weeks ago, we had a serving thing that we do periodically. This year instead of volunteering our services as nurses, doctors, fix it people and serving the disadvantaged that way, we worked for the city picking up trash. I found it odd that we did our volunteer work for the city instead of the poor. But that's more in line with the COMMON good.

Starting to make me wonder...

So we are looking for another Church.

I'm not saying that they are doing anything overtly wrong. I just can't shake this uneasiness I have. Something is telling me to go elsewhere. I've learned over the years to pay attention to that still small voice inside.
edit on 24-5-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

edit on 24-5-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just in time for Hunting Season - Should go over well.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

The whole "clergy response team" thing has me unsettled. Iv'e had a feeling of... uneasyness at my Chuch the past 3-4 years. I'm not saying they are part of the CRT, but I have a... feeling that I can't shake. The teaching has been dumbed down. Lots of pastoral staff leaving, and leaving without having other jobs lined up. Elders leaving. Senior pastor left. New guy very young.

And then, last Sunday...
Continued…..

WOW! That is a bit strange. Think about all of the people (especially on ATS) who think religion is nothing but a means of controlling people through lies and misinformation. Stuff like “Clergy Response Teams” certainly lends credence to that train of thought.

On the other hand, most Christians I know are very nice people and are always looking to be good members of the community. I can see church congregations and other religious organizations being naïve enough to actually believe they are doing a great deed by doing this. Another point……I’ve never heard ANY talk at church of the Constitution or the tyranny going on in our government.

Makes a person wonder!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Let them push away. The NRA and citizens will push back even harder.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Very good job on connecting some important dots Seabag, I dig your posts the more I see them, kudos.

I see what used to be babysteps towards taking liberties away turn into much larger leaps in the recent years. I do need to reread the Declaration and remind myself what the founders were dealing with, then compare it with what's happening now. I'm sure it will be educational and enlightening in a harsh way. But harsh is what's needed to wake up, like a really loud alarm when youre really really sleepy.

The people off the grid right now are wise to be where they are, NuclearDiver you got my respect, sounds like a great setup, but sorry to hear they denied your license for what you obviously love doing, just keep the passion for it somehow and the means will find its way back, possibly?

I don't have an ideal setup or sustainable lifestyle in the woods away from where chaos might arise, but I have some good supplies to get me thru some bad spells and hopefully get me to where I have friends who have prepared might let me squat for trading work/supplies/tools for a place to camp.

They are just itching to take our guns currently, and if we turn our backs they will certainly do so I feel. And they want more and more ways to classify American citizens as terrorists, so they can deny rights in the name of their 'war on terror'.

Since they have come up with that slogan I have been more wary of the US gov than any other entity on earth. They are an out of control trainwreck that will likely crash in the near future, almost like it was designed to self destruct. An animal that eats itself when its use is gone, scary and nuts kinda.

Anyways sorry to ramble, such a cool thread and the posts got me thinking, which means a really great thread.
Enjoy your weekend ATS

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

Thanks for the kind words…

Why, in the face of this mounting evidence, in the face of Feinstein saying she would take our guns if she had the votes, in the face of NDAA, in the face of countless pieces of legislation to strip us of our rights, do you think so many people adamantly deny this is going on???

It’s frustrating that some people act as though we’re paranoid or nuts for thinking this way even though the evidence is EVERYWHERE! I hope it turns out I am just a paranoid nut but I just don’t think that’s the case. When my wife tells me I was humming in a corner while banging my head against the wall and drooling on my shirt then I’ll be concerned.

Until then….I’m right!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Under the laws that stand today the government could use the military if a epidemic, or other serious public health emergency happened.

This would allow the government to secretly put a non lethal bio/chemical weapon in the tap water in a area then send troops in the remove the "sick" population till a cause was found
While the people are gone the troops/cops/agents could search and remove all weapons and then claim looters had hit the area.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not sure if this ties in directly but the 50th Anniversary of the JFK assasination is coming up November 23, 2013 - many researchers into JFK are concerned about some type of event this year to distract from the anniversary.

After all - JFK was going after The Federal Reserve, CIA and Globalism and they blew his head off for it. His assasination essentially kicked of all this bs going on today.
imo

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Aliquandro

Thanks for the kind words…

Why, in the face of this mounting evidence, in the face of Feinstein saying she would take our guns if she had the votes, in the face of NDAA, in the face of countless pieces of legislation to strip us of our rights, do you think so many people adamantly deny this is going on???

It’s frustrating that some people act as though we’re paranoid or nuts for thinking this way even though the evidence is EVERYWHERE! I hope it turns out I am just a paranoid nut but I just don’t think that’s the case. When my wife tells me I was humming in a corner while banging my head against the wall and drooling on my shirt then I’ll be concerned.

Until then….I’m right!

Babysteps towards totalitarianism, I think that's what a lot of the new agey types call it, but it's TRUE. Take large steps towards an evil goal and people notice, make those steps very very small and people will not take much notice to them (or just bundle them in to another piece of legislation that has a different agenda, what? crazy talk!). I understand this logic and realize it's used all the time. This is a really old hunting strategy/formula, predators use it, right?

Your awareness of this is NOT paranoia my friend (we are being hunted, so your instincts SHOULD kick in I would hope). Feel free to not be distracted by the zombies who just want their zombie routine. When I figure out the way to wake up zombies I'll be sure to share (ok probably a U2U)
Until then I'll keep my zombie disguise handy.

best regards

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Every day that goes by now, gun control is more and more dead.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I especially get mad at those people who think taking away guns, or controlling them, is okay. Because those who think this are completely against the Constitution of the US. And not only that, but what the Founding Fathers said regarding the 2nd amendment as well. That is unAmerican, anit-American, if I have ever seen it. The government is not that stupid either. They know that taking away guns from honest citizens is not going to deter or help crime in any manner. All it will do is cause more crime, plain and simple. Criminals will still get guns, and the only people who will give them up are the honest people. That is a fact, and it is just common sense as well.

So knowing that the government must know this, what are we supposed to conclude about their intentions? Their intentions are to take away the 2nd amendment so they can enact the very thing our Founding Fathers said would be enacted. They will attempt to take our guns so we have no way of preserving our democracy. As soon as guns are gone, and the people have no way to oppose tyranny, we will see what happens to this country. Are people just planning on "asking" the government to stop it when they begin oppressing citizens even more? That has been tried in the past, as have protests. How have those worked out? They haven't. Look at OWS, a huge movement. What did that accomplish? Nothing.

Not only that, but it was PROVEN that the government infiltrated the movement in a clandestine manner. This was a peaceful protest. They attempted to incite false flags to end the movement or make it look bad. And these are the same people you trust to run your government? The very people who wish to take away the one means you have of preserving democracy and liberty? Some people are just plain dumb if you ask me, because a 4th grader could understand what I am saying.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Aside from the obvious implications, your post is worrisome. You go through a set of points and then say, "Let's recap." Why do we need to recap unless there are some who your words are not already painfully obvious enough? And then after the "recap" you say, "Do I need to spell it out for you?" You just did spell it out for us. Let me point out something: Your job as a journalist/reporter/whatever you may call it, poster on this site for all I care, isn't to spell out and hand feed someone the conclusion your leading them to. Let them come to their own conclusion. For you to spoonfeed us your personal views this way is annoying and nothing to star.

And, I agree with you about all of this. But the babying and coddling of readers of this site is insulting. The recap itself was but then to spell it out. We can think for ourselves. We don't need you to write out the full implications of what you're saying.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Witness123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

Thanks for taking time to review my OP, professor. I'm glad you agree with my assessment. I will work harder on my delivery next time taking into account the points of your blistering critique. Condescension was not my intent so obviously I have some tweaking to do.

Regards,

Seabag

PS - What was my final grade?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No worries seabag. Perhaps the professor didn't need the recap or spell out, but there are many others that DO need it spelled out, in very large letters.

And to follow up on Aliquandros post. Baby steps have been taken for years. The larger leaps that we're noticing now are due, IMO, to the fact that TPTB have never been closer to their goal, and need to take as much as they can, while they can.

I fear they'll take that one step to far, and what may, or will, happen when they do.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the anti-gun crowd is still reeling from the magnitude of the defeat they were handed by the "Slaughter in the Senate". As stated here previously, they pulled all the stops to try and capitalize on the latest travesties and tragedies, and yet came away empty-handed at the federal level.

At the state level they railroaded legislation through in three states, but the most important of those was Colorado, opening the anti-gunner's "western front".

Even this may prove a pyrrhic victory: between the 2014 elections looming, recall efforts taking off, legal challenges, business leaving and boycotting the state, as well as sports tourism boycotts, and the sheriffs openly opposing these laws that were passed, Hickenlooper and friends are beginning to feel Bloomberg's comfy hot tub start to boil.

Add to this the fact that FINALLY that even the msm has called Obama and Biden on the phony and misleading statistics the left beat their drums with in this assault against the second amendment. Plus, again, FINALLY the msm might be giving them something else to worry over via actually beginning to cover things like the AP and Fox "bugging", and the IRS and Benghazi coverups.

Considering all that, I'd say while continued watchfulness is always the order of the day, it should be a while before any major new challenges build up a head of steam.

Always vigilant, but you can over sharpen any tool.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Baby steps have been taken for years. The larger leaps that we're noticing now are due, IMO, to the fact that TPTB have never been closer to their goal, and need to take as much as they can, while they can.

Well said!!

I think the uncertainty of their political future is going to drive them hard to ram as much through on as many fronts as possible before midterms. They’re even pushing some governors (governors who have their eye on the White House possibly) to back door their crap at the state level.

The rest of this year will be very interesting to follow with regard to the gun grab. I don't know what's to come but I do know one thing....it will be ridiculous!!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Witness123

Thanks for taking time to review my OP, professor. I'm glad you agree with my assessment. I will work harder on my delivery next time taking into account the points of your blistering critique. Condescension was not my intent so obviously I have some tweaking to do.

Regards,

Seabag

PS - What was my final grade?

Your grade should reflect that you have a dedication to carrying your point across, a heart for the people, and your willingness to improve upon your work in the future. I would compare the problem to writers like Limbaugh or Boortz whose books I felt were targeted, judging by their contents, to people who had scantly a third-grade reading level. It seemed deliberate that the author had felt it necessary to use language that could appeal to people who didn't have a high school diploma, which to me suggests that they don't have a very high view of their audiences. I feel like the same could be said of your post.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good thread.

All the more motivation for me to get my preps prepped properly and get a new house. All my stuff's in storage. Wouldn't do me any good if it happened right now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join