It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Push for Gun Control is Coming This Fall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

California Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, signed legislation Wednesday that will boost funding for state efforts to confiscate firearms from those prohibited by law from owning them

Heaven forbid we keep people from doing illegal things.

This is good news, there are way too many crazies out there armed to the hilt. Hopefully that's who they're targeting.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

That is a good thing. Why don't we start with our elected officials first?

This is good news, there are way too many crazies out there armed to the hilt. Hopefully that's who they're targeting.

Heaven forbid you're labeled one of those "crazies" because you disagree with your government. That's where this is heading.

It's sounds all well and good when the bad guys lose their guns (which will never happen) but its not as fun when you and your family are the bad guys. All you have to do is listen to Napolitano, Pelosi and Obama to find out who tomorrows bad guys will be.

When you advocate for the government stripping other people of their rights then you can't cry about it when that same government strips you of your rights. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

California Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, signed legislation Wednesday that will boost funding for state efforts to confiscate firearms from those prohibited by law from owning them

So, this will stop people from doing illegal activities???

You Progressives are a funny bunch. All emotion and no common sense.

edit on 24-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I heard a local talk show host speak about what the next push would be.
He had an interesting take on it. He thinks if they cant take them, then they will make it really expensive to own. He suggested that we may see insurance come into play. Where every gun has to have a 500,000 dollar (example) liability policy on it. And these policies could be very expensive. So if you have 8 guns and each one cost $150 a month in liability insurance your at $1200 a month. He also suggested that people buying what is percived as excessive ammunition may even pay higher rates.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The way things are going? Biden and Obama are going to be damn lucky if they still have offices to serve in, let alone the same faces on staff and in Cabinet positions come the fall. I'm unsure on the first..and pretty sure it's a NO on the second.

Unfortunately this agenda is far bigger and more powerful than those two goobers. Besides, Obama is not going to lose his office. He's untouchable!

edit on 23-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

At the current rate he will end up lame duck way before his time.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

At the current rate he will end up lame duck way before his time.

I would love to see that happen sooner rather than later. In fact, I'd love to see Congress take recess until the midterm elections, too.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The way things are going? Biden and Obama are going to be damn lucky if they still have offices to serve in, let alone the same faces on staff and in Cabinet positions come the fall. I'm unsure on the first..and pretty sure it's a NO on the second.

Get real, you know he's not going anywhere until his term is over.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

He had an interesting take on it. He thinks if they cant take them, then they will make it really expensive to own. He suggested that we may see insurance come into play. Where every gun has to have a 500,000 dollar (example) liability policy on it. And these policies could be very expensive. So if you have 8 guns and each one cost $150 a month in liability insurance your at $1200 a month.

He's right, and DC is already doing just that.

Washington, D.C. already has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country, but the city council is considering a bill that would require prospective gun owners to purchase a $250,000 liability insurance policy.
rt.com...

He also suggested that people buying what is percived as excessive ammunition may even pay higher rates.

That is already in the works, too.

Lawmakers looking to more tightly regulate firearms in the wake of the Newtown school shooting and other massacres are moving at the state and federal levels to introduce new taxes on firearms and ammunition.
The proposals range from the modest -- a proposed 5 percent tax in New Jersey -- to the steep -- a proposed 50 percent ammo tax in Maryland. The bills follow efforts to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines and expand background checks, measures that have had mixed success at the state level.
www.foxnews.com...

But have no fear, people!! According to many here on ATS and elsewhere, we're all just stupid and overreacting because the government doesn't want to disarm us!!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So glad that this will be the final push...

...getting real sick of hearing about it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

No need to participate in threads you have no interest in.

Especially when you add nothing to the debate.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So where are the church/state separatists and ACLU?

When they see a cross on city, state, or federal land, they scream loud that the church and state MUST remain separate. But when the federal government insinuates itself into the church, recruiting these clergy to do the states dirty work, where are they?

The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

No need to participate in threads you have no interest in.

Especially when you add nothing to the debate.

What debate?

You make a claim, a claim that is an entirely sensationalist prediction, which is just out of reach and will have died down long before the time frame comes into focus.

There is no debate outside of whether or not such posts should even be allowed on the forum, considering nothing like this adds to any level of remedy to any situation at all.

My interest comes from seeing stupidity in the form of Free Speech taken as stupidity.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well although I am concerned, I’m not completely worried. If they come and confiscate my registered weapons they can have them....but after they do Big Brother has just created a enemy of the state…Now I hate to say it but there are others that if the ATF came knocking on their door to surrender your weapons…. I’m sure a gun fight would ensue. Not the outcome that Big Brother would like…thousands of news story’s across the media about confiscation gun fights. This alone would stir the population into a frenzy…
And although I will not confirm or deny myself.. I would be willing to bet that most gun owners that surrender without issue also know where they can procure a weapon that may not be on the up and up….example how many gun owners have their grandfathers shotgun or hunting rifle that is or never has been in any data base (maybe hidden somewhere)…Hopefully Big Brother knows this and realize’ s that there will never truly be a unarmed United States…

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
He had an interesting take on it. He thinks if they cant take them, then they will make it really expensive to own. He suggested that we may see insurance come into play. Where every gun has to have a 500,000 dollar (example) liability policy on it. And these policies could be very expensive. So if you have 8 guns and each one cost $150 a month in liability insurance your at $1200 a month. He also suggested that people buying what is percived as excessive ammunition may even pay higher rates.

LOL that would be brilliant…now you just created a whole bunch of illegal weapon owners..I’m not worried about this happening…there is a rule right now for most insurance companies that if you own a certain type of dog you can’t be insured or you have to pay crazy amount of liability….but I know of at least a dozen people that seem to have those banned dogs and they are not paying anything extra..…so if they can’t even enforce that then good luck with enforcing one for guns…

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I do believe, unless the current administration gets impeached, that the next step in their gun control is to force gun owners to buy liability insurance for their guns. To put it in other words, only those who can afford the insurance will be legally allowed to have a gun. The rest of us peasants will be effectively disarmed.

They have already passed a law for all of us to buy healthcare insurance, don't think that they won't try to do it for firearms.

Just another reason to not register your firearms with the government.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Romeo1

Well although I am concerned, I’m not completely worried. If they come and confiscate my registered weapons they can have them....but after they do Big Brother has just created a enemy of the state…Now I hate to say it but there are others that if the ATF came knocking on their door to surrender your weapons…. I’m sure a gun fight would ensue. Not the outcome that Big Brother would like…thousands of news story’s across the media about confiscation gun fights. This alone would stir the population into a frenzy…

You’re correct that a door to door confiscation would create frenzy today. However, during a declaration of martial law, the news of individual confiscations won’t be disseminated quickly. We didn’t know about the Katrina confiscations until afterwards.

And although I will not confirm or deny myself.. I would be willing to bet that most gun owners that surrender without issue also know where they can procure a weapon that may not be on the up and up….example how many gun owners have their grandfathers shotgun or hunting rifle that is or never has been in any data base (maybe hidden somewhere)…Hopefully Big Brother knows this and realize’ s that there will never truly be a unarmed United States…

I’ll just say that everyone I know who has guns has prepared for this eventuality.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I do believe, unless the current administration gets impeached, that the next step in their gun control is to force gun owners to buy liability insurance for their guns. To put it in other words, only those who can afford the insurance will be legally allowed to have a gun. The rest of us peasants will be effectively disarmed.

They have already passed a law for all of us to buy healthcare insurance, don't think that they won't try to do it for firearms.

Just another reason to not register your firearms with the government.

That’s already happening right now as I posted above.

They're going to go all out and attack from so many fronts that some will take affect. They're going to Blitzkrieg the system and overwhelm us with laws.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I know, no laws on the books that I'm aware of, yet....

I hate to say it but I feel something drastic is going to need to be done in order to save this country. The Bill of Rights is being ripped to shreds, and most of us can't see what is happening because there is wool over their eyes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great thread Seabag

We might see a revolution in America after all

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join