It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Parliament member: The Banking system is a criminal scandal!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Is warner bros monopoly money based on gold?

Why should "real" currency be based on gold?

No one really knows if the gold at fort knox has been stolen or not. The rumors are it has, and the gold replaced with gold-platted tungsten bars worth almost nothing.

Someone should take a trip to cuba or north korea to figure out how banking works there and copy it for the rest of the world.

edit on 24/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah, banks are crooked, etc. But banks are run by people. Try as you may, it's exceptionally difficult to find a gentile among these bankers. Different story? No, not really. I don't think so.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It just dawned on me how better this world would have been had we not being paying interest on none existent money,

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
reply to post by TheBandit795

OH LOOK SOME RANDOM GUY STOOD UP AND SAID SOMETHING CONTROVERSIAL, HE'S A POLITICIAN SO IT MUST BE 100% TRUE AND PROOF OF A GREAT CONSPIRACY AFTER ALL POLITICIANS WOULDN'T LIE TO US OR EXAGGERATE OR JUST SHARE AN UNSUBSTANTIATED PERSONAL OPINION WOULD THEY???!!

/facepalm

Huh? You are not seriously defending banks (and central banks most importantly) are you? Honestly?

In Canada, finance minister Paul Martin was the one who pushed for deregulation and greater liberties for banks to use fractional banking, where, by lending you a thousand dollars, that became real money in the eyes of legislation which allowed them to borrow/lend on top of that, something like 10x greater.

Look at him spit and stutter when asked "Where does money come from?"

It's all BS. He knows it, the rest of them know it... They create the illusion of legitimacy which allows them to continue the fraud.

He says, "It's not fraudulent, because everyone understands it."

And later he says,

"Well, that happened because the people in charge didn't know what they were doing."

-

In regards to the OP, it is important because when a politician, or a leader, or someone's who's voice is recorded in public record, someone's voice who is the "be all and end all say" in public matters (Even though public opinion should have more worth) is the word that sets the standard.

It is the reason they (banks) are allowed to do what they do today, in the past, suggesting the current climate would be unthinkable.

It's kind of like how if you lit up a cigarette in a restaurant today that has a public smoking ban. What kind of reaction would you be met with? When I was a kid, it was standard practice to ask for "Smoking or non?" Where I am now, smoking indoors has been outlawed for about 10 years.

In any case, the gold standard might not be the solution, and it's not to say when under the gold standard, leverage wasn't used... The point, is that it's gotten out of control. And something needs to be done, for that to happen, yes you need politicians and legislators to get off their asses.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Someone should take a trip to cuba or north korea to figure out how banking works there and copy it for the rest of the world.

Something tells me that's not going to help anyone...

The won was revalued in November 2009[9][10] for the first time in 50 years.[11][12] North Koreans were given seven days to exchange a maximum of ₩100,000 (worth approximately US$40 on the black market) in ₩1,000 notes for ₩10 notes, but after protests by some of the populace, the limit was raised to ₩150,000 in cash and ₩300,000 in bank savings.[13] The official exchange rate at this time was around $740 but black market value of the ₩150,000 was estimated to be near $30.[14] The revaluation, seen as a move against private market activity, wiped out many North Koreans savings.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
It just dawned on me how better this world would have been had we not being paying interest on none existent money,

Actually the reason we pay lots of taxes is because the government has to pay interest on the treasury bonds as well as the principle upon maturity. The government taxes people to pay for its expenditures but when its running continous deficits then it needs to issue treasury bonds as well. Its like people living beyond their means and using their credit cards.

If government has monopoly of money supply it means government owns it and can collect interest from business and other private parties. You need money you go get a loan from the government directly and thus government makes a profit of you. This means less taxes need to be collected via other methods. Those that make more also pay more.

We probably pay at least twice as much in taxes overall then what we should pay due to private central banking.
There is a world of difference between private and public central banking!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Something tells me that's not going to help anyone...

The won was revalued in November 2009[9][10] for the first time in 50 years.[11][12] North Koreans were given seven days to exchange a maximum of ₩100,000 (worth approximately US$40 on the black market) in ₩1,000 notes for ₩10 notes, but after protests by some of the populace, the limit was raised to ₩150,000 in cash and ₩300,000 in bank savings.[13] The official exchange rate at this time was around $740 but black market value of the ₩150,000 was estimated to be near $30.[14] The revaluation, seen as a move against private market activity, wiped out many North Koreans savings.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think there has to be inflation or deflation of the VALUE of the currency. It can be fixed to the previous currency value or adjusted to be accurate. Before Euro currency could be accomplished all EU countries that wanted to join Euro currency had TO PEG their currency against the new Euro currency. Once that happened the value BECAME PERMANENT!

Changing the money supply up or down should not affect inflation. I am no financial expert but finance is not a perfect science anyway. I think a lot of things are wrong with how economies are created and how economies are analysed by the experts. They have been indoctrinated with false ideas and then they spread them to everyone else. The current model pushes for economic growth and then shrinkage, aka bubbles to make investors rich. We don't need continous growth if the population remains steady or shrinks. In other words its complicated but we are not given the truth of the matter at all, so I can only speculate.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

What would happen if we all would print money and all spend it on the same day . they can't arrest us all right..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
EU Parliament member: The Banking system is a criminal scandal!

No #, Sherlock!!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

So, the Federal Reserve can "create" a million dollars, then LEND it to the U.S. Government (with interest) for a total cost of $230.

Annnnd, where do they get this 230 bux?
Total cost = $0.00

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by pstrron

We should all march with handcuffs and let them know that the people will no longer put up with such corrupption.

Something must be done soon before its too late.

Wearing handcuffs? Or bringing them with to detain "them"?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When we owe more money than exists there is some serious bs going on.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho, I agree 100%, but why would they ever want to do anything?

As it is now they're making lots and lots of money, and it's what talks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The central banking act was established when literacy rates were probably around 0.1%.

If you explained the banking system to the average 8th grader I'm sure they would have no trouble realizing that it is either a huge mistake or gigantic fraud.

If everyone paid back their debts to the bank there would be no money left in society and we would still end up owing.

I am pretty certain that if there was no interest based banking then there would be no need for income tax.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip

I don't know why, but this made me laugh lol!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip

Indeed they are called *notes* for a reason. That means everyone owes money on the money issued in the first place. Like treasury notes or mortgage notes etc.

Maybe we need tokens instead. Like the arcade ones!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by boncho

boncho, I agree 100%, but why would they ever want to do anything?

As it is now they're making lots and lots of money, and it's what talks.

Who gives a # what a handful of crooks want? Its what the majority want and if they can't get it you can bet there will be a lynching in the future, assuming enough people wake up. Tar and feather would be nice then set those pricks afire.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

That's a mighty big assumption there.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, just practical.

When can I get my stick & marshmallows ready?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison

That's a mighty big assumption there.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, just practical.

When can I get my stick & marshmallows ready?

When the majority decide to. I am no dictator pal!

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I know you aren't.

I'll believe it when I see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join