It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Newspapers Line Up to Praise Muslim "Holocaust" Denial.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Using religion to vindicate your deeds and the causes for your deeds are two entirely separate things and should not be confused.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I suggest people read the context of this OP from Springer very carefully

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

We don't do hate speech on ATS. There are plently of cess pits on the internet where people can spout such things, but not here.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There's an article doing the rounds on social networks. it claims to be wrote by Dr. Emanuel Tanay, but its actually wrote by Paul Marek, he wrote it in March 2007 under the title of "Why the Peaceful Majority is Irrelevant".
The article makes some interesting points and is worth a read (it's a bit lengthy)

Link: www.israelnationalnews.com...-dYSpwbVI

I've taken an passage from the original article (I think there's 2 versions doing the rounds) that I think relates to what your saying.

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt; yet, for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points. Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by the fanatics. Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don’t speak up, because, like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun

edit on 24-5-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The image of Islam that a lot of people in west love to hate is been created and fabricated by the western countries during the 20th century...Al Qaeda,Taliban and a lot of bearded angry rag men ready to blow themselves up are the product of TPTB's imaginative minds with help from Hollywood and the media....Nothing will change,unless we change our perspectives.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

You don't get it, the terminology for the denial by a whole religious demograph for the crimes in which they are complicit doesn't exist "Holocaust denial" is the closest terminology the person who wrote the article could use to approach (A) The scale of denial, and, (B) The severity of their dis-association from the reality of the radicalisation, and, the truth in action of that same radicalisation, with the concurrent responsibilities and outcomes.

This is a syntactically muddled paragraph, but from what I can see you are attempting to suggest that the "whole religious demograph"[sic] - ie all muslims - are "complicit" in this crime.

That's absolute nonsense, even by the standards of your tortured logic. Almost every major social and religious body pertaining to Islam in the UK has condemned the murder in the strongest possible terms. No facet of mainstream Islam has done anything except express abject disgust.

And where do you get your understanding that most of the muslims are peaceful?.
At best anyone who is in denial of the acts are at best complicit, and those who won't condemn them, are also complicit.

Sort of. But those people are in a tiny minority. Pretending that most muslims are bloodthirsty maniacs is a simple lie. And trying to create the impression that a billion people are responsible for a murder by failing as a group to satisfy your (invented) criteria for apology is mendacious.

What would satisfy you that an individual isn't complicit? Should all muslims sign a letter of condolence? Or perhaps they have to come to your house and tell you in person?

I haven't seen a personal apology from you condemning the activities of Fred Phelps. Am I free to assume you are complicit in his outrages?

And please show me with links the most retarded aspects of christianity in action, as far as i can see things like.

Genesis 19:8

“Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”
Have become nothing more than talking points for christian scholars as the christian faith has modernised, unfortunately however, From WikiIslam, the online resource on Islam Islamic Witch Hunts (United Kingdom)

you see although "Christianity" has some very stupid edicts, the progressives have made the rest see sense, and the worst parts of the bible have literally been left in the dust.

why can't Islam own up to the fact that it is NOT the perfect religion of peace, also, that they deceive themselves, and become P R O G R E S S I V E and modernised.

is that too much to ask a bunch of medieval bandits in a country of the 21st century?.

So let me get this straight. All muslims adhere to and are responsible for the crazy stuff in the Quran because it's there. But the presence of crazy stuff in the Bible is evidence of Christians' moderation?

Islam is arguably a less progressive religion as a whole than Christianity. But I don't see much that's liberal or free-thinking in swathes of christianity or the way it acts to legitimise barbarian foreign policy or repressive social engineering (big cheer for the anti-contraceptive movement in Africa, for example).

If you want to drill down to individual atrocities and then try to link them to the participation of an entire, enormous, diverse religion then I'm afraid I can't see the point. I fail to see for example, what the sexual abuse of minors by Catholic priests has to do with my Christian cousin.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or what the exorcism and eventual murder of Kristy Bamu by his Christian Zealot relatives has to do with the an anglican in Australia.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Or how christians in, say, China should go about apologising for the activities of Warren Jeffs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just as I fail to see what a lamentable murder in South London has to do with a Malaysian businessman or an Indonesian pastry chef. If it's just that they share a religion - well, my mother shares a religion with David Koresh, but she has yet to hole herself up and start stockpiling guns.

I think that for some reason you are asking more of individual muslims than you are of Christians. For some reason they all share complicity, whereas Christians don't. Why do you think this? Is it simple prejudice?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Why do you think this? Is it simple prejudice?

Ah, just read the rest of the thread. Yep, it's simple prejudice.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Junior disco i think you failed to see the point, he didn't post the "syntactically innacurate" per-sage, he lifted from an outside site and posted it in toto.
so if you think it is inaccurate take it up with the guy who posted it on his site originally, he did state "This is quoted text", "from an external site".
I get the impression, he had seen something that was agreeable with his personal point of view, and attempted to allow it to present a personal state of mind and position, *(isn't this why we all use "agreeable" off site quotes?") and it did go some way to saying what he really felt.
It is unfortunate that now he has been banned for a post which was an extreme T+C of violation?, he can't quote you directly and reply.

I wonder how many times you have tried a hit piece on a banned member?.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

how do you know that he does not have ANY muslim friends?, i KNOW for a fact he lived in LEICESTER for a number of YEARS and has many Muslim friends.

He even attended a mosque on the evington road in leicester for a few years.

And what makes you such a know it all as to what he REALLY meant?.

edit on 31-5-2013 by cwtchMahboner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwtchMahboner
Junior disco i think you failed to see the point, he didn't post the "syntactically innacurate" per-sage, he lifted from an outside site and posted it in toto.

No he didn't. The paragraph I refer to is his own work. Use your eyes.

so if you think it is inaccurate take it up with the guy who posted it on his site originally, he did state "This is quoted text", "from an external site".

Wrong. And obviously so. Did you actually read it.

It is unfortunate that now he has been banned for a post which was an extreme T+C of violation?, he can't quote you directly and reply.

I wonder how many times you have tried a hit piece on a banned member?.

Yes, it's me who is the bigoted one. I'm clearly at fault.

Look, it's pretty obvious from my second post that I wrote the response before I realised he'd been banned.

And "hit piece". Do me a favour.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwtchMahboner
reply to post by JuniorDisco

how do you know that he does not have ANY muslim friends?,

I don't. Which is why I never mentioned anything about his friends.

Sorry, I have to ask - what on earth are you basing your responses on? You seem unable to pick up fairly basic sense from what's in front of you.

And what makes you such a know it all as to what he REALLY meant?.

edit on 31-5-2013 by cwtchMahboner because: (no reason given)

Admittedly his english is bad, but what I do is read what he writes and work it out from that. You should try it some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join