It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the ammo shortage? one possible explanation.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am sure many here on ATS have opinions about Ed Dames and his "Killshot" prediction. I do not want to believe it but it could be true. What we believe is irrelevant. If the government believes what Dames and his team have foreseen they would prepare.

This would explain the governments thirst for ammo if they believe that there would be a severe disruption to supplies. If that disruption shutdown these manufacturers it certainly would effect the rest of us.

I don't know if this Killshot will happen but if the government believes in the RVing program they would take it seriously and prepare according to a rough time line predicted by people like Dames.

learnrv.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think the Government shortage of ammo is strictly a market game to run US out of the ability to continue stockpiling..as has been happening to various degrees since before he was elected the first time. I suppose he got tired of watching a populace stockpile SO high that ANY law he actually managed to pass was totally irrelevant to what people already had in their closets and garages.

Of course, it's closing the barn doors days after the horse is gone and never to be seen again...but that's the definition of Government logic, all too often.

The fact is..we were at a level of seeing ammunition beyond what troops use in active war, per man, for a decade or more war in length ....last year. That was several HUGE orders ago. So we're now to the absurd level of numbers sufficient to stockpile that level of ammo in MULTIPLE places ..as if the whole U.S. Government might come to rely on just one regional stockpile rather than the national chain ..and even THAT type of thinking is starting to reach it's limits for ammo that can ever really BE used by even THIS Government in reasonable years of a lifetime.

Every time the Private Sector looks to have their head just clearing above water to get ammo back on the public market? WHAM! How about another purchase order for hundreds of millions or another Billion rounds, eh? That'll knock production back down for a few months! ....and it does precisely that. As intended. Who knows? They'll probably end up throwing most of this ammo in the crapper since they don't seem to be USING it and I'll just bet Uncle Sammy is his usual incompetent self about proper storage and handling of such MASSIVE stockpiles.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh goodness, remote viewing again...YAAAWWWNN....
astral projection, remote viewing...pure rubbish.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't know the theory and welcome your explanation of the kill shot theory =)

However, I would opine that the USA folks in general probably have the easiest (legal) access to guns and ammo as opposed to probably anywhere else in the world.

Since it is legal, the US government is performing legal tricks to keep the guns and ammo out of the hands of their population.

They know what's coming...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well I have to say I'm still a bit in the dark about how this ammo shortage thing is supposed to work off of government ammo purchases. The only way it even begins to make sense is if the mfg. are cutting production in order to accommodate massive government orders. My understanding is that we're talking about IDIQ contracts for 5 years or so with stated maximums and unpublicized or unknown minimums. I'll buy that the government purchases could impact .223, .308, .338LapuaMag, .50BMG, .45acp,9mm, .357 Sig, .40 SW - and a few other calibers - but .22LR? .38spl/.357mag? .25-06? 7.62x39?

I don't buy across the board shortages in all calibers are induced by government future delivery contracts for select calibers. Just my 2 cents.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

join