It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privitized Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
With the success of the first civilian space shot. Can you see a larger role of corporate space besides giving low orbit rides for the rich?

I wonder if a profit could be made, say by a conglomeration of certain corporations INTeL, MicroSoft, Boeing etc, mining asteroids or the moon within the next hundred years.

Reminds me of the Sci Fi movies where corporations rule space and create colonies and all the problems are left on the earth.

Just musing.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The ONLY way we can hope to go into space is if they DO find a way to make a profit off of it. If a company can make a dollar on it within a few years you will see hotels on the moon. There is NOTHING a government can do that privite enterprise cant do twice as fast for 1/10 of the cost

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I agree with Amuk, if the cash signs flow, Private Enterprises will soon march behind it, scooping them up. I believe Private Enterprises will be the ones that Venture into the Depths of the space first.

Amuk said that P.E.'s can do them almost twice as fast for quite less of the cost. A whole lot of less paper work for a business to do something then a Government Venture I think. And the Government will allow them, just because of the fact I think they will try to somehow tax the living Bajezus out of it.

But in all reality I think it's better for P.E.'s to do it then Government. If they have something to hide, they charge you more and you see it. The Gvt will never show it. Plus hey, I'd love to work in space. I'm sure PE's would be a lot less restrictive then th Gvt would be on that.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its Already Happening... Super rich boy Sir Richard Branson who owns Virgin Everything has now Copyrighted Virgin Galactic and is in talks with the gang at scaled composites(makers of spaceshipone) to commercialize space travel.

top topics

join