It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have been duped! We have all the power that matters after all...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There is a lot of confusion on this forum!
We all want the same thing: to feel good emotions
Love, euphoria, peace, tranquility, joy, enthusiasm, etc. etc.
Everything we do has this purpose: to feel good emotions and avoid bad emotions, or at least not let the bad emotions take hold of us.
Money, friendships, romantic relationships, employment, positions of power, writing, reading, spirituality, meditation, out of body experiences, listen to music, you name it - all human activities have that goal.
It is also aiming to feel good emotions that we use the brain.
Intelligence, rationality, knowledge, these are mere instruments to achieve always the same end result: good emotions
Good emotions are the prize, intelligence, rationality and all the situations, events, creations and human activities are the means to reach the prize.
Metaphysics, spirituality, new age, philosophy, meaning of life, the afterlife, reincarnation, what are we looking for with all this?
Good emotions: peace, calm, joy, enthusiasm, love ...
Everything we do has that conscious or unconscious intention - to feel good!
Ok, now that we realized what we are doing here, now that we realized what the purpose is, lets think about emotions. How do they work? What causes emotions?
The emotional mechanism is very simple: our attention / consciousness receives an impression and react with a trial: something happens, we focus on something - is it good, bad, is it more or less? From our negative, positive or neutral reaction, the corresponding emotion is created.
Lets suppose I have a car accident. Oh my god what a terrible thing (bad emotion)
But i can react differently - accidents are normal, they are part of life and it's just one more thing to deal with, one more problem to solve, it's a challenge and I love conquering my challenges. And I will learn from this, get tougher, be stronger (this reaction creates good emotions, acceptance and enthusiasm for wanting to live and win one more challenge)
In both cases the event is the same but my reaction differs. It is I who have created the emotions with my positive or negative reactions! The event does not have that power, I did it to myself!
How i looked at the event created the emotions. The event itself doesnt have that power.
But we have been deceived. They dont teach this in school or in TV!
Believing that emotions are created by external events beyond our control, we have been wasting our emotional power. We have been slaves because we don't control these events.
We were as addicts, dependent on external events to be emotionally satisfied.
We´ve been after money, power, possessions, love from others, admiration from others, respect from others... We're looking for emotions outside of ourselves. But they depend only on us, we are responsible, we are to blame!!.
The hatered you feel about this cruel world and this cruel people is your fault. You think of it negatively, you choose not to like it.
You cannot realize that this world is difficult to challenge us, to make us grow, to make us overcome temptations. To know what life really is, we have to go through the opposites (light, darkness, fear, courage, love, hatered). To really know what it is, we have to live what it is not.
Duality allows us to know much better about light, because we also know about darkness.
Plus, those who are put in darkness and learn to create light are real magicians, they are Godlike: This world allows us to learn it, it allow us to grow. Light - good emotions - is not offered, we have to conquer it by learning out to create it)
Again, the problem is not the world, it is how we see it, how we value it.
The depression you feel is not because your girlfriend left you (example), it's your fault because you need someone to love you in order to love yourself, you will seek the esteem of others to believe you are ok, to believe you are worthy. You have to love yourself, appreciate yourself for all that you are, with your faults and qualities, but you have to love all that you are, you'll see that it hurts less when you learn about self-esteem!

The prize (good emotions) its we who give it to ourselves by the way we like events and situations or not
Like or dislike, its our choice.
Nobody forces us to dislike, to look only at the negative side.
Be positive, believe, appreciate, be grateful, love others, love yourself, be free, be brave, realize that everything is constantly changing and we should not cling too much on anything, that we are the creators of emotions, that physical pain can be imposed but psychological suffering is optional (though sometimes we are not able to apply this).
It is up to us to go through the negative side, be able to walk it, and learn to control ourselves, to deliberately and willingly choose the positive side.
The great work is to be placed in the dark and be able to choose light, to create light in the darkness, to become creators of light.
Because the light is in us, we just have to realize that we can choose between darkness and light, good and evil, between the positive and negative.
We are not doomed to luck and unluck, we are not dependent on external factors we cant control.
The grand prize is to be able to control our emotions, be able to create good emotions regardless of what happens.
When we achieve this, we have all the power that matters: the power to create light (good emotions, positivity, happiness).
Then, we become masters of our destiny, captains of our ships.
(this is kind of a rant, but i think it belongs here)
edit on 23-5-2013 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Much wisdom here.

I think it is written in the human being (and all living beings in general) to go towards happier emotions and to stay away from unhappy emotions. The unhappy ones hurt. You can feel it in your stomach (fear, hatred/anger), in the throat (sadness), so many different areas.

"Everything changes so do not get to dependent on it for happiness" (I'm paraphrasing)

Very good advice. Focus on Presence (Here/Now) appreciate what is here, then as thing continue to change appreciation will continue to happen.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for your compliment.
I see so many ideas, so many thoughts and theories, but it all really comes down to deal with energy (emotions) interacting with a ever changing reality which we cant and will never control because the challenge is to realize that all that we want is in us, and can be created by us.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The fact is that flags make the threads visible, they are needed to spread the message.
But this one is not being flagged so its not spreading. But i think this message is much more valuable than other threads around with plenty of flags...
Maybe i should stop preaching these things, no one cares, so if i don't have an audience, why am i talking?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
S & F !!
This is a conversation worth having.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
S and F
absolutely worth discussing.

I am learning about esoteric systems of faith such as Gnosis, Kabbalah... anyway, a common theme is a denial, of sorts, of good and evil as we may understand such. Instead, beings/souls/spirits are polarized as STS (service to self) and STO (service to others). I see it as a more elegant understanding of what we call good and evil. An "STS" being will have a darker reason for being (the drive to only feed the self) and an "STO", conversely, has a lighter reason for being (the drive to help others)... these spiritual systems also focus inward toward self spirituality ... no organization as a practicing group religion. It's pretty interesting stuff...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Don't let the lack of responses discourage you. It was the answer to a question I had been asking myself recently. Others may feel the same, but aren't speaking up.

Thank you for posting it.

S & F

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hey, this thread had some activity after all, thanks, its just that, when one talks, someone listening is expected.
Thanks for listening

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The grand prize is to be able to control our emotions, be able to create good emotions regardless of what happens. When we achieve this, we have all the power that matters: the power to create light (good emotions, positivity, happiness).

This is a pure mental game to play on oneself. In the realm of mind, there is no such thing as positive without negative. There is no such thing as a mind that generates only positivity. And any resemblance of it, is a con game. If we limit the focus and experience of our life to the thoughts rattling around in the mind, the battle of Possitive vs. Negative will be an un-ending one. Transcendence of mind is the very key. Im not talking about enlightenment, or God realization...false self recognition should be more than sufficient to end ALL of your searching, life-coping mind games and philosophical nonsense.

Truth , the one that liberates you from this spiritual, hamster wheel-like hell, the one that allows you to live at ease and with joy everlasting, does not require all of this focus and disciplined tussle and toil with the Mind.
edit on 26-5-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

The grand prize is to be able to control our emotions, be able to create good emotions regardless of what happens. When we achieve this, we have all the power that matters: the power to create light (good emotions, positivity, happiness).

This is a pure mental game to play on oneself. In the realm of mind, there is no such thing as positive without negative. There is no such thing as a mind that generates only positivity. And any resemblance of it, is a con game. If we limit the focus and experience of our life to the thoughts rattling around in the mind, the battle of Possitive vs. Negative will be an un-ending one. Transcendence of mind is the very key. Im not talking about enlightenment, or God realization...false self recognition should be more than sufficient to end ALL of your searching, life-coping mind games and philosophical nonsense.

Truth , the one that liberates you from this spiritual, hamster wheel-like hell, the one that allows you to live at ease and with joy everlasting, does not require all of this focus and disciplined tussle and toil with the Mind.

I never said negative would disapear.
What i say is that i want to find positivity in life events.
Why?
Because the emotions depend on how i look at life.
Its that simple!!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Very insightful and true.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You people think that mind judges, judging creates polarity, so the secret is to get rid of the mind...

Thats a mistake because we are always judging everything we put our focus on.

When you say that something is not good nor bad, you are judging it as a 0 thing in the judgment scale.

Imagine that judgment scale goes from -100 to +100.

When you avoid judging you are on the 0. What kind of emotion is created by 0?

Neutrality, apathy, indifference, lethargy, unconcern, insensibility, torpidity, phlegm, coldness, boredom???

I prefer the positive emotions like:

Love, Joy, Gratitude, Serenity, Interest, Hope, Pride, Amusement, Inspiration, Awe.

These emotions require that i judge reality as positive.

I have to go to the +emotions.

What i meant is that if i make an effort to see the positive side of things, i generate positive emotions because its our negative, positive or neutral judgment that creates negative, positive or neutral emotions.

You guys prefer the 0 emotions, keep it going...

I prefer the + emotions, so i try to make + judgment of life events, 0 is not enough for me.

Take care

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would like to say that to a great extent I agree and try to practice what you have spoken of. I will say that the idea of judgement is one of the most perplexing paradoxes that I currently face. I think we can safely say that the statement that says no pain no gain is for the most part a true statement and therefore unfortunately we must endure a certain amount of negative emotions during our lives here. I know that you agree that some pain is unavoidable. Where my greatest frustratioin stems from currently is not knowing whether all things in this present life can be reconciled ( looked at in a way that justifies) or if judgement in the sense of rejecting behaviours and consequently individuals is neccessary.

I do place a great deal of faith in the bible as containing eternal wisdom and judgement is a foundational theme within it. It also says that offenses are neccessary but woe unto those by whom they come. It says that God's throne is founded on justice and mercy and that mercy triumphs over judgement. But...the only way that mercy can triumph over judgement is when a guilty (all of us in varying degrees) person realizes their mistakes/tresspasses and repents (turn away from) of them. I am convinced that the reason there is so much tension and frustration within the human experience right now is because of the unrepentent individuals on the earth and the delay of the execution of justice. Therefore although i feel that to some extent we can alleviate our sufferings by adopting advanced ways of looking at various circumstances the fact remains that we are all keenly aware of the injustices existing all around us and of their (at this time) deferred judgement. until either universal repentence occurs ( I don't believe it is a realistic option) or judgement takes place there will be no deep seated lasting peace here. And therefore we will be subject to negative emotions until such a time takes place. I see the judgement as a neccessary and positive thing. I would like to qualify what I mean by judgement by saying that I do not believe in eternal punishment for finite tresspasses. I believe that even those that our condemned as a result of their choices /roles in this life will be brought to repentance/reformation through the judgement process. there is more i could say regarding this but i am presently out of time.

Harry
edit on 26-5-2013 by HarryJoy because: typo correction

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The grand prize is to be able to control our emotions, be able to create good emotions regardless of what happens.

A pedophile argues this logic, no?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

A pedophile argues this logic, no?

What?

top topics

join