It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldiers told not to wear uniform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... =uk

So the muslims have won their first little battle with Brits and americans first the Boston Bombers shutting down a city and now military are being pushed to be undercover.
Has the pride of the miltary gone?

I am wondering how long they will be uncover for.

We are all travellers in the dark who knows where our destination is.
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

As I understand it, the military are being advised to not wear uniform when off duty. This does not mean they have gone 'undercover', during the troubles this was common practice as republican paramilitaries were known to target them... don't know were you got your info from but you seem to have missed the point. respectfully....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Yeah, someone sure won phase one of the battle. Convincing everyday people that this is a war against a religion. It's a bunch of fanatics that don't even practice the religion they claim to be fighting for.

But whatever, it's much easier to have an enemy with brown skin to point at.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NoTarSed

Respectfully read the op link before you post.

Op it also says government might overturn that. As I think they should.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Good job Tax collectors dont have a uniform.....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I suggest they suit up, and take to the streets.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ooh they want to reverse that decision quick smart. From the added text to the article, it seems they will do so but it has not been done yet.

So are they going to be forced to admit that British citizens are in danger in their own country by elements of sub-cultures that refuse to accept Britain or western society?

Sod that, I'd be wearing a full kit just to go buy milk.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Well, they cant.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoTarSed

As I understand it, the military are being advised to not wear uniform when off duty. This does not mean they have gone 'undercover', during the troubles this was common practice as republican paramilitaries were known to target them... don't know were you got your info from but you seem to have missed the point. respectfully....

Which is the definition of terrorism is it not? If military members cannot go out in full garb, they are being advised out of fear for their safety. While I agree that the war on terror has been fabricated, or at least encouraged by policies or blowback, it's very real. And there are very real threats from Islamic fundamentalists.

Ask yourself why so many muslims moved to the UK, but want to live under Sharia law still. They used to call those people spies back in the day when Russian communities popped up in the US. One of the reason there were Japanese internment camps in the US during WWII, which unfortunately targeted many innocent people as well.

Just because the issue is poorly handled though, does not mean that all muslims are benign. The muslim leaders IMO, need to speak out more condemning radicals, and do more to stop the radicalization of youth.

0,2 cents.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yeah, someone sure won phase one of the battle. Convincing everyday people that this is a war against a religion. It's a bunch of fanatics that don't even practice the religion they claim to be fighting for.

But whatever, it's much easier to have an enemy with brown skin to point at.

But they had black skin.

Boy I do wish they'd stop making all the good muslims look bad. One of these days I'm expecting a whole group of good muslims to protest about the constant maligning and disrespect brought on them by these fakers.

it'll happen though, won't it? one day?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Camerons overturned it.
Besides British Soldiers have been warned off wearing their uniforns out and about for years, that was nothing new. Ya know it wasn't really a suprise concidering the IRA did stuff like blow the front out of the squaddie pub just up the road from where yesterdays event occurred. Cadets aren't supposed to arse around the streets in their uniforms either, rule was donkeys old.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

the article says nothing like what you suggest. There is no new information that we didn't have yesterday. Can't be bothered to engage in a debate on an idiotic level, all i'll say is that in the past there have been a number of machette attacks in the area i live and none of them were considered terrorist incidents, nor should they have been. Good day to you. don't let fear control your thoughts. We are all safe...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well they are ethno centrics. Like they think where ever they go their whole culture norms have to follow.

link   
reply to post by boncho

Speak out more? What do you think words will accomplish? They never protest these extremists. You get an apology and a that isn't how Islam is every time something like this happens. That's all we'll ever get out of these "counsels".

Get used to it. Killer said it himself. No one is safe anywhere and it won't be the politicians that die, but us.

link   
Like I said, they've been warned not to wear their uniforms for yeeeeeeeeeeeeears.
Dave's actually just said, "Stuff that, let them wear them and bollocks to nutters".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoTarSed

Article clearly states they are not to wear uniforms or day rut sacks. Government might overturn it. Go head. Go read it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That woman mother of two faces the woolwich murderer if she can so can others. I mean courage pays off..

Fear breeds more fear.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I think your right to say that the "muslims" have won the first battle. The British Government is sh*****ing itself, and it seems the military too.

With the recent popularity surge of UKIP plus the clumsy stupidity of yesterday, extremism is going to be fed. The government are obviously worried about "race riots", which could get particulary nasty.but people are fed up in the UK.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm not saying I'm scared or to be scared. Just was trying to state that words aren't going to change anything. The politicians condemn it, this Muslim counsel condemns it. It'll stop nothing and no action will be taking because it doesn't affect these people or there families.

I've spent my time down range in ME. Trust me, I know what courage can overcome.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Yes, understand. Its action follow words. Not nonchalantly trying to change topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join