It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incapacitating Debt as the Cause of London Beheading?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So much speculation based on the ramblings of a madman. Acts like these are committed to divide communities.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What I don't get is why some folk are looking for excuses for what these lunatics did! They are cold blooded murderers no matter what their reason! And there is no logic to saying it is because of debt!
I live in Africa, I am in debt, I stress every day on how I am going to survive from one paycheck to the next but I don't walk around with machetes chopping innocents up on the streets!
What would I achieve if I did? Nothing!
I would end up in jail and just be another cause of stress and worry for my family and friends!
These two men have achieved nothing but cause more anger towards Islam and sometimes one can't help BUT feel anger and hatred!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
What I don't get is why some folk are looking for excuses for what these lunatics did! They are cold blooded murderers no matter what their reason! And there is no logic to saying it is because of debt!
I live in Africa, I am in debt, I stress every day on how I am going to survive from one paycheck to the next but I don't walk around with machetes chopping innocents up on the streets!
I would end up in jail and just be another cause of stress and worry for my family and friends!
These two men have achieved nothing but cause more anger towards Islam and sometimes one can't help BUT feel anger and hatred!

Don't worry my friend. I love Africa and African people. I have many African friends.

This is NOT an Africa thing. This guy did not chant "I do this in the name of Mama Africa". He chanted that he did it in the name of Allah!

The people here, in the UK and the world (well the people who matter anyway) are bright enough to differentiate.

Haile Selassie is The King of My God and Jesus. If they followed Jesus and Haile words there would be TRUE peace.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Thanks, I do understand that, but trying to peg this to Africa's Debt problem is just so far-fetched it's laughable except for the fact that this is no laughing matter!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I do not need to look for an excuse, I already understand that this was caused by a fundamental extremist. Excuse me for not automatically assuming that all terror events are Jihad. It may be Jihad, there is a strong possibility even but why assume it has to be?

Why do you say there is no logic in saying it is because of debt? The debts that my country has imposed upon some African countries is horrendous. I am not illogical to assume people could be angered by it, as much as people are angered by western interferance in ME.

Why are you telling me about your circumstances if you are not an extremist anyway? That's like a Muslim saying there is no Jihad because they themselves wouldn't do it. I'm not blaming random innocent Africans like you, I am talking about people with a different mindset that happen to be Muslims from a country disabled by UK and it's own government.

There is no sense in being offended by my post, I was talking about the killers backgrounds and psychopathy, not generally bashing either Muslims or Africans. However, if you are offended I am sorry for it. I only wanted to voice my questions about a hateful crime.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Onami

No offence taken OR meant and I apologise if I did offend you! What I was trying to say, obviously not very well, is that there are many countries in Africa which have been saddled with debt by other countries and might I add that some African countries are saddled with debt by their own African neighbours but you don't hear about Africans from, excuse the phrase, non-muslim countries carrying out these types of acts in the name of a holy war of whatever religion or economics which have been forced upon us! That is why I question a countries debt as being a valid reason!
edit on 23/5/13 by wiser3 because: Spelling AGAIN!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Onami

No offence taken OR meant and I apologise if I did offend you! What I was trying to say, obviously not very well, is that there are many countries in Africa which have been saddled with debt by other countries and might I add that some African countries are saddled with debt by their own African neighbours but you don't hear about Africans from, excuse the phrase, non-muslim countries carrying out these types of acts in the name of a holy war of whatever religion or economics which have been forced upon us! That is why I question a countries debt as being a valid reason!
edit on 23/5/13 by wiser3 because: Spelling AGAIN!

Thank you so much for your reply and answering my question.

The OP really is a load of 'what if's'. I do accept though that my scenario is unlikely.

You make a great point about non-Muslim African countries. You never hear about those people commiting terrorist acts.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I suspect this attack in Woolwich could well be the wake up call our politicians seem to need to become aware of their warped foreign policy responsibilities.

They happily dispatch our soldiers to other countries to fight so-called terrorism wars, telling us that these country's are a threat to us. Really! The soldiers (along with other country's soldiers) carrying out our respective government's instructions proceed to kill large amounts of people, completely destroy the infrastructure, homes, businesses and economies of countries that have never actually threatened us or declared war on us and then generally leave an aftermath of sheer chaos wherever they go these days e.g. Irak, Afganistan, Libya etc. Britain is now interfering in Syria by sending arms and every day we see dead bodies, buildings destroyed and refugees.

Suddenly a taste of that terror has arrived on our streets, by homegrown men perhaps of Nigerian backgrounds, but nevertheless resident here and making it clear that their actions are against our government's foreign meddling in Muslim countries.

I hate what has been done, but if it makes our politicians not feel quite so untouchable for their decisions and become aware that the British Public now feel their policies are actually endangering and exposing ordinary people to be murdered on our streets, perhaps some common sense and humanity might rear its head in British politics.

I don't think this act was carried out due to debt or other difficulties everyone is facing today, because the men hung around and faced up to the police knowing they were armed and would be shot, so I suspect martyrdom was their aim

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
After watching the video of the bloody handed killer yesterday I got the impression that religion might not be the cause of the attack.

Could this be about writing off debts and giving back freedom?

No.

It was caused because he was a nutjob Muslim that bumped his head too heavily on his prayer rug more than a few times. I've known a Muslim or eight in my day and they were all normal people. This freak just took his good book a bit too far when it comes to the "strike at their necks" part.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's part of the social contract system in some other countries. Say the head of a household needs some money to send his child to a hospital, he gets a loan from someone. Now the loaner comes around, asks for money back, and the dad can't pay. Well the loaner then kills the man with the bad debt, kills his wife and throws his kids into slavery. Yes this still happens in places like where that man calls "my land". It's very Old Testament, people getting slayed and smited.

I think the cause of the beheading was a combination of drugs, soldier conflict, and well the killer came from a place where they kill their own dinner, they kill the people who break laws over there, and they kill on command from some sort of military superiors. Even if it were religious, someone got to the man to tell him that his actions were required, meaning it could have been a religious leader.

Knives were the cause of the beheading. I was shocked he apologized, because it meant he had an idea of dignity for others even moments after he had killed the other man. In his land he might have done it and got to continue living like nothing was out of place. In the land he was in, no, it's out of place, and he will get the local consequences, ultimately on the fact that he didn't get permission from the local government to do it. Bizarre conclusion isn't it?

That was how he was taught to deal with his enemy.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Quran makes it clear that Muslims are to fight a real, physical war against all non-Muslims until the return of their messiah (who is Christianity's Antichrist).

It's the same reason that nobody can, after seriously reflecting upon the Quran and the Sunnah, say that Muslims who commit violent acts against others are not justified by their "holy" texts.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by Onami

I don't believe that is a factor atall.

Islam has made it clear that certain of its worshippers will behead an (what they call) infidel, just for being an infidel.

This savage was just fighting his Holy war and meanwhile destroying a man. Mankiller!

I say to you Muslim members here IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO THE BRITISH PUBLIC WHEN WE HAVE LET YOU MAKE A HOME HERE???

Do you doubt that if you push Britain too far we will evict you? Here we don't behave like Hitler; we will just dump you in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. After all that is where your Mecca is. We are civilized. We don't want your demonic Holy war.

How dare you! Tell me does this man's act speak for you???

edit on 23-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 23-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling

CComon ppperecious donts lets be so nassssty
we alls gotta live together on this mudball....
Face it theres good people and theres deranged people of every colour and stripe.

deal with it..........

<< 1   >>

join