It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Great Art Depicting Disparity between Jesus and Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ActuallyActuary
If you want to discuss greed - compare charitable contributions of your god Obama or his palace fool Biden with any one of prominent Republicans.
...and paying mandatory tithes to the LDS doesn't count. Dues aren't charity.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

partisan bunk.

I could easily put up something that says ... What would Jesus do? And then show how Democrats wanted to keep slavery. How democrats want to use force take what people earn .. that's theft. How Democrats reward the welfare queens at the expense of the working class. Would Jesus do that? (scripture says .. if a person doesn't work, then they don't eat) I could show how Democrats lie and cheat and steal and lie some more (just like Republicans do). Democrats ... wanting to regulate what food you eat and how big a drink you drink. Democrats ... wanting to ban goldfish sales and circumcisions (San Francisco). The INVASIVE nature of both the republicans and democrats is legendary. Both claim moral superiority. Neither has it.

Republican/Democrat ... same/same. Neither has moral superiority.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Mads1987
you are mistaken if you seriously think, that there are people out there, who would have ended up being either leeches, welfare queens, looters or any such, no matter what.

you are mistaken if you seriously think that there are people out there, who haven't chosen to be leeches and looters and welfare queens. NO ONE forced them to be unwed welfare parents with four kids at age 20 ... they decided that all on their own. Those people are out there .. lots of them. And while there are lots of people who legitimately need help .. there are also lots out there who are selfishly taking advantage of the system .. at our expense.

You need to sit down and reconsider how humans work, buddy.
Clearly people who receive education on a subject, have better qualifications within that field, then someone who doesn't receive an education in the given subject. Example - a mechanical engineer usually knows more about mechanics than a shoe salesman. I hope you can agree with me so far?

Same goes for life. Some of us are brought up by people with vast knowledge of the world, with insight in social dynamics, healthy values (by common standards), and we grow up to be functioning members of society, who knows that it is properly not a good idea to get four children out of wedlock before the age of twenty. Some of us don't. Get my drift?

Peoples choices are always limited to their knowledge. Mankind stands on the shoulders of giants. We have accumulated a lot of knowledge over the past centuries, and it if foolish to expect uneducated individuals to be able to function on the same level as educated people - and I mean educated in every sense of the word, not just as in school.
Worst thing is, we're not just fighting stupidity. There are people who have been grossly misinformed about the concepts of life.

Things are never as simple as they seem, and people don't just chose to have crap lives.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You need to sit down and reconsider how humans work, buddy.

Right back atchya .. 'buddy'.

Peoples choices are always limited to their knowledge. .

People make bad choices even though they know they are bad choices.
That's why the rate of single parents and their children being on welfare is so high.
People who know better have unprotected sex anyways.
People who know better have children when they shouldn't.
People who know better know that they can collect $$ from the taxpayers, so they do it anyways.
People who know better start smoking cigarettes and drinking and doing drugs, even though
they can't afford it. They CHOOSE to do so.

Like I said .. there are people out there that really need help.
But there are also people out there that are where they are through CHOICE.
That's just the ugly truth of it.

edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If they really understood those things, they wouldn't do it. There is a huge difference between knowing and understanding. They do it because they think it will work out. People, even crazy people, justify their own actions. They think there are loopholes.
Those who really understand don't do those things you refer to.

I'll try again - Peoples choices are always limited to their knowledge and understanding.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Pretty Much Sums it up !!
but as it Goes through the Old (Hebrew Jewish ) to the New Testament ( Christianity )

kinda Makes Sense in a way !! well isnt their any false statements in this Zombie Jesus Claim
well one that is see is to accept him to be Jesus master....

and why do Christians reenact Cannibalism Drinking blood ( wine ) eating Flesh ( bread wafers )
to be closer to him !! now People you got to admitted it kinda Morbid

Im a Christian and do believe in him but I don't take the Bible word for Word ...

and what all about Jesus Camp !! Horror Story

obviously All Republicans !

The Trailer !!

What Most Shocking besides Brain Washing Children !
This so called Camp is Militant ... kids dress up in Camo Gear face Paint etc
and the Brain Washing .... and boys and can change the world absolutely !
( at a young age of brain washing )

In this Trailer!!!!
at 1:12 who are the ones that are willing to give up their lives for Jesus!

at 1:18 we are being train to be gods Army!!!!
!!!

Here ya go!! the Documentary

Jesus Camp
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

unless some are going to tell me there democrats in this Jesus Camp!

get this in the Documentary George Bush Worship Cut Out !!

Yup Obviously a Conservative Republican MK Ultra Project going on .....

well in this documentary the One that runs the Show of Jesus Camp Openly Admitted has said !!!!

That in the Middle East they are Training Children about Religion in a Militant Way
and why not do the same !! Here

Ohh ya think these People may be Republicans !!

Jesus Camp Extract Praise Bush

Sorry ATS a little Conservative Bashing I know !!

edit on 23-5-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If you really want to get into it, do this. Outline the basic tenets of Satanism. Then outline the basic philosophies of Ayn Rand. Then outline the actions of the political and religious right in America.

You will see a carbon copy of one another. Capitalism completely and whole-heartedly follow the same moral compass that Satanists do.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Sometimes the truth hurts.

I think it was Sinclair Lewis who once said; "Fascism will come wrapped in a flag and carrying a Bible." On the other hand, he didn't say the fascists would actually believe in either one.

The modern day TP/GOP in America has become the laughing stock of the world and the sad part is, they're too ignorant to realize it.

F&S for the OP!

edit on 23-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My wife is an unpaid advocate for special needs people. I have never seen such misuse and fraud as with people with a special needs family member.
So when I see liberal clap-trap like above, I consider the source and wonder how many 'assistance services' that particular Obama supporter is receiving...

All loyal Americans. Remember who is supporting this imoral administration. Because, there will be another 2016 version of the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
I can already see someone crying about the 'Bush Administration', because no one can honestly support this one!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Productivity is seldom a choice, ...

'Seldom'?? Seriously dude .. many folks want to work but can't ... but there are just as many that have chosen to be unproductive leeches. Welfare queens. Looters. Bad personal choices. Thats the truth of it.

Neither democrats nor republicans can claim moral superiority.

edit on 5/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)
I am a Christian. I don’t run around preaching to everyone. I am one who prays in the closet so to speak.
When I was a kid, I knew that if I picked up a gun, put it to someone’s head, and then pulled the trigger, I would have to answer to someone for it. A lot of kids these days have no morals. They feel as though they don’t have to answer to anyone for anything. I truly believe a lot of the murders that have taken place in recent years could very well have been prevented if god was in their lives.

I don’t look at myself as a conservative, but as a libertarian with some conservative overtones. In my research, I found liberals more prone to commit murder than conservatives. Is this because God is out of the picture? If God isn’t there, than whom are you to answering too? The authorities? America is the only country in the world where being a criminal in prison isn’t a bad thing. You get 3 squares a day, weight lifting, and an education to boot once you get out...
edit on 23-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I thought ATS wasn't about the right left wing bantering. Why bash a whole religion to get attention to your post.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
I thought ATS wasn't about the right left wing bantering. Why bash a whole religion to get attention to your post.

He wasn't bashing a whole religion, he was bashing hypocrisy in the name of religion.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sigh... when one's environment is not: loving, stimulating, stable or pretty, and said environment even lacks enough things like shelter, clothing and food, then you really think the average person existing in such an environment has a chance in hell of meeting your expectations?

It's easier to tell oneself that "they" are simply not as good... but it simply isn't so. Spending all one's short time trying to alleviate suffering in all its myriad forms might not be a reasonable request, but being less of an a-hole isn't too much to ask... is it?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The words and path of Jesus are definitively closer to the liberal ideology than the conservative ideology.

His message is one of love, acceptance, equality, sharing and forgiveness...many of the values that conservatives hold dearly...but only for close friends and family of course!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ActuallyActuary

Haha that's funny, I actually don't worship Obama, either. As in I'm a moderate. I have tons of threads criticising liberals from back when I was in a liberal zone.

I've been exposed to both extremes and don't think it is a legitimate excuse anymore to blame your political party's shortcomings on the perceived in-competencies of the other party.

It is time for both parties to take responsibilities for their own shortcomings instead of wasting time pointing fingers.

If you think conservatives are so charitable and that it is an admirable attribute, surely you wouldn't mind the poor getting food stamps? Or is that too charitable? I don't understand the logic here.

I can see how the government is enabling the poor, but if you are interested in their well-being, I think time would better be spent working on positive projects to help the poor become independent while still providing a safety net.
edit on 23-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

star and flag for pointing out the blatant hypocracy

xploder
edit on 23/5/13 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

you are mistaken if you seriously think, that there are people out there, who would have ended up being either leeches, welfare queens, looters or any such, no matter what.

you are mistaken if you seriously think that there are people out there, who haven't chosen to be leeches and looters and welfare queens. NO ONE forced them to be unwed welfare parents with four kids at age 20 ... they decided that all on their own. Those people are out there .. lots of them. And while there are lots of people who legitimately need help .. there are also lots out there who are selfishly taking advantage of the system .. at our expense.

Yes and this works on both ends of the scale. You have poor people that take advantage of the welfare system just as you have wealthy people taking advantage of the tax system. We have wealthy people who have never worked a day in their lives but for some reason think they deserve a tax break. The working people are getting screwed by both of these types people.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't really see how this cartoon makes any sense whatsoever.

chronicle.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Liberals and conservatives can get along just fine. After all, both parties are equally corrupt, and any good that they've done is quickly trumped by all the evil that they've done.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thessalonians is a NEW Testament book written by Paul.

So many people are quick to point out the Old Testament v. Jesus issues, but fail to see the Jesus v. Paul issues. Why are people so quick to give a knee-jerk whine of "Old Testament" when they find something in the Bible that they don't like?

Anyways, I think this is the best summary of your main point:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join