It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey folks across the pond (uk) lets have a talk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Maxatoria

And yet despite your rhetoric praising her majesty's finest, they still manage to shoot innocent and unarmed people on far too frequent a basis.

Yeah...nonsense. UK and US troops do everything they can yo avoid civilian casualties. The problem is that the terrorists target and hide behind civilians. They fire dhole hiding behind civilians. They use mosques and hospitals as firing positions and strong points.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
ok sorry fair point they shot cows and that does seem stupid and wrong

It's only wrong if they did not barbeque them after.

To topic. On police and guns. In the UK the two psycho nut-jobs who murdered a soldier in Woolwich yesterday were shot and survived, thus being available to face justice and the indignity of being at Her Majesty’s pleasure, where I am sure they will have a jolly nice time.

In the US they would have been shot 60 or 70 times and thus achieved their martyrdom.

Give me measured response with a firearm any day.

Regards

OTOH, they get to live in comfort, practice their religion, watch TV, work out, eat whatever food they want, and communicate and encourage their fellow fanatics, get released early on "good behavior" with a college degree all paid for by taxpayers. Yeah, the UK version of measured response will really teach them!!!

WTF is "measured response" to hacking somebody's head off?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Not disagreeing with any point here but disarming is a lot easier if they don't hit you with a car first.I would guess that soldier might have had a good chance without them driving into him.
I'm not Chuck Norris I am the recipient of a great deal of pain after having learned of what I did the night before on some occasions.I'm not easy to sneak up on and if you stare you better back it up.We are the more combative of our two people for good or bad.I am a former Cavalry soldier and PC bulls##t rolls all up into my yard all the time.I just want it understood,politeness counts as do factual debates.
Guns are prevalent in my family Dad was a Col in the Air Force my brother is a Detective I will not be made into a criminal or compared to one what ever your personal philosophy.You do know how to speak try to do so to add to lives.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Australian police are all armed, and I'm totally comfortable with that. Makes me feel safer knowing the cops can respond with lethal force if necessary.

My father taught me to shoot when I was a kid. I started with an air rifle and worked my way up.

When I visited Texas last year my friends offered me a good selection of firearms:

edit on 23/5/13 by Sankari because: added url...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Its against the law for us Brits to carry weapons but steadily over the last 20 odd years gun and knife crime has hit the streets with a vengeance. The police around Royalty etc have probably always been armed but now we have special units armed and ready for action. I would rather go back to it being an unarmed civil country, but we are too far down the line and whether Woolwich will make people feel they need to carry some form of weapon incase of a repeat happening, only time will tell.

Many feel that the BBC is not a neutral news and entertainment station, but all the media seem to have private and political vested interest backers today so we can't level criticism at only the BBC.

I don't like the spy cameras and all this spyware/security, but its obviously a huge boom industry that is expanding especially because the media, which makes money on security advertisers, then feeds our paranoia about our security, naturally at the expense of our privacy which was what we were trying to protect - not that our government will have a bar of that

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Yeah...nonsense. UK and US troops do everything they can yo avoid civilian casualties.

Some of the time. It has clearly been established on multiple occasions that civilian casualties are an afterthought, or just irrelevant. It's called collateral damage, Orwellian newspeak.. Other than that your statement above is a blatant falsehood.

The problem is that the terrorists target and hide behind civilians. They fire dhole hiding behind civilians. They use mosques and hospitals as firing positions and strong points.

Yes, this is what we are told. You are simply repeating the mantra. It doesn't matter how often it is repeated or by how many individuals, it doesn't make it any more true or any more of an excuse for indiscriminate murder by the state.

They get to live in comfort, practice their religion, watch TV, work out, eat whatever food they want, and communicate and encourage their fellow fanatics, get released early on "good behavior" with a college degree all paid for by taxpayers.

Sounds like a military recruitment video.

Well if you're a "Syrian Rebel" you get a personal visit from William Hague who will give you hundrends of millions of pounds so you can chop more people's heads off.
edit on 24-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Yeah...nonsense. UK and US troops do everything they can yo avoid civilian casualties.

Some of the time. It has clearly been established on multiple occasions that civilian casualties are an afterthought, or just irrelevant. It's called collateral damage, Orwellian newspeak.. Other than that your statement above is a blatant falsehood.

The problem is that the terrorists target and hide behind civilians. They fire dhole hiding behind civilians. They use mosques and hospitals as firing positions and strong points.

Yes, this is what we are told. You are simply repeating the mantra. It doesn't matter how often it is repeated or by how many individuals, it doesn't make it any more true or any more of an excuse for indiscriminate murder by the state.

They get to live in comfort, practice their religion, watch TV, work out, eat whatever food they want, and communicate and encourage their fellow fanatics, get released early on "good behavior" with a college degree all paid for by taxpayers.

Sounds like a military recruitment video.

Well if you're a "Syrian Rebel" you get a personal visit from William Hague who will give you hundrends of millions of pounds so you can chop more people's heads off.
edit on 24-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

Actually you are quite incorrect. Our ROE are very strict and we have actually taken casualties rather than use artillery against historical and cultural areas being used by the terrorists and high density civilian populations. We actually warned the insurgents that we were going into Fallujah in an effort to get the noncombatants to leave. The lies are coming from you, Sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join