It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek : Into Darkness - 72 "torpedos" 72 Virgin Connection? SPOILER ALERT*****

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
MODS: if this in the wrong section please feel free to move it.

SPOILER ALERT******

Just saw the new Star Trek movie. In it there is a reference to 72 "Torpedos" I mean 72 is such a random number and I can't but help think of the 72 virgins the "martyrs" get when they blow themselves up. Is there a message here? I do think sometimes that the NWO or what have you, tries to blast us in the face with it without us knowing just to show how low they think all of us are. Anyways what do you guys/gals think?

Maybe someone out there has a link to the scene I am referring to. Maybe not though since it is still in theaters.

-S
edit on 23-5-2013 by Savage206 because: MODS

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Savage206

Any mention of the number 47 in the film? Haven't seen it yet.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
not that I remember. WHen they mention 72 the main antagonist gives himself up to the Federation. IT just kind of struck me as "giving oneself up" to martyrdom and I am not sure why. Maybe I am paranoid..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
btw that is totally creepy that you avatar is the dude that play Admiral Pike In the movie...wtf.

I swear I searched for this topic and didn't find anything. Is this well known already? I feel like a dousche.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Savage206 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Any mention of the number 47 in the film? Haven't seen it yet.

Isn't 47 pretty much mentioned in all Star Treks? Episodes, films etc. It's one of those weird numbers that keeps popping up in Star Trek for no discernible reason.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Apparently there were originally 84 exiles on the sleeper ship Botany Bay en.wikipedia.org...

It does seem a little odd that they would not use the original number considering how much else they ripped off. However, I don't find anything nefarious about it. Heck, it could just be that every torpedo-encased augment represents a reference or scene they ripped off from episode "Space Seed" and film "The Wrath of Khan."

Or it could just be symbolic for the number of people that didn't actually walk out of the theater during the movie because they fell asleep

As far as your theory...I would wager that they picked this number associated with martyrdom just to emphasize what a big, bad dude Khan is.

edit on 23-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The only thing I noticed is that the planet they are on in the opening sequence is called 'Nibiru'.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I also believe in the Original Series they found 72 in the sleeper ship Botany Bay so just maybe you are reading to much into this

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
In The Original Series episode "Space Seed," there were 84 sleeper units (not counting Khan's). Scotty found that 12 of them had malfunctioned, leaving 72 survivors (again, not counting Khan). The "72" torpedoes bit from STID was lifted straight from TOS.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

The only thing I noticed is that the planet they are on in the opening sequence is called 'Nibiru'.

I noticed that too I kept thinking where have I seen that name before

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

On ATS maybe?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by knightrider078

On ATS maybe?

No Im into all that stuff just didnt place the name when I saw it right away.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. Luke 10:1

The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:17-20.

Several other occasions concerning this number: We have 70 elders chosen in Numbers 11:14-17 to assist Moses. These 70, plus Aaron and Moses equal 72 - the 72 who spoke on God's behalf to the people. Also there were 72 ornaments on the Menorah in the Tabernacle - a symbol of Light- and the oil in it, the Holy Spirit. Also, there were said to be 72 separate pieces of the veil in the Temple which separated the Holy place from the Most Holy Place.

what might all this mean? maybe Jehova is a bloodthirsty, demented alien?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
72 wasn't just a random number that was chosen for the hell of it. It's referring to the 72 demons in the The Lesser Key of Solomon and Khan symbolizes Lucifer in the movie. During the part where Spock tricks Khan and swaps the real torpedoes instead of his fellow crew members in cryo tubes, the number 666 can be read on the side of one of the torpedoes before it explodes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Gaah! I don't know but Google Translate this www.esonet.it..., it has to do with Leonardo DaVinci and 72.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

La Gioconda is the pictorial testament, philosophical, existential Leonardo. The Mona Lisa must be read on several levels as the Bible. Many art historians or experts of Leonardo made ​​the mistake of giving a reading or unilateral or part of this Old Testament. Our finding of 72 - number key - and the letters L and S, which are present in the eyes of the Mona Lisa, are a point of reference and starting point of a new interpretation of the painting, and the time that goes by Leonardo da Vinci from 1510 until his death.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Seriously guys?

I saw the movie more than once and i read the movie tie-in novel.

@Savage206:
The original crew of Botany Bay (in TOS) was 84 and only 72 survived. It wasn't Abrams' idea to use this number, so no NWO conspiracy here. To say that the crew members were the 72 virgins means that they were innocent and pure. If you knew their history you would understand that they were far from this. They were war criminals and mass murderers.

@Brad Jones:
Khan is one of the best villains in sci fi history and Benedict Cumberbatch was brilliant in the role. To say that he was Lucifer and the crew members demons is ridiculus. If Khan was Lucifer he wouldn't give a # about them and wouldn't surrender to save their lives. He wasn't that evil. As for the 666 before the torpedoe explosion, i didn't saw it(after 3 times that i watched the movie) but i promise to keep an eye out next time and i'll get back to you.

To be honest i was expecting more buzz over the use of Nibiru as the planet that ironically was facing total annihilation.

Or it could just be symbolic for the number of people that didn't actually walk out of the theater during the movie because they fell asleep

NB you just broke my heart
Don't tell me that you didn't like it.....It was a great movie. Besides with all the explosions how could someone fall asleep?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I so love Star Trek iv'e watched them from the get go, i wonder if they mentioned 51 in it because that means they where thinking of ME

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A. Reference to 72 torpedoes.
What is 72 torpedoes?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

what might all this mean? maybe Jehova is a bloodthirsty, demented alien?

Was Jehova born on Earth? No? = Alien
Sent 10 plagues to kill men, women, and children? Yes, Torture a man just to test his faith? Yes, Turn someone into a pillar of salt just for turning her head? Yes = Bloodthirsty and demented.

So, your answer appears to be Yes.

I'm pretty sure the original Enterprise couldn't launch 72 torpedoes if it's life depended on it. (even if it could, it could only do 6 at a time). Then again, I haven't seen this new movie yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join