It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "white" symbols for each forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Anyone else notice these?

Im not sure if I like them or not...

I think I prefer the old ones...

How about you?

edit on 23-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't like 'em.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Eyeball explosion. Too many competing visuals.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Don't like them at all,,, The all white symbols look to big and their kinda blinding.
Sucks Big Time!
You want to make a change,,,DON"T!

edit on 23-5-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was like whoa! It looks cool. I bet I'll get use to them in no time. I do miss the older ones. Eh doesn't matter that much.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think theres a bit too much white on the screen now...

the old ones were colourful and amusing... I've actually spent a bit of time looking over the old symbols when I was bored one night...

Has anyone in history reverted back to black and white Tv's because it looks better?

Nope don't like em...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Now What is this,,, White and Pink???
Sucks!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Now What is this,,, White and Pink???
Sucks!

I was like... what the heck is he talking about...

Then I figured it out... someone's fiddlin with the web code...

And all sorts of new colours are popping up..

That's just terrible...

edit on 23-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Individually, I like them.

As a group, it's unappealing to look at.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Now there is yellow, blue, and green. I just hope there will be a red icon. Unless pink is consider the red. Eh pink and red are both cool.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I don't like the white at all. I have come to associate different subjects with different colors so when I am looking for a certain topic I look for the color.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yuck! No I don't like the new white icons! The old way was better!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I only use the Recent Posts really and now it all just looks the same compared to before when it was somewhat seperated

not too much of a diff for me except now I actually have to read what forum it is

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'll post something different. I really like them. And I'm not just saying that to be a rebel. They are uniform and professional. I never liked all the random, arbitrary color emblems before.

Good job to whoever is in charge for the visual arts and designs

The site just got legit-er, folks
edit on 23-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Here's an innovative idea.

a PROPER ANDROID APP.

And no, the current website design does not work 'perfectly well' on small devices, or touch screen devices where the underlying html still relies on a text click to activate a link, despite the entire 'button' lighting up.

click.. click.. god damn it, punch..

I never look at the main forum screen haha, so I had to go out of my normal browsing to find the problems listed.

oh well, apart from my current and ongoing gripe, I don't mind the difference. I can never navigate that section anyway. I find forums easier by googling a post I know and going backwards.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They arent that bad on my mintor, i kinda like them, but i never go there anyways so it wouldnt matter to me no matter what.

I post in threads off the new topics page i am interested in, and then go back through my posts if i wanna read or add aditional content.

Though i can see how it would be unpopular for those that use the forums screen alot.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I for one like the new "lined" desgins instead of micro minature photos imposed onto end of thread.

We will get used to it.

However, for the Off-Topic section, we should add some colour instead of plain white.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I noticed them this morning and like you, I am not sure how I feel about them. It is not colorful like the other ones were and it is not as easy to distinguish by the picture what forum the icon is for.

They seem larger too, of course, that could be an illusion caused by the monotones.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
a PROPER ANDROID APP.

We're working on a fully-executed mobile optimized web app as the new site redesign for ATS.

In short...

For desktop users, it will be a full-screen, full-featured site.

For mobile users, everything will scale gracefully down to your screen, and you'll be able to save it as an icon to your device -- essentially functioning and looking like a native app.

It's a bit job, and bandwidth is limited.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yea.... I'm not sure how I feel about them yet... It was a surprise this morning when logging in.... I just can't decide if I love'm or hate'm.... I guess I just don't care... But the old one's were easier to depict what is what.... Guess we'll just have to get used to the new ones???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join