It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible. One post to end all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Umm a few things to add to the thread (or a few info fixes)

The Old Testament- was written by babylon scribes who worked in the kingdom temples, using old mesopotamian scripts, and some other scripts. The Old Testament was written to mostly document history and some future events

Mesopotamia was the first human civilization and *appeared out of nowhere* (scientists wonder how it happened). No records of Homo-Sapians existing before Mesopotamia seem to exist, which means Mesopotamia and Homo-Sapians *sprouted into being* at the same time(scientist "wonder" how it happened). Not only did Mesopotamia and Homo-Sapians spring up at the same time, Mesopotamia also sported schools, library's, society heirarchy, religion, medicine, and other practices
FYI: Mesopotamia became Babylon and is now Iraq

*however, the old testament is now much more concealed than it was when it was first made. the first old testament basically explained how we were created by aliens, why the aliens came, how DNA works, etc. etc., and before the dark ages that kind of stuff was common knowledge. The current old testament now however has been so coded and concealed that the meaning you get out of it is nowhere near what you would have gotten 3,000 years ago out of it*

Now when someone untrained reads the Old Testament, they get a sort of "fake history, neo-mind-controll" propaganda.

What happened to the Old Testament is what happened to almost all religious texts. It started out as history, but that text was later encoded by governments and mind controll text was added.

The New Testament- was mostly written by and finally 'published' by the romans to 1.) Controll the people and 2.) Conceal the history and future into code
The New Testament was mainly a mind controll device first, and a documentation of future events second (in order to understand what the New Testament was predicting and what it meant, you had to be trained. if you werent trained, reading the New Testament would have an even greater mind controlling effect than the old testament)

The Old Testament contained mostly history, this was distorted and concealed to contain encoded history + mind controll

The New Testament contained mostly mind controll when it was first created, thats why it didnt need to be currupted as much as the Old Testament (there wasn't much history in the New Testament, and most of the things that governments would want to add was allready inplace by publishing time)

As for "omg wtf are you talking about, your saying that the scribes that wrote the testaments actually knew of future events and wrote them down? how is that possible?"

Yes it is possible to see into the future. *Magical Powers* do exist.
But I'll let you decide for yourself on whether thats true or not.

All the anti-christ stuff in the bible is becoming true right now even, and to most christians that makes them think that the mind-controll stuff is also true. But this is not the case

This is the effect it was meant to have.
As the predictions part comes true, the people will believe in the mind controll part (because the other *half* is true, it must all be true).

All a ruler would have to do is first make it seem like the predictions are coming true (thus making people believe the mind controll part). After that happens, you can manipulate the controlled public any way you wish as long as your smart and know how to do it.

Also, most Religious texts are almost identicle to the Bible in actual *meaning*(like the Karran, forget how to spell it).
Does this mean we worship the same god? Or does this mean we are falling for the same trap?

Anyway, I think I've said enough ** for one post.

Anyone got comments?

EDIT: I can also answere a question if you got one

EDIT: As for asking for references...
The website with some of this info has been deleted (www.viewzone.com/origins22 was it I think).
I would have to search for more websites to re-find the info (but trust me, its all over the internet, go to www.yahoo.com and type in "annunaki", "anunnaki", "Anunaki", or "nephilim". you will get lots of information)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One post to end all of what? All erroneous posts?

For starters, The authors of the several books of the Bible are not a secret, and you still got it wrong!!!

For enders, what does this have to do with Aliens? I see nothing, but maybe I'm not too sharp on the Alien/religion/Mesapotamian connection.

Alien Mods, could we have a ruling here? Should this remain here or did the brain surgeon not read the signs over the bathroom doors?!? LOL!! ROFL!!! LUIPMTU!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This post is mostly related to aliens, I just didn't post the ties to aliens it had -.-

give it a day or so I guess

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55
The Old Testament- was written by babylon scribes who worked in the kingdom temples, using old mesopotamian scripts, and some other scripts. The Old Testament was written to mostly document history and some future events

You're going to have a very hard time proving that.

You see, the Babylonian names are very different from Hebrew names. The Babylonians were firmly polytheistic, not monotheistic.

There are no cuneiform documents showing any part of the Bible on it. The story of Noah appears to be a rewriting of an ancient Sumerian flood story. The oldest manuscripts of the Old Testament are in Hebrew.

Mesopotamia was the first human civilization and *appeared out of nowhere* (scientists wonder how it happened).

Speaking as a Real Anthropologist, I'll debate that.

YOU might think it "appeared out of nowhere" but we have all sorts of digs that show people living in towns and villages up to 13,000 years ago and before that cas.bellarmine.edu...

There's settlements worldwide (including in the Americas) that date to 20,000 years or so. And there's evidence of culture; proto-writing/pictures, art, houses, agriculture, etc, etc.

So they might have "appeared out of nowhere" for you, but for archaeologists and anthropologists it's pretty clear that they were already around and that climate was forcing lifestyle and technolog changes.

No records of Homo-Sapians existing before Mesopotamia seem to exist, which means Mesopotamia and Homo-Sapians *sprouted into being* at the same time(scientist "wonder" how it happened).

Actually, we have skeletons of Homo sapiens that are dated 100,000 ears old. And archaeological material (stone points, and let's not forget the cave art at Lascaux (that's only 20,000-30,000 years old)... and so on and so forth.

Not only did Mesopotamia and Homo-Sapians spring up at the same time, Mesopotamia also sported schools, library's, society heirarchy, religion, medicine, and other practices

Let's see...
No.
Yes... but not at all the same time.
Writing was developed in several places and there really weren't any true "libraries" but collections of cuneiform tablets for scribes and legal purposes.

however, the old testament is now much more concealed than it was when it was first made. the first old testament basically explained how we were created by aliens, why the aliens came, how DNA works, etc. etc., and before the dark ages that kind of stuff was common knowledge.

I don't think you'll find any proof of that. It sounds like someone's been trying to tell you a bad mixture of Sitchin's nonsense and the Bible.

The current old testament now however has been so coded and concealed that the meaning you get out of it is nowhere near what you would have gotten 3,000 years ago out of it*

I think I should probably tell you that the Old Testament wasn't actually written down/written until about 70 BC. Yes, really. The early Hebrews were NOT a literate culture. Rabbinical schools and contact with civilizations that WERE literate changed that, but as a result the Old Testament wasn't written down until about 100 years before the birth of Jesus.

As to the rest, you might find some of Amadeus' posts quite enlightening. Amadeus is a former theology student who really really REALLY knows his (or her) stuff.

All a ruler would have to do is first make it seem like the predictions are coming true (thus making people believe the mind controll part). After that happens, you can manipulate the controlled public any way you wish as long as your smart and know how to do it.

But the only ones who believe this are the Biblical literalists. Nobody else believes it.

Also, most Religious texts are almost identicle to the Bible in actual *meaning*(like the Karran, forget how to spell it).

Most aren't, actually. I could provide references if you like (the Egyptian religious literature, for starters)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think I should probably tell you that the Old Testament wasn't actually written down/written until about 70 BC. Yes, really. The early Hebrews were NOT a literate culture. Rabbinical schools and contact with civilizations that WERE literate changed that, but as a result the Old Testament wasn't written down until about 100 years before the birth of Jesus.

I think you'll find the Dead Sea scrolls date to about 300BC

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I believe the bible has been modified quite a bit over the years (chinese whispers anyone?), BUT I have no evidence (or proof...) that this is the case. I've seen a few people talk about reading the original version and how it involved aliens etc etc, but none of them have provided a source where others can obtain this "original" version... do you have a source? How reliable is it? And I don't mean some obscure www.welovealiens.com type article. I mean:

a) Photos of the original documents.

b) Authentication of authenticity of the documents by a respected historian / scientist / whoever is responsible for authenticating this sort of stuff.

c) An idiots guide to translating the documents to english as best as possible.

d) The translation by a well respected translator, complete with signature and a statement that this translation has not been modified or changed in any way and has been interpreted to the best of the translators ability.

Oh, and it would also add to the credibility if any statements made are not by someone called Cletus who lives in a trailer

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I think you'll find the Dead Sea scrolls date to about 300BC

Quite true! packrat.aml.arizona.edu...

However... that's not the "old Testament." That actually wasn't put together until 70 BC. Nor do they have all the books that make up the modern OT, which is why I said that.

I realize that some of the individual books are much older.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

what does this have to do with Aliens?

Though I rarely say this...I have to agree with TC here...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lord, let us see where to start.

Mesopotamian history post dates that of several others. Egypt still holds the record in the Middle east thus far, India may be older than Egypt.

OT documents date back to no earlier than the fouth century BCE.

The authors of the Bible with the exception of Paul, are actually just guesses.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Sumeria is older than the Babylonians

www.usfca.edu...

top topics

join