It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Plans Massive Biotech Experiment in US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Monsanto Plans Massive Biotech Experiment in US

decryptedmatrix.com

The US government has for the first time signed off on a large-scale experiment involving genetically modified crops, which will lead to biotech big shot Monsanto introducing an engineered corn seed across America from South Dakota to Texas.

The Monsanto Corporation has been given the go-ahead to test out a man-made corn variant that they claim can thrive in dry, unfavorable conditions. With much of the American south and southwest experiencing abnormally arid conditions, the freak-seed could revitalize a chunk of the nation’s agriculture.

More likely, however, is that a success will m
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD EDIT:
original source for story
rt.com...

edit on Thu May 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The so-called Monsanto Protection Act signed into law earlier this year caused such an outrage that people around the world are planning to protest the biotech company later this month. Now a United States Senator is expected to try and repeal that law after mounting pressure.

The notorious ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ rider stuffed into the non-related Senate spending bill may soon be repealed thanks to the massive amounts of activism and outrage that have now amounted into a legislative charge towards action. Action that has turned into legislation progress through Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon, who has announced an amendment that would remove Section 735 (the Monsanto Protection Act as its known) from the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013 Senate spending bill.

The rider, which almost managed to slip incognito and pass by the alarm system of the alternative media, grants GMO juggernaut Monsanto full immunity from federal courts in the event that one of its genetically modified creations is found to be causing damage to health or the environment. Essentially, it grants Monsanto power over the United States federal government. Thankfully, I was able to get on the subject through news tips and covered the Monsanto Protection Act all the way up until the bill containing it was signed into law by Obama.

decryptedmatrix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
RT Source

at this point making our voices heard and our vision seen is most important to our lives we are living into the future

LOVE

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
RT Source

at this point making our voices heard and our vision seen is most important to our lives we are living into the future

LOVE
What a beautiful heartwarming message that was.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by omega man

While I commend the good Senator for his efforts I have sincere doubts if it will go anywhere in our dysfunctional government.

Wasn't Halliburton given a similar exemption re: fracking somewhere along the way? Whatever happened with that?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Per your link:

More likely, however, is that a success will mean revitalization in terms of Monsanto’s profits and not much more.

Pretty much.

I'd bet good money Monsanto execs aren't planting Monsanto seed in their own home gardens.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
S&F- hopefully this will garner more attention. As Monsanto is coming to the light with more and more people, they are going to push harder to keep these things, such as the article warning, from being taken seriously.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Monsato is too interwoven with the USA government for me to trust them, and secondly I prefer natural stuff over GMO untested territory. I wish that company all the bad luck in the world so that they go under and their execs head on over to prison wtf they belong.

They are a scab on society! A plague!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So...

They're going to infest the Navajo and Hopi territories first, are they ?

A little "second class" citizen experimentation, I see ?

A little repeating of history yet some more ?

Oh shock, oh surprise.

&%^$#@*!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

They try too hard. They skip steps when they modify genes...they leave out other changes that would happen if it were environmentally appropriate plant adaptation. Corn isn't from just anywhere it's grown today, it's from Mexico. It was - slowly - selected for optimal growth in its new environments...including arid environments like Arizona and New Mexico. Those strains still exist, so why don't we start from there...to hard to get the American consumer to accept corn that isn't yellow?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious? They used HAARP to make it a barren desert in the south, then Monsanto conveniently comes out with GMO corn that grows in the worst, drought, no water, burning sun conditions.

A little too convenient don't you think!?

Those weather manipulating, GMO feeding rejects, spreading their HAARPies to everyone in the country!

edit on 23-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
hey guys,
in light of this madness, there's a great app out there called Buycott. you can scan your groceries and it will tell you if the product(s) have GMO foods in them. it also shows parent and or other companies that are connected to the GMO foods.check it out. it'll help the process, and you'll be healthier too.

cheers,
zoo

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've always been strongly opposed to GMO foods, but a thread on ATS recently pointed out that the Arctic ice may be gone by as soon as 2015, and would cause our strange weather to get even stranger.

Maybe there's a reason for this. Though money seems more likely.

Hurry up, and wait I guess.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Isn't it obvious? They used HAARP to make it a barren desert in the south, then Monsanto conveniently comes out with GMO corn that grows in the worst, drought, no water, burning sun conditions.

A little too convenient don't you think!?

Those weather manipulating, GMO feeding rejects, spreading their HAARPies to everyone in the country!

edit on 23-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

People should have the right to choose to use Monsanto's products, or not to use them.

It seems awfully suspicious when you have a company like Monsanto manufacturing non-germinating seeds, and then laws being passed that allow SWAT members to raid local farms. Or when farmer's markets are coming under fire. Or laws being passed making it a crime to grow produce in your backyard, or sell produce from your backyard.

It is nothing more than a company trying to eliminate it's competition. Control of the food supply.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How the hell can an entity gaining control of our food be granted immunity from lawsuits? WTH?!?!
Hey if there's nothing to hide then why the concern? I am just glad technology is enabling us to keep up with and communicate issues related to Monsanto, for whatever that is worth with this mega corp.
As to the 'experiment' I wonder if they plan on suing all the adjacent non-Monsanto farms when their pollen lands on their crops. 300,000 farmers protesting, wow, that is a significant number eh?

he first time that the US Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service has okayed a product that has been genetically engineered to resist a weather condition such as a drought, rather than a pest or herbicide.

So this is an acknowledgement of potential issues with the pest/weed resistant. You know they will still have the traits for pest/weed resistance because it is their patent. I think they are just trying to highlight an additional trait to ease the perception of the public in this case. Sure they could be actually trying to help but I think they are a profits before people kind of entity, so if there is a gray area, they will exploit it ,imho.
Also, are there not any natural strains of corn on the planet that grows in less than hospitable conditions? Surely nature has provided something or a technique, but it won't have the pest/weed resistance.

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

If they were sincerely trying to help they would be doing it via voluntary means and with transparency, not by using backroom deals and anonymous riders to force it upon the unwilling.

FEED THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
With all the droughts lately, this could end up saving the human race!

But let's all berate them with our lack of scientific knowledge!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So, if we modify our food to grow where there is insufficient nutrition for a natural plant to grow how nutritious will it be for us to eat? How long before people begin to die of starvation with a full stomach? No wonder they want protection.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
With all the droughts lately, this could end up saving the human race!

But let's all berate them with our lack of scientific knowledge!

please... let's quit acting like corporations want to save the poor or eliminate world hunger...

world wide starvation could be eliminated over night if certain entities/corporations wanted it so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join