It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Calls Democrats 'losers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Not only that but when he was asked "Would you listen to any Democrats' tax proposals or flatly reject them?"

He said why should I listen to losers.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he won't listen to "losers'' in the Democrat-controlled Legislature who advocate raising taxes to close a looming budget deficit as he announced that former South Bay Republican Rep. Tom Campbell will head his finance department.

Campbell, a social moderate, will take a leave from his current job as the dean of the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley to join the administration, replacing Donna Arduin, who left after just a year.

The director of finance plays a pivotal role in shaping the state's budget as the state continues to face large deficits, perhaps as much as a $10 billion shortfall next year.

Schwarzenegger praised Campbell as "the most brilliant person in California" at a press conference announcing his selection.

"What I like most about Tom is that he thinks the same way I do," the governor said. "He is going to be very, very helpful to continue to put California on the road to recovery."

When asked if he would consider tax-increase proposals put forward by Democrats to help balance the budget, Schwarzenegger said, "Why would I listen to losers? Let's be honest -- they have lost every single ballot in the Bay Area."

"Why would we go and follow a losing formula? It doesn't make any sense," he added. A spokeswoman for the governor said the governor was referring to the ballot measures as losers, not the lawmakers.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/11/05/CALBUDGET.TMP

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am so glad Republicans are bringing us together, in the name of B..I mean God.
First girleymen, then "losers" and Anti-God.
Yep- we're headed in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And he still has what a 69% job aproval rating in Cali and is married to a Dem.
Really what do you call the Dems after getting their butts handed to them across the board this election winners?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Who needs to debate things and explain how your plan will help lower the deficit when you can just say catchy one liners like that

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ShadowXIX,

He was just stating the obvious (and I agree
) but its probably going to cost him sex for a month.

Schwarzenegger: Pro-Bush speech=No sex for 2 weeks

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
And he still has what a 69% job aproval rating in Cali and is married to a Dem.
Really what do you call the Dems after getting their butts handed to them across the board this election winners?

no wonder you like Bush. unreal.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You know, there is nothing wrong with being a gracious winner. Girley-men=Funny. Losers=just plain mean-spirited.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares about this bickering anymore. The fact is there are both Democrats and Republicans running this country. Get over it, there is no political monopoly. Realize that this country is going to be run by BOTH parties until the next election.

Then Liberty is going to kick your ass!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah BlackJackal when your wifes a Kennedy call Democrats "losers" might not be the smartest thing to say. He might be sleeping on the couch for alwhile

We still have to remeber Arnold has crossed his own party lines to help fund stem cell research so really he is listening to them. Perhaps he did mean ballot measures and not the people themselves

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey what do you expect. Conan the Barbarian is running California!

This is the same guy that:

Punches Camels for no reason
Fornicates with witches
Beat T-1000
Went undercover in a elementary school
Defeated Satan
Killed Terrorist
Went back in time to save the world

This guys track record is amazing. Just let that comment from Arnold slide. He's still working for mankind.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Losers" equals:

1. Democracy and civil rights in America
2. Regular folks in Iraq
3. Republicans who are ignorant of the true agenda.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Losers are the kind of people that would ask dgtempe..."Hey...Isn't that avatar against ATS policy?"

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Not only that but when he was asked "Would you listen to any Democrats' tax proposals or flatly reject them?"

He said why should I listen to losers.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he won't listen to "losers'' in the Democrat-controlled Legislature who advocate raising taxes to close a looming budget deficit as he announced that former South Bay Republican Rep. Tom Campbell will head his finance department.

Campbell, a social moderate, will take a leave from his current job as the dean of the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley to join the administration, replacing Donna Arduin, who left after just a year.

The director of finance plays a pivotal role in shaping the state's budget as the state continues to face large deficits, perhaps as much as a $10 billion shortfall next year.

Schwarzenegger praised Campbell as "the most brilliant person in California" at a press conference announcing his selection.

"What I like most about Tom is that he thinks the same way I do," the governor said. "He is going to be very, very helpful to continue to put California on the road to recovery."

When asked if he would consider tax-increase proposals put forward by Democrats to help balance the budget, Schwarzenegger said, "Why would I listen to losers? Let's be honest -- they have lost every single ballot in the Bay Area."

"Why would we go and follow a losing formula? It doesn't make any sense," he added. A spokeswoman for the governor said the governor was referring to the ballot measures as losers, not the lawmakers.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/11/05/CALBUDGET.TMP

The MAN grew up in Europe and decided to move here........he know's how it is there and worked his way to the top.

I'd suspect he know's how fruitless it is to deal with "sissy-boys".

Now GO ARNOLD!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Losers are the kind of people that would ask dgtempe..."Hey...Isn't that avatar against ATS policy?"

whats wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by denseuno
whats wrong with that?

Hey...I didn't say anything was wrong with that

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by denseuno
whats wrong with that?

Hey...I didn't say anything was wrong with that

sorry, didnt mean to jump to conclusions, i just mis read your post.

new topics

top topics

join