It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel be damned. Lets get real about ancient aliens.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by K9millionaire
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

You seem open minded to this topic. haha

But seriously, how do you explain these leaps into civilization happening across the earth at almost the same exact time? How do you explain the similarities between these civilizations, such as God's from the sky, Creation myths, and an inclination for building pyramids?

These are questions that deserve to be answered. Even so, it obviously does not prove an AA theory, nor any other at this point. It does lead me to believe that humanity was jump started into civilization, but I'm not dumb enough to declare that I know how.

Well, much of ancient religion was sun worship. Superstition followed our advent of agriculture, and so we began praying and making sacrifices to sun gods, rain gods, so on and so forth. Prior to this, we prayed and made sacrifices to gods of the hunt. It has been suggested that much of ancient cave painting was a form of magic to win the favor of the gods of the hunt.

When most humans do not understand something, they turn to superstition. It offers an easy, believable explanation to everything. Why did we have a terrible harvest this year? Because we upset the gods. Why did that volcano explode? Because we upset the gods. Why did our cattle get sick? Because we upset the gods.

Creation myths vary, though they often revolve around some deity birthing humanity. Again, this goes back to superstition being used to bridge unexplainable gaps. Where did we come from? The gods made us. Easy explanation.

Pyramids, from the looks of it, have been used to honor deities, and in the case of Egypt, perhaps their pharaohs. This boils down to two likely scenarios: the first being that pyramids were another means of pleasing gods, the second being powerful men's obsession with immortalizing themselves. Why do tyrannical leaders often order monuments be built of themselves?

Because we don't understand something doesn't mean we should bridge the gaps with superstition.

We do know, however, that agriculture lead to the start of civilization, as it allowed us to settle down and build cities due to having a stable food source. With cities came trade, intermixing ideas, language, and customs of different peoples. Recorded history begins ~10,000 years ago with the dawn of agriculture.

As I stated, technological growth is exponential, but trade is really what allowed us to thrive as a species. It allowed for technology to become collective. Hell, agriculture and trade are still central to our survival as a species.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Feels like Ancient Aliens on History is a badly disguised ruse to discredit the real evidence/questions regarding early humans development and logic defying achievements.

Despite that, it is an important subject matter that should not be swept under the rug as a conspiracy theory along with Roswell, JFK, Moon Landing, etc.

I'm posting to probe the brains of you ATSers for your theories regarding the AAT (ancient alien theory), or your debunking of it. Quality evidence/links would be appreciated.

Here's my theory. Early Humans were nudged into civilization. Humans have been on earth for roughly one millions years according to current fossil evidence. For 990,000 of those years we were dumb hunter/gatherers. Suddenly, 10,000 years ago we began inventing language, building monuments, etc.all around the world at the same time. The similarities among early civilizations are too strong to chalk up as simple coincidence. On top of that there are engineering feats among these early civs that are impossible to explain.

As to who exactly nudged us into civilization, my guess is not aliens, but humans who survived a prior Apocalypse and moved humanity into a controlled path to serve them. I'll admit i have no evidence and I don't know this for sure. But it seems much more likely to me than any other explanation.

What is YOUR evidence to begin with?
History Channel? ha ha.
Like haha...
really?

Your theory is not a theory. It's la-la land gone wrong — possibly a low budget Hollywood thing.
That's what it is.

If you do not inhale as of yet, I would suggest a fat one. Just. For. You.
Perhaps, thrice a day, for a week.
Then, after dead towels and a pi$$ed off mom, perhaps you'd come back here, you know, where humans tread.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just as the aliens that visit here now, the ancient aliens were careful not to leave direct evidence. There is circumstantial evidence abound in our ancient texts, but not much directly. They are the Gods.

They're smart.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I have been looking for a good documentary to watch. This one is fabulous! Thanks for bringing to our attention. A+. The History Channel has never had merit with me and I quit watching it years ago.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The UFO myth is fueled by secret government testing of aircraft, like at the facility known as area 51, where among other things plans were realized that were drawn up in Nazi Germany and aircraft like the U2 was tested.

The nearby villages record many UFO sightings, but those unkown flying objects were probably merely manmade prototypes.

Of course there are still unexplained and curious events throughout history like here arcturi.com...
edit on 28-5-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your explanation is just a plausible as any other.
That fact that these leaps in knowledge exist is not in itself the reason I give credence to the theory, rather that they happened nearly uniformly around the earth at almost the exact same time in almost the exact same way that gives me pause

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHierophant

Feels like Ancient Aliens on History is a badly disguised ruse to discredit the real evidence/questions regarding early humans development and logic defying achievements.

Despite that, it is an important subject matter that should not be swept under the rug as a conspiracy theory along with Roswell, JFK, Moon Landing, etc.

I'm posting to probe the brains of you ATSers for your theories regarding the AAT (ancient alien theory), or your debunking of it. Quality evidence/links would be appreciated.

Here's my theory. Early Humans were nudged into civilization. Humans have been on earth for roughly one millions years according to current fossil evidence. For 990,000 of those years we were dumb hunter/gatherers. Suddenly, 10,000 years ago we began inventing language, building monuments, etc.all around the world at the same time. The similarities among early civilizations are too strong to chalk up as simple coincidence. On top of that there are engineering feats among these early civs that are impossible to explain.

As to who exactly nudged us into civilization, my guess is not aliens, but humans who survived a prior Apocalypse and moved humanity into a controlled path to serve them. I'll admit i have no evidence and I don't know this for sure. But it seems much more likely to me than any other explanation.

What is YOUR evidence to begin with?
History Channel? ha ha.
Like haha...
really?

Your theory is not a theory. It's la-la land gone wrong — possibly a low budget Hollywood thing.
That's what it is.

If you do not inhale as of yet, I would suggest a fat one. Just. For. You.
Perhaps, thrice a day, for a week.
Then, after dead towels and a pi$$ed off mom, perhaps you'd come back here, you know, where humans tread.

I shouldn't even engage your stupidity with a response, but I can't sleep knowing you think your the smartest guy in the room wherever you go.

This site is for people to discuss alternative topics openly, which is the exact opposite of what you propose and presumably perform. Smoking a bowl and forgetting that we live in a #ed up world works for the dumb sheeple in the long run, but those of us who are awake and give a damn cant live like that.

If you can read, go back and read my opening post, then read yours, then (because your comprehension skills are apparently at the level of a 5 year old) read my opening post again, then yours, then realize your both angry and dumb, then shut the hell up.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Suddenly, 10,000 years ago we began inventing language, building monuments, etc.all around the world at the same time.
Not exactly. Not sure you get the "suddenly" part. But the retreat of glaciers and changes in sea levels and climate and stuff may have had something to do with it.

The similarities among early civilizations are too strong to chalk up as simple coincidence.
Like what, for example? But how about...we are all human.

On top of that there are engineering feats among these early civs that are impossible to explain.
Like what, for example? Seems like you're resorting to "History" Channel tactics.

edit on 6/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Gave you a start but I'm hard pressed to in the context of "all advanced technology would seem like magic to the very primitive" to make a distinction between God(s) and Aliens. I would have no respect (and have no credibility) for any entity that could directly intervene in our reality (in a Human or Earth centric view) and would have permitted us to go down this civilizational path. To me the breaking point was just after we manged to add property rights into laws, and permitted enforced social stratification. The legal system was what permitted the evolution of the city states and nations and their pursuit of monopolization of lard and violence.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
How is it, that on the history channel, the only show resembling history at all is Ancient Aliens? That's the only show I've seen, in months that isn't loggers, miners, junk sellers and fishermen...all present day, mind you. Pathetic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join