It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel be damned. Lets get real about ancient aliens.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Feels like Ancient Aliens on History is a badly disguised ruse to discredit the real evidence/questions regarding early humans development and logic defying achievements.

Despite that, it is an important subject matter that should not be swept under the rug as a conspiracy theory along with Roswell, JFK, Moon Landing, etc.

I'm posting to probe the brains of you ATSers for your theories regarding the AAT (ancient alien theory), or your debunking of it. Quality evidence/links would be appreciated.

Here's my theory. Early Humans were nudged into civilization. Humans have been on earth for roughly one millions years according to current fossil evidence. For 990,000 of those years we were dumb hunter/gatherers. Suddenly, 10,000 years ago we began inventing language, building monuments, etc.all around the world at the same time. The similarities among early civilizations are too strong to chalk up as simple coincidence. On top of that there are engineering feats among these early civs that are impossible to explain.

As to who exactly nudged us into civilization, my guess is not aliens, but humans who survived a prior Apocalypse and moved humanity into a controlled path to serve them. I'll admit i have no evidence and I don't know this for sure. But it seems much more likely to me than any other explanation.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
either dat or we git thos' daem croks up riva along with buck and ol' granpa bubba, less'go!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Star & FLAG sir!

My heart sings at the prospect of such a thread! I couldn't agree anymore, & truly offer my support in the simple & blatant fact that:

We are not alone

It is all a ruse, & all is (being) revealed.

This is a beautiful time in human history.

I rarely watch tv.
edit on 22-5-2013 by survival because: piezeoelectric.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Lol its sad whats happened to the History/Discovery/TLC channels. Not surprising though with a dumbed down population and all.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by K9millionaire
Feels like Ancient Aliens on History is a badly disguised ruse to discredit the real evidence/questions regarding early humans development and logic defying achievements.

Despite that, it is an important subject matter that should not be swept under the rug as a conspiracy theory along with Roswell, JFK, Moon Landing, etc.

I'm posting to probe the brains of you ATSers for your theories regarding the AAT (ancient alien theory), or your debunking of it. Quality evidence/links would be appreciated.

Here's my theory. Early Humans were nudged into civilization. Humans have been on earth for roughly one millions years according to current fossil evidence. For 990,000 of those years we were dumb hunter/gatherers. Suddenly, 10,000 years ago we began inventing language, building monuments, etc.all around the world at the same time. The similarities among early civilizations are too strong to chalk up as simple coincidence. On top of that there are engineering feats among these early civs that are impossible to explain.

As to who exactly nudged us into civilization, my guess is not aliens, but humans who survived a prior Apocalypse and moved humanity into a controlled path to serve them. I'll admit i have no evidence and I don't know this for sure. But it seems much more likely to me than any other explanation.

This sounds more like an "Ancient Civilizations Theory" than alien theory to me. Which, is fine, and more plausible IMO.

So, prior to your 10,000 year mark, what does the geology say about the conditions and potential for meteor impact that could have wiped out a previous civilization?
Where in this day and age would the location of the liveable land masses reside?
Since the physics and and even gravity is the same now as it was then, a building design that works, would work regardless of location on earth, right?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Lol its sad whats happened to the History/Discovery/TLC channels. Not surprising though with a dumbed down population and all.

That and the auction trend is killing me slowly...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

It would not require a land mass for a small pocket of an earlier civilization to survive an apocalyptic event.
The US has "bunkers" (more like underground cities) to assure the continuance of government in case of such an event right now, and it's not a stretch to assume that if there was an advanced civilization before the one we are in, they would have done the same.

As far as the monuments/buildings go, they are not impossible to explain from a physics standpoint, but from a "technology available at the time" standpoint.

And for the meteor impact, I frankly have no idea.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
something about these ancient aliens shows doesn't ring true.. it's like the environmental movement.. back in the 80's if you mentioned the environment you were a tree-hugger and a hippy.. now it's part of the agenda..

same deal with the AA scene.. things we were investigating 10-20 years ago were laughed at.. now they're part of the agenda

keep watching where this is going.. vatican getting onboard, etc

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
History Channel is nothing but blatant propaganda.

"Ancient Aliens Debunked" is a must see epic documentary that exposes the "Propaganda Channel" lies.

Well worth watching in its entirety, a lot of academic research was put into it.

Ancient Aliens Debunked is a 3 hour refutation of the theories proposed on the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. It is essentially a point by point critique of the "ancient astronaut theory" which has been proposed by people like Erich von Däniken and Zecharia Sitchin as well as many others.

The film covers topics like: Ancient building sites: Puma Punku, The Pyramids, Baalbek, Incan sites, And Easter Island. Ancient artifacts: Pacal's rocket, the Nazca lines, the Tolima "fighter jets", the Egyptian "light bulb", Ufo's in ancient art, and the crystal skulls. Ancient text issues: Ezekiel's wheel, Ancient nuclear warfare, Vimana's, the Anunnaki, and the Nephilim.

Make sure you go to its parent website, where there is more video and lots of source documentation.

It was produced by Chris White and includes commentary from Dr. Michael Hesier.

Chris White has produced one of the most important video productions dealing with the Ancient Alien Phenomena With the added scholarly research from Michael Heiser this documentary is epic in its scope – answering just about every ”Alien” claim made on the Ancient Aliens television show, one of the most popular programs on television which is falsely spreading a “Psuedu Gospel” with the help of a complicit media, imagine folks seeing a show on “The History Chanel”? surely the History Chanel has done their homework and verified at least some of this shows claims? You will realize that it’s not just our national news media that has become lazy. Our History Channel seems to be rewriting history as well.

The Ancient Aliens show and its prime benefactor Giorgio Tsoukalos has one goal in mind. To Debunk the Judeo Christian world view and replace it with an age old story, A story the most beautiful of created angels used to temp earths first inhabitants. A psuedo gospel that will possibly sway even the “elect” with a future disclosure. When you hear for yourself so many Lies, disinformation and the twisting of the “truth” coming right from the mouth of Tsoukalos – one realized why Christ called Satan the “Father of Lies”. His followers on earth just can’t help but repeat them…..

www.supernaturalresearch.com...

Also Alex Tsakiris @ skeptiko.com did an excellent interview with Chris White (MP3 & transcript):

Interview with Ancient Aliens Debunked filmmaker Chris White

edit on 22-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by K9millionaire

I'll admit i have no evidence and I don't know this for sure. But it seems much more likely to me than any other explanation.

Is this a barely disguised how life got here thread ?

Well in that case all the theories are safe because it happened so long ago that there is no direct evidence for any of it.

You can go ahead and believe anything you want.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Precisely my point concerning the history channels AA series. It's a mockery of itself and aims to discredit all AA evidence/theories by readily presenting bunk science and lies as fact for the purpose of being discredited. This works to discredit the entire subject in the minds of the general public, despite any actual evidence/truth.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Not a "how life got here" post at all

More of a "what jumpstarted human civilization?" and "Exposing the History Channels Propaganda" thread...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well duh.

If they wanted to be taken seriously, you think they'd have this guy on there?

He's just relate-able to the audience watching.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

More of a "Exposing the History Channels Propaganda" thread...

Sorry, you're right about that. I used to watch that stuff before I found the internet. I kinda chuckle when they put on Scuba gear and dove in the ocean 'looking for underwater ancient aliens'. The other was a cave-- under-ground ancient aliens, lol.

Its a much wider conspiracy than just shows like this. All the popular mythos are untenable.

Area 51- no one is ever going to get in there, its too well guarded.

Bermuda Triangle- huge under ocean alien whatever... too big an area and too deep to ever verify.

Underground UFO Nazi Bases at the poles- Too remote and cold to uncover under all that ice.

Atlantis- Way to old (also underwater).

Moon and Mars UFO bases- Those are really safe from ever resolving / on another planet.

These and other "mainstream" sores are allowed to fester and every time someone dusts them off and goes ooh, look another clue, photograph or random bit of rock surfaces it becomes Fantasy headlines all over again.

Bah on the whole mainstream genre. People are duped so easily.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Wrong. Homo sapien is only ~ 200,000 years old. Before us there were other species of Homo, dating back to what we believe to be Homo erectus from ~1.8MYA. Before Homo erectus, the earliest hominids, dating back roughly 6-7MYA, were Australopithecines (human-chimp hybrids like Lucy).

We have no way to find out when spoken language was introduced to our genus, as it is undocumented, but chances are that spoken language is much older than 10,000 years. We do know that there is a connection between quality of food and intelligence, and we do know that ~10,000 years ago was when we first discovered agriculture and began domesticating animals. Prior to this, we were hunter gatherers, and high quality food was not sustainable.

So, with agriculture came the ability to settle down, trade, and create cities and villages, hence the population boom in the Fertile Crescent. Resulting from this, cuneiform was developed in Sumer as a means of documenting livestock and other supplies, thus leading to the dawn of written language.

One thing to keep in mind is that technology is not linear; it progresses exponentially. The advancements in technology that we are making are advancing at such a fast rate now that tech from even five years ago is quickly becoming obsolete. Think of how long we relied on fire before we harnessed electricity, or how long we relied on analog before we went digital. To say that people who relied on older tech were dumb is a gross misunderstanding how human intelligence. The capacity of our brains has not changed; a child in the middle ages could be taught the same things as a child growing up in modern times, as could a child in ancient Sumer or Egypt. What has changed, however, is our collective knowledge as a species.

The scope of building these monuments often goes ignored; the pyramids in Egypt and South America weren't built in a few days, neither were the giant statues buried within Easter Island carved in a short time. These projects took a ton of time and man-power.

Seriously, the ancient alien theory is more idiotic than believing in god. "We don't know... SO IT MUST HAVE BEEN DA ALIENZ!!! HUR DURRRU DURR HURR HUPRUDRURP"

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

You seem open minded to this topic. haha

But seriously, how do you explain these leaps into civilization happening across the earth at almost the same exact time? How do you explain the similarities between these civilizations, such as God's from the sky, Creation myths, and an inclination for building pyramids?

These are questions that deserve to be answered. Even so, it obviously does not prove an AA theory, nor any other at this point. It does lead me to believe that humanity was jump started into civilization, but I'm not dumb enough to declare that I know how.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Im not going to get into any arguments here but when the vast amounts of evidence....on any subject....outweigh any possible discredits equaling that evident...then that evidence leads to being true.

And until such a tme as those vast amounts of evidence is officially and sufficiently proved false, inaccurate or UN-true...that evidence stands.

Thus, we've already had the "disclosure". Its all around the world.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
History Channel is nothing but blatant propaganda.

"Ancient Aliens Debunked" is a must see epic documentary that exposes the "Propaganda Channel" lies.

Well worth watching in its entirety, a lot of academic research was put into it.

Totally agree, great post.

edit on 24/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I agree that there could have been ancient people on the earth, maybe aliens. If you think about the ancient objects they have uncovered in coal seams, quarries, even at the bottom of rivers it suggests the presence of life 'before'. Maybe archaeological treasure wasn't found by just us, maybe the Mayans, Egyptians, Chinese or Early Africans found something from even earlier than themselves?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I find the AA theory quite persuasive. Without it, so many things are completely unexplainable.

Sure, like any other TV series, they get carried away sometimes, but for the most part I find it a coherent explanation. The mathematical knowledge encoded at Gavrinis Island is a good example.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join