It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is London going to burn tonight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Won't happen many of you say ? What are the clashes with police I just watched on Australian Channel 7 News Just a few minutes ago ? Looked pretty violent and heated to me.But I'm stupid.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

You have a good point there.I feel also that killers in general,should be as far as humanly possible,designated to obscurity.These 2 guys wanted to,and succeeded in ensuring this would be a visible and shocking way to make their point,though.Let us hope and pray this is not the inspiration for copy-cat attacks.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I don't think anyone here called you stupid?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Do you have a link,btw? I'm in South Africa,i just sharply tuned to SkyNews,but there's no footage or reports of violence yet,just a guy in front of number 10,saying the prime minister will address this issue later in the day.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Outside of London Mosques in Essex and Kent where attacked... with one man being arrested on suspicion of attempted arson on the Mosque in Essex, and another arrested for criminal damage on a Mosque in Kent.

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 23/5/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Tonight? No, it's a school day.

Friday/Saturday night? Maybe.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Tonight? No, it's a school day.

Friday/Saturday night? Maybe.

Don't forget it'll be a bank holiday weekend... a drink or three and who knows what will happen, we already have one person trying to burn down a mosque in Essex, it really does not bode well given the underlying levels of anger floating around about migrants, jobless, recession, crap government etc... it would not take much to light that tinderbox
edit on 23/5/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

Do you have a link,btw? I'm in South Africa,i just sharply tuned to SkyNews,but there's no footage or reports of violence yet,just a guy in front of number 10,saying the prime minister will address this issue later in the day.

Haven't got time right now, will look it up for in the morning for you.In the mean time google Channel 7 .au look under 7 nightly news should give results. Look forward to what you turn up. I also earlier provided a link to a arson attack on a mosque.
Cheer's.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thank you for the link.It is now time,for any and every person of the Islamic faith who is appalled by this killing,to make their voices heard.Very publicly,and of course peacefully.That may go a way towards calming the minds of those who are blaming the whole Islamic faith and all its followers.Now is an excellent opportunity for the truly good,peace-loving Muslim people to make their voices heard.That way something good,at least,will come from this sad+shocking tragedy.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Got it,thank you.And i do sincerely hope with all my heart that there will be no retaliation,as only more lives may be lost,and blood spilled.Clear heads need to prevail now.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There was violence in Woolwich last night when the knuckle-dragging EDL went to "protest".

Their "protest" consisted of about 100 football hooligans in balaclavas throwing glass bottles and bricks at police, then going to get drunk and celebrate outside a pub while yelling football chants...

The kind of scum that makes this country "proud"

Yes, they are supposedly called the "English Defece League", but last night they all seemed to be celebrating the death of a soldier by getting wasted in the street and rioting with police - who have other more important things to do.

Thankfully, a lot of people have seen their "Defence" of this country and agree that they are a bunch of lunatic football hooligans. But I really fear the response from the rest of this country at the ballot box.

I have had to abandon Facebook today, because far too many people that I thought I knew have begun to express nationalist - almost far-right - opinions. This includes family too. I have been worried for the last five years about the creeping nationalism in the UK, and this is a turning point in my opinion.

UKIP has gained support in the last few weeks, the BNP/EDL will likely gain numbers too, like it or not all three are leaning to the far right in their ideals and statements. UKIP might not be openly racist like the others, but they have a hell of a lot of people from both those groups who see it as a way to get the most right-wing ideals into government.

I agree with what others have said too, we have a weekend ahead, and we have Friday prayers to take place tomorrow across the country. The EDL managed to get about 100 - 150 people to London last night with a couple of hours of notice, I would not be surprised to see them organizing protests across the country that then have the potential to turn violent.

Wait until they release the image of the soldier too - that will be another flashpoint.

Remember what happened with Mark Duggan? His death sparked riots and looting across the country for three days. This has the potential to be similar to that with complete idiots attacking symbols of Islamic faith.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's important not to underestimate what's happening right now across the country..

Tweets...

‏@EDLTrobinson @Official_EDL We are helpless to act,you are not.Something has to be done,it's gone too far.Feel free to contact me.

The above tweet is from someone who identifies himself as a serving British soldier.

EDL march, Bank Holiday Monday. Downing Street

EnglishDefenceLeague ‏@Official_EDL 6m @professorgreen We are not prepared to sit back and watch yesterdays barbaric events happen!

Tommy Robinson EDL ‏@EDLTrobinson 24m Bank holiday Monday we will be going Downing Street to show our disgust at recent events. A support our troops rally! For all people. 4pm

Facebook...

Our country our laws. Our religion. Lets make the government enforce this, and stop any further blood shed

gas chamber

I saw the Twitter account gain 40 followers in just ten minutes.

This is what makes me think about leaving this country before the idiot masses allow a takeover and the nightly raids start.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Friday night probably, I hear the weathers not going to be too bad.
It'll all be done by monday, windy and wet doesn't work well with chaos and destruction, you have to have nice weather for that.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This picture is just one example of the mentality and attitude on Facebook today, all over the country people are posting similar things...some even with threats of violence.

It's disgusting the level some people drop too, I just pray there isn't any violence over this incident, but as someone said, it's the bank holiday weekend...who knows.

I've had to heavily edit the screenshot for obvious reasons.

edit on 23/5/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

the brits are too restrained to go of on one over this 2 nutters do not make a people it will be forgotten about in about 2 days

You remember the summer riots across the UK last year I take it?

I didn't see too much "restraint" on display then.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
UK is a RULED BY LAW nation, and will never back away from apprehending those who commit criminal acts, no matter HOW MANY there are, regardless of any religion or political or just plain insane groups.

Those who think they can take this opportunity to upset the cart - think again.

Anyone who has information on others who intend to incite violence, is welcome to contact the authorities. Either support the rule of law, or be prepared to be caught up in senseless violence created by those who intend to sow hatred and destroy the country. Why be manipulated?

It is not time for apathy now. None needs to be hurt, as each human life is precious and means something special to another.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by billdadobbie

the brits are too restrained to go of on one over this 2 nutters do not make a people it will be forgotten about in about 2 days

You remember the summer riots across the UK last year I take it?

I didn't see too much "restraint" on display then.
i saw a lot of well organised people who many thought were too organised for a rabble right at a time when police cut backs were on the cards strange eh

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In related news: London didn't burn.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
In related news: London didn't burn.

Cool a professional antagonist, welcome to ATS. Joined 2 day's ago , 40 post's , 0 flags , 23 stars W. 0.2 and K9 ( that's slang for dog ). Read all you antagonistic trash talk . Enjoy your short stay, can I offer some aloe vera for the burn ?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Wow, that's a buttload of butthurt you've got there.

I notice London still isn't burning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join