It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is London going to burn tonight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is just going to be a short post. In my earlier post I discussed a disturbing trend in the way the media was portraying the slaying of a yet unidentified man in London . With in minutes of the event , we had black men , islamist's , and very quickly there after terrorist's. These were reported as if fact's, far to soon to have been confirmed. Even now hour's afterwards these fact's and many others given have not been validated. I said that the likelyhood of rascist and anti-muslim bashings are likely to occur. I believe as the night's role on there are going to be a number of hate crimes and rioting in the United Kingdom. Mob rules. So what say you , I would like to hear your thought's.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

"Tonight"?

Do you know what time it is over here? It's nearly 3am in the morning and it's also a working week. Unless of course, by "tonight", you meant Thursday?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the brits are too restrained to go of on one over this 2 nutters do not make a people it will be forgotten about in about 2 days . nothing to see here mentality

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

I agree - and depending on how you see the situation, I would say that that is actually a good thing. It shows how "civilized" we are, right? In other regions, there'd be gunfire, deaths, explosions and whatnot.

Now, depending on whether you believe such restraint is a good thing is your own interpretation, but it should be a fact that such restraint would lead to less or no injuries/death. On the other hand, there have been numerous incidents in the past few hours - little pockets of unrest and crime here and there.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
sooner or later, it's going to happen..

Rihanna, Jay-Z "who's gonna run this town tonight"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No, it's midweek. Work tomorrow. We'll burn stuff at the weekend.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If they want to organize a protest in England they need to give away free local beer, coffee, and tea. All the seniors will be there, it will be a great get together. A little music won't hurt either... and definitely order some porta-potties.

Huh...What are they supposed to be protesting anyway....doesn't really matter any excuse for a senior party is ok.

edit on 22-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
the brits are too restrained to go of on one over this 2 nutters do not make a people it will be forgotten about in about 2 days . nothing to see here mentality

I'm not quite sure what you just said, but the Brits aren't "restrained".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is it a bad time to say that if a criminal doesn't have access to a gun he will just find the nearest meat cleaver?

Or would that be insensitive?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by billdadobbie

I'm not quite sure what you just said, but the Brits aren't "restrained".
i do think the brits are a very polite and restrained bunch in general they just leave the goverment to fix all this mess

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Is it a bad time to say that if a criminal doesn't have access to a gun he will just find the nearest meat cleaver?

Or would that be insensitive?

Britain has a nice low murder rate, so it would be pointless.
edit on 22-5-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
London,the violent crime capital of europe?
Restrained?
Brits?
Say that again ill bash your ruddy teeth in

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
London,the violent crime capital of europe?
Restrained?
Brits?
Say that again ill bash your ruddy teeth in
i dont have any yet

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
bigpondnews.com... tacks_RSS_220513 Arson attempt on London Mosque. Related ?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You mean,in response to this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Don't worry,propably nothing will happen.Retaliation would be undesirable,as it always leads to more bloodshed,and more.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: grammar

edit on 23-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: snarkiness

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
I said that the likelyhood of rascist and anti-muslim bashings are likely to occur.

Given the publicity this incident has received, it wouldn't suprise me if other extremists are inspired by this and start copycat killings too.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ok, so it is a bank holiday this weekend, and if anyone knows anything about bank holidays here it generally has meant violence.. at least it has always seemed that way to me growing up in Brighton with the usual fights along the seafront between gangs of youths...

On the local news they have already made some arrests on an attack on a mosque next door in Kent.. and I am sure this will only escalate over the weekend as more and more people turn towards having a drink or three...

Sigh.. we shall see.. but I am expecting a great deal of issues to arise from this over the weekend.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

That is a possibility.But as another member has said,what's to be expected? A country(England) that sends soldiers to assist another country(America) in waging a phoney war,allows boatloads upon boatloads,hordes of citizens of the countries they attacked+brutalised,to stream into their country(England)Or foreign nationals(immigrants) who are sympathetic to nationals of countries that were attacked.By England,following America's lead.

Now some of these immigrants appreciate the hospitality,holds no grudges maybe,contributes to the society/country that accepted them.But not by a long shot,is every single one of them walking around without a (righteous?) grudge.I cannot fathom wanting to live in a country whose troops slayed my loved ones/thousands of my fellow citizens-unless it is to wreak havoc from within.But that's my personal feeling.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

There is an element of truth in what you say ( foreign policy being an issue) however it is highly likely that if you are of the mind to absorb someone elses ideology to the point of blind zeaoltry ; you might do this kind of thing wherever you were....

Before England even had an Empire; people were still commiting murders in their own indigenous coutries against fellow contry men, often with a supposed religous cause to justify.
This included England itself where English people beheaded/hung/drowned other English people in state sponsored public ceremonies.

My main complaint (aside from the stupidity of people becoming a Zealot in the first place) is the Oxygen the media provided to this persons rant.

The media wasnt allowed to play Gerry Adams voice during his prominence in the "troubles" and I think there should be a media ban on playing the political rantings of people who undertake such acts as it serves as a motivating factor.

edit on 23-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join