It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Near Oklahoma Tornado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I found this video of a UFO near the Moore, Oklahoma tornado. It appears to be a ball, so your first conclusion might be that it's ball lightning. However, I saw no lightning, so how could it be ball lightning? Chinese lanterns or RC aircraft are pretty much out of the question. Same for weather balloon.

It also to changes direction near the end of the video, so that is odd as well.

It doesn't appear to be CGI, but some opinions from expects on computer graphics would be helpful.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Its really neat, Its definitely a UFO (Its a flying object that is unidentified), but not enough detail to see if its an alien! It could easily be debris.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'd say judging by the speed it's probably one of the weather helicopters that were flying around at the time

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Firstly, there's no proof that this video is of the Moore, OK tornado. This could be any video of dark rain clouds anywhere.

Secondly, if it is of that tornado, there were many news and weather helicopters in the air. This appears to be one of them.

Another IFO for the UFO forum.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Howdy,

It's hard to penetrate the atmosphere to see these...but, maybe it could be?

It's cloudy here, so I can't view it easily.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sorry i read your last post im not going through all that again. Ps you dont need lightening to have ball lightening.I would give you a link but i can't be arsed.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

No, it cannot be any "dark rain cloud" as the cloud is a wall cloud, which is almost always part of a supercell thunderstorm. There was either a tornado already on the ground, the storm dropped a funnel cloud, or the storm was very close to dropping either the former or the latter.

And thank you for trolling my thread.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is like a book thats convincing and yet it's not.Cause i aint read it all.

Memories....

edit on 22-5-2013 by edged1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by edged1

Yu do understand that it is called ball "LIGHTNING", right?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

and how many vids would you lik me to put up?
this is my las answer tonight as im gunna gather my # together,night.

ps srry for spelling frosty jacks trying to take over.

pps thats a jet

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by edged1

As many as you can.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
reply to post by edged1

As many as you can.

I can alls good take care night

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There is no trolling. People should think and research before posting YouTube videos. 99.9% of "UFO's" are IFO's and have a terrestrial explanation.

Tornado = many helicopters in the air = no UFO.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The helicopter operator would never move that close to a wall cloud as there is a strong possibility that a tornado can drop down right next to them. It would be a very unsafe strategy

And you come into my thread, say it's an IFO, say it's a helicopter, which is very unlikely, and leave. Perfect example of trolling.
edit on 22-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by _BoneZ_

The helicopter operator would never move that close to a wall cloud as there is a strong possibility that a tornado can drop down right next to them. It would be a very unsafe strategy

And you come into my thread, say it's an IFO, say it's a helicopter, which is very unlikely, and leave. Perfect example of trolling.
edit on 22-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

Actually you can't tell how close the object in that video is to the tornado as there's no reference points. Imo, a helicopter.

Just to say, this happens all the time, every major disaster like the tsunami or other tornado events, a video will always show up a week or so later with apparent UFOs. In all the times I've seen they're either fake or mundane with nothing amazing, this video falls into the latter category

edit on 22-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Nonetheless. It still appears rather close. Wall clouds are often small, so it may appear as if it is a large wall cloud, it probably isn't, but rather, it is very close.

If it is a helicopter, it shouldn't be too far from the wall cloud, which would make it a dangerous situation.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

There is no trolling. People should think and research before posting YouTube videos. 99.9% of "UFO's" are IFO's and have a terrestrial explanation.

where's your source for that statistic, slick?

and to OP:

one should never ask for "computer experts" to evaluate video footage on ats. when it comes to debunking a possible ufo clip, practically everyone thinks they're an authority on cgi.

tough to tell what we're seeing here at that range. seems like it would be dangerous to get up close and personal in an aircraft while a tornado is tearing up the countryside. as far as "ball lightning" goes, let's just say "no". i doubt it even exists. i have seen exactly zero examples of it ever in any context. i'm flagging because i think this is an interesting video.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

reply to post by _BoneZ_

No, it cannot be any "dark rain cloud" as the cloud is a wall cloud, which is almost always part of a supercell thunderstorm. There was either a tornado already on the ground, the storm dropped a funnel cloud, or the storm was very close to dropping either the former or the latter.

Funny how you ask for opinions...

It doesn't appear to be CGI, but some opinions from expects on computer graphics would be helpful.

...then call people that don't believe your theory "trolls".

Apparently not everyone thinks helicopters are UFOs like you do.
edit on 23-5-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I asked for opinions from "EXPERTS" on "COMPUTER GRAPHICS", not opinions from people who think it's a helicopter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join